Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

recharging batteries

Dudes i discovered a awesome important thing last week when i noticed that i had lent away 3 out of 4 of my rechargable batteries to my brother and the recharger needs 2 batteries to start recharging i thought well maybe it just needs two AAA batteries any ones so it can recharge the one battery that is rechargable and then i discovered that the non rechargable battery also worked afterwards with almost full strenght after 5 hour recharging. biggrin_o.gif omg omg its like a scientific break through! any1 else knew this? btw i only tried this with one brand of battery and it was Func. I have one duracell too, gonna try it later on and charge it too. tounge2.gif

Yes, non rechargeable batteries may in fact recharge. However, they may also leak or explode. crazy_o.gif

Thus we have these 'special' rechargeable batteries, which are guaranteed not to provide an impromptu fireworks display inside your home when you connect them to the charger.

But it's your choice whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]

{_obj removeBatteries _x} forEach _batteries

{_obj addBatteries _x} forEach _Batteries

playsound "recharged"

exit;

sorry i'm so odd yay.gifrofl.gif

I've had some leak before. Btw DON'T lick the acid that leaks out....salty! Tastes like goat seamen!

Eww, although you deserve credits for trying anything .. that´s gotta be the most disgusting statement in a long time on these boards crazy_o.gif

(since toadlifes "last watched - granny pr0n" signature to be exact)

Go, battery acid, go! help.giftounge2.gif

I've had some leak before. Btw DON'T lick the acid that leaks out....salty! Tastes like goat seamen!

Eww, although you deserve credits for trying anything .. that´s gotta be the most disgusting statement in a long time on these boards crazy_o.gif

It was actually 80yr old tortise sex.

On the topic of rechargeable batteries, check these babies out...

http://www.usbcell.com/

I'd get some if I had a free USB port... confused_o.gif

WTF are u talking about.... crazy_o.gif

@blackdog~ ...hahah usb batteries...lol i didnt know that thing like this even exist... thx for the info biggrin_o.gif

I wish more devices had powercells that you can recharge from a USB port, my cellphone has one and its pbb the best idea ever. Takes a normal USB cable to recharge it so everyone has one of those around biggrin_o.gif

It was actually 80yr old tortise sex.

http://www.usbcell.com/

I'd get some if I had a free USB port... confused_o.gif

rofl.gif That just reminded me to fix my audiotracker.

Just had this battery topic in chemistry last year... Recharging non-rechargeable batteries is a really bad idea...

There are (as said before) acids in a battery. I won't got into the details because it's boring and I actually don't know all the terms in english, but in each battery there is an acid through which some ions are transportet.

Let's say you've got element A and element B, which are lying in an acid combined with element B. if you connect both via a cable or something, electrons are transportet from A to B. Meanwhile, element B is growing larger, because it finally gets the desired electrons and doesn't have to be coupled with the acid anymore. This means, that the acid is solo now and seeking desperatly for new partners, which can be found at the other side, because element A lost some of it's electrons and the result is a new acid, this time combined with element A.

This process can't go the other way round, so I expect that you loaded the remains of element A with new electrons, which finally can result in a leak of the battery, because element A may fade and so you can get holes in the battery...

regards,

kavo

ps.

I really hope that this explanation was correct, because it was the first usefull thing I've learned in chemistry ^^

slightly worried that we havn't 'heard' from the guy since he uttered:

Quote[/b] ]I have one duracell too, gonna try it later on and charge it too.

Yeah, its dangerous to reload non-reloadable batteries. Use proper reloadable ones. Period.

Only safe way to reload batteries is to get to schnorkel depth and start diesel engines.

Operating devices outside their designed usage can only end in disaster.

Silent n Deadly, 2WL for a spammy/disgusting comment.