Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules

Ok no problem, my bad then.

Quote[/b] ]If you have a problem with the wiki feel free to PM me, the Ask A mod thread is more suited for forum questions.

Hoz

Actually I thought about where or whome to ask before posting here, but I simply didn´t come up with something relevant when searching the Biki for a primary contact or such.

Will keep that in mind from now on though. thumbs-up.gif

Actually I thought about where or whome to ask before posting here, but I simply didn´t come up with something relevant when searching the Biki for a primary contact or such.

That's exactly what the talk pages on the Wiki are for.

That's where Planck posted his reasoning for removing the links, and that's where you should've replied to them.

Sorry, I´m pretty new to all that Wiki stuff and I didn´t know about that.

In fact I even didn´t think about clicking on that "discussion" link before. I searched for "rules", "primary contact" and such and didn´t come up with something usefull. that´s why I posted here.

I know this has to sound silly for people who regularely work with a Wiki like that, but for me the BIS wiki is the first that I actually do more with than just searching for something.

Apart from that, I´m old old.gifwink_o.gif

I have sent a PM to a few mods and after 2 months, they still havent read it... what should i do?

Thanks

Re-send and ask if they can get back to you about whatever the PM contained?

Uh a while ago there was a picture/video/media/whatever thread created by some moderator on these forums, but I just can't seem to find it, where is it?

Forum seems very unstable today. Icons missing, threads won't open if I open more then 2 at the same time and the whole forum is slow to load from page to page.

I don't have these effects on other websites confused_o.gif

Sasyboy recently posted THREE images over the 100kb image limit and gets no warning levels. I posted 2 images over 100kb (one by 2kb and another by 18kb I think) and I got +2WL from Raedor. Mine was a complete accident and down to Photoshop's JPEG exportation plugin being crap and giving false file-size estimates.

Now, I'm not trying to get SasyBoy any warning levels, merely trying to understand how two similar incidents get two vastly different "punishments". I'm just curious as to how the standards of punishment are decided, I assume its on a mod by mod basis, and it would seem I caught Raedor on an off day.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the two images you posted over 100kb were in fact two halves of a split image to circumvent the 100kb image rule? We tend to overlook split images and don't rigidly rule them as "ignoring a moderator's instruction" to give you guys that little bit of freedom of image quality, but to post a split image and to make both parts of it >100kb is just taking the piss IMO and whilst on paper the 2WL you got was harsh I think it was completely justified on this occasion because of the circumstances, if you'd posted two separate images slightly over 100kb you would probably just have received a verbal warning.

Eh....

Are instances where 'KOREAN LOVES ARMA' thread times infinite, common nowadays?

What's the go?

Riiiight, well bye bye now spambot troll tosser......

Hey placebo and mods 2 questions today.

I sent you a PM Placebo from a long time, and you didn't reply and didn't do anything ?.

Question in the Messenger, What happend if i delete the PMs in the "Sent Items" folder ?.

Only PM I have from you is one asking me to delete two old threads?

Sent Item PM's are there purely for you to have a record as to what you sent, nothing happens if you delete them.

Only PM I have from you is one asking me to delete two old threads?

Sent Item PM's are there purely for you to have a record as to what you sent, nothing happens if you delete them.

Yes, can you please delete this topics?.

I have a question regarding the now locked Germany 1985 thread.

What would be the preferred method of enquiring about the status of this mod, and having allowing the status of the mod to be publicly available? Starting a new thread to ask my question? Sending a PM, then starting a new thread? It seems to me that starting multiple threads on the exact same topic is worse than digging up history.

G1985 is (was?) one of the the largest community projects announced, I'm sure some other members of these boards would be interested. I suggest that the fact that nothing has been heard from such a large mod team in ~9 months is a valid topic for discussion - it's not quite the same as another one of the weekly "info about the next patch" threads.

I have a question regarding the now locked Germany 1985 thread.

What would be the preferred method of enquiring about the status of this mod, and having allowing the status of the mod to be publicly available? Starting a new thread to ask my question? Sending a PM, then starting a new thread? It seems to me that starting multiple threads on the exact same topic is worse than digging up history.

G1985 is (was?) one of the the largest community projects announced, I'm sure some other members of these boards would be interested. I suggest that the fact that nothing has been heard from such a large mod team in ~9 months is a valid topic for discussion

Well, from a logical point of view, a project that hasn't been heard from at all in more than 6 months can be considered dead. As for asking for news, I can only say what I prefer to say in such instances: "We will post news when there is news". When there is no news, there is very little point to ask about it, since you can pretty much guess the answer (if any of the people originally working on that project are even still active at that point).

However slow/stealthy a mod works, not a single tiny bit of information getting out in such a long time is not a good sign.

an undisclosed source told me today that G85 will never be released, unless sniper_skull and blackdog are unbanned.

an undisclosed source told me today that G85 will never be released, unless sniper_skull and blackdog are unbanned.

And what has this has to do with this thread?

After the recent incidents and misbehaviour of both sniper_skull and blackdog I see no reason why they should be unbanned any time soon - no matter what talented addonmakers they may be. They both crossed the red line more then once and at a certain point reached enough is enough hence they were banned, case closed.

After the recent incidents and misbehaviour of both sniper_skull and blackdog I see no reason why they should be unbanned any time soon - no matter what talented addonmakers they may be. They both crossed the red line more then once and at a certain point reached enough is enough hence they were banned, case closed.

this post was refering to the two posts regarding the G85 topic above.

but btw are we even talking about the same people?

this post was refering to the two posts regarding the G85 topic above.

I know but still, the G85 Mod has nothing to do with this thread called "Ask a moderator about the forum and the rules" wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but btw are we even talking about the same people?

Yes