Sign in to follow this  
cavry

Game runs smooth at all settings max, 1600x1200

Carvy, get those pics under 100kb or an admin might warn you :P.

Your system has one of the best video card out there and one of the best CPU.  

Maybe thats why you don't have problems, ever thought of that?

I cant see that because im struggling with a quad core QX6700 & 8800GTX , all my parts are top end but still have terrible FPS problems.

I have only got it reasonable running 3000 view distance with HIGH settings, one tip someone gave elsewhere when I was enquiring about more performance was that I should reduce to multi-sampling in the drivers, that did indeed get rid of the lag I was experiencing when near tree's and bushes.

Yes AA appears to be hard on even a top end systembut FWIW I think a fair amount of this has to do with the Nvidia Drivers for the 8800GTX and the 680i motherboard im running.

Your system has one of the best video card out there and one of the best CPU.  

Maybe thats why you don't have problems, ever thought of that?

I cant see that because im struggling with a quad core QX6700 & 8800GTX , all my parts are top end but still have terrible FPS problems.

I have only got it reasonable running 3000 view distance with HIGH settings, one tip someone gave elsewhere when I was enquiring about more performance was that I should reduce to multi-sampling in the drivers, that did indeed get rid of the lag I was experiencing when near tree's and bushes.

Yes AA appears to be hard on even a top end systembut FWIW I think a fair amount of this has to do with the Nvidia Drivers for the 8800GTX and the 680i motherboard im running.

or maybe your quad core isnt being used they way it should.

last i checked, ArmA doesnt fully support multi-cores in any way that it would make it worth the money in getting a quad.

or maybe your quad core isnt being used they way it should.

last i checked, ArmA doesnt fully support multi-cores in any way that it would make it worth the money in getting a quad.

Well maybe ArmA isn't the sole purpose of the PC icon_rolleyes.gif . And there are other game out there, more games in future will make use of multi-core CPUs. Current graphics card drivers are multi-threaded.

Believe me, you don't need AA on 1600x1200.

Your screenshots show otherwise.

And no offense to you, but sub-40 fps screenshots, especially screenshots of not much detail/action... Such as the one where you're staring into horribly low detailed 2 dimensional leaves on a tree, is not what I would call good performance. ESPECIALLY on a $600 video card and 3.2 ghz processor.

Let's just face it, the games graphics rendering efficiency is not good. I can cut them some slack considering the size of the landscape, but it's not like the whole entire island is being rendered at once, it's supposed to be streamlined as they advertised it.