Sign in to follow this  
outrurmind

Version compatability

I havent seen a single post or news Item on this topic. I am from the United States and purchased the German version so I could play the game. I patched it too english. Now the UK version is coming out with new content. What will I have too do. Will there be a patch for all versions making them all the same as far as content? Will the English version be compatible with the others online? Will we all be forced too purchase another copy?  banghead.gif   banghead.gif Ok its not the language issue its the content like new aircraft will every version be the same. Sales pitch says UK version too have exclusive content. Which too me means everyone wont have access too new vehicles and other content.

online compatible yes, language switching I don't know exactly but it would seem as if the new version has a language option so I'd be optimistic.

Just order the UK version xmas_o.gif Problem solved.

It doesn't cost that much anyway.

Just order the UK version   xmas_o.gif   Problem solved.  

It doesn't cost that much anyway.

errm - i would wait doing that until you know the truth about

it.

About compatibility: this question seems to me was never

a question between Czech and German version, so why it

should be one now. wink_o.gif

About the language all i can say is:

If there's not an option to switch your german version into

an english one i'd say bad luck - that's the game - if you

can't wait and want buy another language version it's your

decision.

Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to make a fool out of you

by that and i understand that it's different having to wait

a few months from having to wait maybe a few days but

in general it's the same.

Well - let's hope for you native english speakers that there

will be an option to do so - if not there will still be the ArmA

into english patch since you're not the only one who doesn't

want to pay twice.

Also BI would do good enabling this as a feature to reduce

the probability of people finding other ways not having payed

twice. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

I assumed all the new content would also be avalible with a patch.

I'll go one step further and say: i'm very sure about that. wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

Jeez.

Do you honestly think BIS would rip this game into by seperating the community? No. They will release a Czech and German patch bringing us back to speed with the UK version.

Read on ArmA.si web site, in Maruk's interview :

ArmA.si: Can you tell us more about what would next patches bring to players? What are you focusing on?

Maruk: There´s very large list of improvements we´re working on and that will be not only part of imminent European and Australian release of ArmA but also be available to the existing ArmA user base in form of the upcoming patch.

To further bolster the appeal and playability of this unique war simulation, the game’s developer - Bohemia Interactive - will release a new game patch for the German and Eastern European versions before the end of February. The patch ensures an internationally unified playing environment for all users.

- Bluesnews

Which means a couple of week of unsynchronised versions between 505 and Ger/eastern versions? Awwww sad_o.gif

Which means a couple of week of unsynchronised versions between 505 and Ger/eastern versions? Awwww sad_o.gif

No, it doesn't mean that.

Edit: OK, if you want to be very pessimistic, it means that smile_o.gif. But if the news are right, it will be no more than two weeks.

if the 505 version comes out fully patched, then why would we have to wait for the patch? if anything, the patch should be made available before the 505 release.

BIS fucked up the release of ArmA from the start, what makes you think they are going to do any better with the 505 release  tounge2.gif

I would not be surprised if there is a 2 - 3 weeks difference between 505's release and the German/Czech getting updated.

I just hope that BIS learn from these mistakes that they can not afford to release sub-standard programs coupled with very small distributors, it makes the whole thing look and feel very unprofessional like you would expect from a new developing company trying to get their product into the gaming world for the first time, not from someone who has already had a successful major release and 5 years to mature and grow.

I really do feel that this balls up has harmed ArmA and BIS's reputation, hopefully only for the short term, but if 1.5 does not show major improvements over 1.2 I think they are going to be on a loss making exercise, a harsh way to learn a lesson.

BIS fucked up the release of ArmA from the start, what makes you think they are going to do any better with the 505 release  tounge2.gif

I would not be surprised if there is a 2 - 3 weeks difference between 505's release and the German/Czech getting updated.

I just hope that BIS learn from these mistakes that they can not afford to release sub-standard programs coupled with very small distributors, it makes the whole thing look and feel very unprofessional like you would expect from a new developing company trying to get their product into the gaming world for the first time, not from someone who has already had a successful major release and 5 years to mature and grow.

I really do feel that this balls up has harmed ArmA and BIS's reputation, hopefully only for the short term, but if 1.5 does not show major improvements over 1.2 I think they are going to be on a loss making exercise, a harsh way to learn a lesson.

Their doing just fine for me, Complain Less, Play more smile_o.gif

No, it doesn't mean that.

Edit: OK, if you want to be very pessimistic, it means that smile_o.gif. But if the news are right, it will be no more than two weeks.

Always be pessismistic. That spare you much much much deceptions and angriness, typically seen a few posts above wink_o.gif Leading to exagerations, and such....