Sign in to follow this  
chris330

Shilp Shetty

Hi,

Anyone else seriously impressed with this woman? Personally I think she is my latest celebrity crush and my new hero or should I say heroine.

I'm delighted by how dignified she is and especially for an A-List celebrity it really is quite remarkable. It's about time we in the UK got some positive things said about the non-white community and had a positive ehtnic icon in our country.

I don't want any comments in this thread about the racism row inside the house. At all.

But please feel free to register your support for this remarkable woman in this thread smile_o.gif

Never heard of her. Is that her real name? Oh wait, is this the reality tv thing?

I don't watch that stuff.

Her name is Shilpa Shetty. I spelt the damn topic title wrong again! I'd be grateful if someone could correct that lol.

If that's her real name or not I don't know. It might not be. Yes she was the star of the Big Brother show we had last month in the UK.

I'm not British but that racism row in Big Brother got plenty of attention even outside UK...

Though considering other women present in that show, it's not too hard to come off as beautiful and sophisticated tounge2.gif

for an A-List celebrity

you've got to be joking me right? 'A list' celebreties never lower themselves to such televisual tat as big brother, hence why ever year we end up with a house full of people we've never heard of, and never care about...

A list in bollywood perhaps, but that counts for very little in my books. If you've been on that show, you're Z list.

no, shes deffanatly A list.  A massive cock up from her agent apperently.  She didnt know what big brother was, and her agent signed her up for it a day before it started.  In India she has millions of fans aswell as millions of $.  She is undobtadly the biggest celebrity who has ever set foot in that stupid house, and didnt need to go there for a re-start to her career like the others.

also bollywood is soon to be worth more than hollywood, so perhaps it will become somthing in our books?

I´ll keep it in her own words:

"If this is the modern Britain, then it is terrifying"

Nuff said on this useless topic.

Is there really any need to be so rude? Is it that commonplace on here now for people to speak to each other in such a fashion? And from an established member too. I don't hold out much hope for any new talent Armed Assault might bring the community if that's the reply one can expect in the offtopic forum.

@Trevor

Lol yeah I thought that must've been a screw-up somewhere. Couldn't really figure out why she was there. I think a similar thing happened with Dirk. He was way to big for the show.

for an A-List celebrity

you've got to be joking me right? 'A list' celebreties never lower themselves to such televisual tat as big brother, hence why ever year we end up with a house full of people we've never heard of, and never care about...

Indeed:

A-list: Big TVshows and/or motion pictures (aka movies smile_o.gif )

B-list: Reality TV etc etc.. Ppl that does anything for some money and fame

C-list: The random dude standing behind the newsreporter waving, and the bragging for all his hill-billy friends his on 6o' clock news.

smile_o.gif

for an A-List celebrity

Indeed:

A-list: Big TVshows and/or motion pictures (aka movies smile_o.gif )

B-list: Reality TV etc etc.. Ppl that does anything for some money and fame

C-list: The random dude standing behind the newsreporter waving, and the bragging for all his hill-billy friends his on 6o' clock news.

smile_o.gif

exactly

A-list: Big TVshows and/or motion pictures (aka movies )

I'm not doubting her credibility as a star, but by going on that show she's lowered herself to the relms of Z list (and no, i refuse to grace goody gum drops and her inept celebrity friends with even C list status)

mistake or not, its big brother, the most flogged to death horse on TV... when will they let it die

Quote[/b] ]Is there really any need to be so rude? Is it that commonplace on here now for people to speak to each other in such a fashion? And from an established member too. I don't hold out much hope for any new talent Armed Assault might bring the community if that's the reply one can expect in the offtopic forum.

What´s next ?

Discussing bikini colours of the Fijis ?

The offtopic section is meant to discuss:

Quote[/b] ]For discussions not strictly related to Operation Flashpoint. Topics should still be related in some way, for example: military, politics, science and other military games.

wow_o.gif

I'd go even further and say this is too OT for OT because, next thing you know, everybody will open up new threads about their favourite Jane Doe (mine would be Mrs Smith... err, I mean Angelina Jolie tounge2.gif ) .

For someone that couldn't even write the person's name correctly to open up a fan thread... goodnight.gif

If you don't like the thread or if you think it should be closed just report it to a moderator and leave it be... no need for every thread that is too OT for OT to have a discussion on whether or not it is in fact too OT for OT...

lol i understand what this is all about from living in the UK, but hes right, placebo would have this locked within hours lol...

really just aimed at UK/Pakistan huh.gif

I'm delighted by how dignified she is and especially for an A-List celebrity it really is quite remarkable.

Newsflash.

A list celebrities don't appear on Big Brother.

Guest RKSL-Rock
I´ll keep it in her own words:

"If this is the modern Britain, then it is terrifying"

Big Brother and Jade Goody are about as indicative of the average British citizen as Armin Meiwes is of the average German.

If its true, atleast the "average british citizen" doesnt eat their friends!  rofl.gif

reality tv is just stupid full stop. (except shows with meanings, like the aprentice etc..). But this series of Big Brother did show that Britian still has underlying racism. And showing that that exists to our teenagers (who make the majority of viewers for BB) can be no bad thing.

Quote[/b] ]"If this is the modern Britain, then it is terrifying"

What a fuss about nothing. Kind of reminds me of the recent cartoon uproar, luckily riots did not break out and nobody died.

But it's just fact that today we live in such world of overdone political correctness that every incident in a trashy soap or reality show requires minister-level condemnation.

But if i were locked in a house with miss Shetty insulting her would be last things on my mind though  tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Kind of reminds me of the recent cartoon uproar, luckily riots did not break out and nobody died.

ermmm... riots did break out, danish embassies were set alight, etc etc - don't think anyone died though