Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

Liberation 1941-1945: Patch 1.08

I'm glad to represent here patch 1.08 for Liberation Mod.

New additions:

New island "Zastava" with ww2 era soviet buildings pack

Several new missions and mini-campaigns

New units added:

-soviet 45mm movable gun

-soviet 76mm movable regimental gun (also in camo variant)

-soviet heavy tank KV1s

-soviet machine-gun DT

-soviet 76mm regimental gun

-german 81mm mortar - fully animated,indirect fire supported

New features:

- demountable MGs on armoured cars

- animated tank's repair

- lots of new animations added

And of course a lot of minor bugs fixed.  

Also there's an additional pack of 3rd party addons compitable with libmod. Note that this addons are not neded for the mod itself , but they are widely used in campagns released by the moment by our fans. you can find a bunch of this camps in this pack.

Units list:

JMG Stuka - Scanger

Messerschmitt Me-109 - Trenchfeet

DB3 and I16 - FDFMOD

U Boat 99 - unknown

TCP_TestDog - teaCup

Islands:

Bear Lahta - Sour

Don  steppe - Crazy soldier [GSS]

Objects:

FML objects - Farmland Mod

BRG Nature Packs - Berghoff

Russian biuldings - WWIIImod

There's one important issue: if you play on cadet  - switch off "Extended armor" in the difficulty options menu (look at the screenshot if you can't find it). In other way you'll get problems with the mod playbility. If you are playing veteran mode - there's nothing to worry about.

Screenshots;

01 02

03 04

05 06

07 08

This is the last major patch for Liberation mod. We will continue our work for Arma - wait for the news to show up wink_o.gif

Download link

Liberation Mod patch 1.08

Compatible addons pack

Great to see this..I`ll take some time to play with the

Lib.-mod again thumbs-up.gif

Lets hope my OFP still works, I didn`t play with it since the Tjech/German release of ArmA whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]What previous versions of this mod are needed ?

1.0 -> 1.07 ->1.08

AFAIK you can skip 1.01

All patches are available at ofp.info

Many thanks - bolshoye spasibo, BDFY & LibMod Team.

Nice to see people still do something for Flashpoint. Congrat's on the release! Now can someone post mirrors please. I know I'm not the only one who has trouble downloading from OFP.info.

How I can switch basic animations from libmod to the ones that Sanctuary made. I appreciate your work guys but I dont like some of the animations from latest patch.

There is no visible Anim.pbo (only anims.pbo app. 90Kb). Any suggestions how to do this trick. Thanks in advance.

not possible i guess. You have to dig through all the configs and replace "moves" with ones you like. But at least ptr will become completely unusable. You can try but i'm pessimistic about the results.

notworthy.gif great job, happy to hear you continue your great work in arma. The island looks great, the church is a beauty, all houses enterable and with proper buildingpos inlove.gif

Is there a new read me? i didnt found one. Main thing is that some information about the mortar would be appreciated. Is it possible to be spotter without being Teamleader?

Is there a possible to use a mortar barrage with a command.

Hope you can give some information on this.

thx again to u and all the ppl making this possible

Quote[/b] ]Is there a new read me?

only russian one sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is it possible to be spotter without being Teamleader?

no. i did not provide such an option. But note that units sees all the units that the whole team has spotted (OFP ai feature:)). So you can spot targets and ai leader will see (and thus order to attack ) them too.

Quote[/b] ]Is there a possible to use a mortar barrage with a command.

depending on your task... what's your goal ?

Quote[/b] ]Hope you can give some information on this.

basically team leader is always a spotter. If ai unit is in charge - nearest suitable target in range (up to 2400m) will be attacked. If player is a leader then you can define targets juss ckicking on the map. selecting marker type (use arrow keys ) you change fire modes (single, volley, rapid fire)

That's good to know, I was wondering how to get them to fire more than a single salvo at a target.

Unfortunately you've still got some minor bugs. Nothing that makes it unplayable, just things that need a little fiddling.

The 81mm Mortar Battery under Groups>Axis>Armour is a little strange. If you place it on the map and then attempt to edit the unit leader or any of the mortars to set yourself as a gunner, loader, or the battery commander, the game seems to think you're on Side Allied, and it won't let you do that. But if you custom-place the battery, placing the battery commander and the individual mortars, then grouping it all together through click-and-drag, it works fine.

The machinegunner still outpaces the rest of the squad, he runs too fast. If he ran at the same speed as the riflemen in the squad there'd be no problem.

Good to see you fixed the ammo problems with all tanks, now the machinegun doesn't magically reload. The movable guns are a nice touch as well, it's a shame we won't be seeing heavier stuff like ZiS-2 76.2mm gun and soforth. Overall, nice piece of work, many thanks.

Edit:

- Forgot a bug in which you spell "goggles" correctly on some units but incorrectly ("Googles") on other units. Also, no Russian motorcycle that I've noticed yet, maybe I'm just missing it, but I'm pretty sure I saw some dispatch riders for the Soviets.

Edit II:

- Also, antitank guns and the like often display as "Jeep with Machinegun." Stringtable error, or a nessecity due to new coding being forced to work with the OFP engine?

If this mod were a woman, I'd never stop making love to her. inlove.gif

Easily the best mod for OFP, in fact I just re-installed OFP for this mod alone! biggrin_o.gif

Professionalism - 10,000,000,000/10

Gameplay - 10,000,000,000/10

Gfx - 10,000,000,000/10

Missions - 10,000,000,000/10

Overall - Too much to fit here/10 thumbs-up.gif

yeah, the best mod ever made for ofp. it's just wondeful. the anims are excellent, i like to see the soviet crews out of their tanks with their tools (amazing ) thumbs-up.gif

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

im a big fan off this mod , i think however you need to beef up the sound guns get really quiet and a cannon has almost no sound firing at 50 meters!

A gun going off is a pretty big deal and can often be heard for a few miles not a few 100 meters!

thx bdfy, thats enough info on the mortars. i started playing your campaign and could see how nice the mortars did their job. i had my doubt that they would attack without player as teammember, but everything is perfect. thank you libmod team!!!

notworthy.gif

1 very slight problem with the mod is "rifle" being spelled "riffle", like in "Mosin's riffle" but I don't care that much. It'd be nice if you could fix it, but I'm not fussed. smile_o.gif

EDIT: Oh, and one other thing that is pretty important, could you tone down the "shellshock" whistle? By a lot? Because right now it's so high pitched and loud that it hurts. Thank you! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]think however you need to beef up the sound guns
Quote[/b] ] "shellshock" whistle? By a lot? Because right now it's so high pitched and loud that it hurts.

OFP souund engine can be very buggy. it's too hard to define sound levels to satisfy everybody. Believe me, we did our best. I recommend you to try twick sound levels on your own and let us know if there're good results.

I like it as it is, more or less perfect (Well at least as perfect as any mod has managed so far)

finally i prefer with the BIS voices, is it possible to add them again?

i don't know. anyway it won't be simple wink_o.gif

Very Good enhancement, especially the mortar squad!

The only disappointing thing is that the U-99 submarine's gun can't fire...