Sign in to follow this  
AgentJonathan

Arma for XBOX 360?

Just look it up on the Wiki ?

Quote[/b] ]

Will there be an XBOX 360 port?

It's not planned. There definitely won't be a port in the near future.

Playing ArmA with a max of 16 people just doesnt cut it for me and is the reason i wont spend $60 on the newer next gen console games.

Well, i prefer playing a well designed coop mission with 1 to 5 good friends versus AI (in fact, that's what i did all the time in Elite) than running around with dozens of cheating Rambo noobs.

In fact, if ArmA/360 would become reality the coop with a select few friends would be my top fav. With SP coming in 2nd.

Quote[/b] ]Eurogamer: Now the PC version is done, are you considering porting it to next-gen consoles? PS3, 360 or both?

Marek Spanel: 360 is quite interesting platform for us but a direct port is not very likely. Still, we're interested in trying this platform soon to evaluate what to possibly do for it.

source (Eurogamer)

Well, I would rather want ArmA on wii. Those controls could make a big difference.

Well, I would rather want ArmA on wii. Those controls could make a big difference.

Maybe more immesion.. but it wouldnt work with the wealth of controls required...

Plus the Wii wont be up to standard...

Hmm, ppl brave enough to start a 360 thread are reverted to this thread. Which, by seeing the date of post before this one, is obviously dying.

The whole ArmA/360 thing has lost momentum (talking/posting wise i mean). At least it lost momentum for me, and i count myself as one of the most eager gamers to see this thing happening on 360.

The momentum thing was THE reason why Elite failed on xbox. As a game it worked surprisingly well, but releasedate in nov 2005 (=launch 360! and Elite not being bc) killed the Elite experience.

To keep gamers interested BIS should say things like 'We're stil thinking about a possible 360 version' ... but not a single reference is made. That seen, i guess a 360 version is out of the picture. And even if BIS/publisher started to consider (and speak) about a 360 version, it would be nearly 2009 to see any of it on 360. Even for a very eager and patient gamer like me that would be a bit 'too much'.

So i'm stuck with a semi upgraded pc and a pc version of ArmA which i don't like control wise and which i can't play together with my XBL friends.

The ArmA/360 idea is dying, and so is my interest in the whole game:(

I'd just like it fixed and optimized for the PC... and then they work on Game2.... Unless they quadruple their teamsize.

I'd just like it fixed and optimized for the PC... and then they work on Game2.... Unless they quadruple their teamsize.

To be honest BIh should go beg some money of MS and make it an xbox 360 console exclusive and port arma.

Oblivion runs well on the 360 about the same a dual amd and a 7800 card. So if if you turn off aa and turn down details to normal and Vd to 2 km ARMA should run ok.

The downside is the way it loads, ARMA would have to install on the 360 harddrive but now theres a 120 HD on the xbox this isn't the problem it once was.

Oblivion

Lost Planet

Dead Rising

Rainbow 6

PGR3

Gears of War

Graw 1 and 2

Are all excellent 360 games, and play at high res with nice eye candy.

Hmm, ppl brave enough to start a 360 thread are reverted to this thread. Which, by seeing the date of post before this one, is obviously dying.

The whole ArmA/360 thing has lost momentum (talking/posting wise i mean). At least it lost momentum for me, and i count myself as one of the most eager gamers to see this thing happening on 360.

The momentum thing was THE reason why Elite failed on xbox. As a game it worked surprisingly well, but releasedate in nov 2005 (=launch 360! and Elite not being bc) killed the Elite experience.

To keep gamers interested BIS should say things like 'We're stil thinking about a possible 360 version' ... but not a single reference is made. That seen, i guess a 360 version is out of the  picture. And even if BIS/publisher started to consider (and speak) about a 360 version, it would be nearly 2009 to see any of it on 360. Even for a very eager and patient gamer like me that would be a bit 'too much'.

So i'm stuck with a semi upgraded pc and a pc version of ArmA which i don't like control wise and which i can't play together with my XBL friends.

The ArmA/360 idea is dying, and so is my interest in the whole game:(

6 months of nothing now all im going to say is "F*CK! ,injustice" though the sad fact is im actually upgrading withing a few months with a rig that wont have a prob with arma but im scared, scared of going back to pc - If the 360 is a colourful MP experience the PC is grey text based tedium - i guess Ill have to get back into the mindset of that, leave my FRIENDS behind and revert to personalitiless AQAINTENCES. psh.

No need to go so negative Adam.

I still have high hopes for a 360 port. Its a missed opportunity if they don't make a port this is the game the 360 needs.  Not many people I know have super computers run the latest games (myself included even though I'll still buy Armed Assault when its release in the states).  More have 360’s since they don’t require any thought to run just put in dvd and play.

It would be nice to know if anything is going on in this department.

Well the 360 controller is already supported in ArmA, a lot of poeple use it for helicopter piloting i believe.

So thats part of the way there,

also if it DOES go to 360 i would probably be right in assuming it would be a direct port, as Game2 is in development and they wouldnt build a poseidon 1.9 engine or whatever.

But the fact that they are developing Game 2 might mean they wont bother with porting ArmA at all and will simply make 360 owners wait out until Game2 and then make an 'elite' version of that for the 360.

But the fact that they are developing Game 2 might mean they wont bother with porting ArmA at all and will simply make 360 owners wait out until Game2 and then make an 'elite' version of that for the 360.

And stick around till 2010 or something? No thanks.

Why not say the OBVIOUS like, we make it for pc first, then a 360 version (like the blackfootstudio game and many others). Gamers then know what to wait for.

But in the case of ArmA and Game2 we (360 gamers) know nothing. So, instead of HOPING for a 360 release, i'd now rather don't expect, think and advertise about ArmA/360 and/or Game2/360.

I did this for 1,5 years now, like 'ArmA is a fab game' ... well my XBL friends ask the simplest of question ... "When does it come to 360 then?'

They would buy it! But atm it is just a big no-no even to dare to open another thread on the subject (and thus expressing once interest). Well, as said, my patience has run out ... i will post now and then but without any further expectation that is:(

I had to use the search for the 'forbidden' word 360 ...

... as this is the only thread allowed for discussing a possible 360 version, and seeing the last post is in fact my previous post dated april 15 (so 2.5 months ago) i must conclude the 360 version is 'silenced' by BIS and 'killed' by the community.

Nobody dares to utter the 'console' word here anymore. It is a shame.

Well, my only pc game ArmA is collecting dust due to this frustrating and time-consuming stuff like pathches/tweaks/drivers/bugs/activationcodes etc.

But you know, i'm still enjoying (console)games. While Vegas is on the shelve and GRAW2 was a miserable failure, i DO play PES6 to death (btw i made an ok gameplay pes movie, at least the music is good:) and have this rather simmy racer called Forza Motorsport 2 ... with a lot of stunning titles coming up (Bioshock, AC6, COD4:MW, MassEffect, GTA4, etc ...) i don't feel the slightest intention to go back to pc gaming.

I still would welcome ArmA/360 (if BIS can stabilize the game that is) but my enthousiasm for the game has fallen very sharply.

I think it is a missed oportunity (with the knowledge Elite was such a jewel) ... but one look at this forum makes clear that ArmA/360 is not in the works by BIS, not wanted by the community and very far from console-quality anyway (remembering OFP was on 1.93 and Elite was version 2.85 iirc)

So see this post as a *bump* (bring up my post;)

Cheers,

Max Qubit

It's possible, if you unpack some of the game files theres already a lot of data in place to support the xbox.  I wouldn't be surprised if BIS are working on it but are keeping it quiet.

I highly doubt that.

OFP came out in 2001 and was a huge success. Its sequal comes out nearly 6 years later (and still isn't finished) when most people have forgotten about OFP. I believe they underestimated the time they thought it would take to port the game over to the XBox and it cost them. If Arma had come out in 2004 how big would it have been?

Their plan is to now make Game 2 a phenomenon for the PC and maybe for the next gen XBox(1440).

--Ben

You can plug a keyboard/mouse into a ps3 which works fine and im sure you could a xbox360, so why couldnt it happen?