Sign in to follow this  
Kendo J

DYNAMIC RM commandos (is here)

Immediate action (Dynamic RM commandos) by Kendo

A dynamic mission/campaign on a fictional Persian Gulf country

Mission updated 19/02/07 This is the last update before the final release.

Ofp 1.96

The addons I have used are

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/DMA_LIBYA.rar

DMA Lybia map

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/DMA-LIBYA_addons_needed.rar

+ the addons needed

ALL Project UKF addons

http://www.pukf.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat1

Black blood UK desert troops

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8632

Generic middleeast rebles

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=8833

Both these helo addons

Afrographix RAF chinook

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/AFR_CH-47_1.00.rar

AND

The Achitect's

PUMA and Gazelle pack

ftp://www.ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/pumagazellepack.zip )

and of course JAM3!

--------

Features include...

-DMA randomised missions + all DMA support and free missions

-New radio messeges, briefings and orders for DMA missions

-Extra real life senario missions

-AI support and tactical movement during battle

-AI use radio sidechats to call support

-All callsigns listed for identification of AI units when

requesting support

-Helo taxi from base to sf base

-Helo dust

-UK sa80, LMG weapons set from base armoury

-Diemaco SF weapons set from SF armoury

-detailed breifing section

-MANY HOURS OF GAMEPLAY!

Here is some images for you

newanimsdefend.jpg

2nd platoon at the first hidden objective

nightpatrol.jpg

Night Patrol

newanimssniper.jpg

The Accuracy International L96A1

here is the mission

http://operation-trident.net/xmb....pid=672

also recommended (but not needed) is the DMA next gen animations

http://files.filefront.com/DMAanimNG2rar/;4105491;;/fileinfo.html

My report after some testing...

Bugs and fixes

1. A Heli pad appears when you insert in mission... (fixed)

2. errors with the SA80_UGL and JAM_M433belt (fixed)

3. helo taxi has an odd affect when landing and flickers the action bar... ? ... working on it this is a script error... (fixed I think?)

4. after saving at the ammo crate in 1st hidden objective (supporting 2nd platoon) some actions are lost from action bar (unsure if it is fixed)

5. Rearming your squad at the armourer neglected the LAW launcher and replaced his weapons with a riflemans. If you had a diemaco weapon and went to Zulu base for rearming nothing would happen, GPMG also added to script. (fixed)

6. If you reinforced your squad at SF base they would spawn at Zulu base (fixed)

7. extraction avaliable after 2nd hidden mission, you will see why it is not needed after the 1st!

8.all diemaco guns are now desert versions, SAS and SF base have sigs not brownings!

9.If you decide to go out on a land patrol for the hell of it you will encounter enemy in many towns and other sites, this is if you get bored there will always be something to shoot at!

Hope you all enjoy...

final version will be ready when I have had some feedback on bugs, and anything else.

regards

Kendo

Just one or two little bugs to sort out before final version is ready

the one I need to sort soon is when you use the rearm squad script at the armourer you will loose your binoculars. SO put them on the ground then use rearm squad.

You cannot use ladders in this mission because of the dynamic mission scripts messing about with your action bar. to fix this i need to get in touch with DMA.

other fixes are just little aesthetic ones

Kendo

sounds great! good job.

Im going to try this one tonight, ill post my feedback later.

I noticed whilst using the chinook to get to the SF camp, just before it landed, I was killed and thrown out of the chopper in mid air somehow. Not quite sure what happened there.

Also, when at the SF base, and requesting a pick up via chinook to the other base, the chinook turned its engines of mid-landing, hit the ground at quite a speed, and exploded.

Other than those, I havn't found any problems yet thumbs-up.gif

The mission is updated as of 14/02/07

OK the base taxi has been fixed and most other bugs.

I deleted the original Base taxi script and started from scratch using the DMA insertion scripts as a base.

kendo

Bugs and fixes 14/02/07

1. A Heli pad appears when you insert in mission... (fixed)

2. errors with the SA80_UGL and JAM_M433belt (fixed)

3. helo taxi has an odd affect when landing and flickers the action bar... ? ... working on it this is a script error... (fixed Changed the taxi method completely)

4. after saving at the ammo crate in 1st hidden objective (supporting 2nd platoon) some actions are lost from action bar (this is to do with the DMA dynamic template, as far as i know unfixable)

5. Rearming your squad at the armourer neglected the LAW launcher and replaced his weapons with a riflemans. If you had a diemaco weapon and went to Zulu base for rearming nothing would happen, GPMG also added to script, you also lost your binoculars. (fixed)

6. If you reinforced your squad at SF base they would spawn at Zulu base (fixed)

7. extraction avaliable after 2nd hidden mission, you will see why it is not needed after the 1st!

8.all diemaco guns are now desert versions, SAS and SF base have sigs not brownings!

9.If you decide to go out on a land patrol for the hell of it you will encounter enemy in many towns and other sites, this is if you get bored there will always be something to shoot at! (added even more)

10.3rd hidden objective added.

I've tried your mission and got the following problems:

When I start the mission I get the error <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">no entry config.bin/cfgvehicles.BLB-DSAS3_HSHEM

The other problem is that I dont have the options to choose for support options during missions. I can only ask for the current mission status and for extraction (when I've finished my mission).

I get lots of lag in the oilfields after staying there for a while. (Framerate of 1 to 10 while i've got an AMD athlon x2 3800+, 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia 6800GS), but thats probably the fault of the mapmaker who made that map.

The rest of the mission is great. I really liked the first hidden objective.

King NL,

I have no idea why you get the error for no entry config.bin/cfgvehicles.BLB-DSAS3_HSHEM that to me looks like a BlackBlood sas unit that is already placed on the map. Others I know who have played the mission don't get this error.

Also the lag at the oil fields I don't understand, pehaps you don't have all the addons needed for the map? I run a 2.5 ghz P4 with only a 64 graphics card with 512mb ram I have no lag at all on medium settings.

The reason you don't have any other support options is because you need to earn value points duing the free missions you get at the SAS base. The more value points the more support options!

------------

Now for my own analysis.

Bugs that need to be fixed this weekend

1.) When completeing the Free battle mission you are extracted to camp Zulu (Normal base). You then need to fly to Camp lima (SAS base) via the base taxi to complete the mission.

I will add a bit to the scripting so you are extracted to Camp Lima (SAS base)

2.) The hidden objectives when completed don't tick off on your objectives list! this is easy to fix. also to end them sometimes it is a case of the last loon hunt. It will be slightly easier to finnish these objectives e.g. no last loon hunt!

3.) Sometimes the AI support script doesn't work becuase the Ai_assign.sqs is activated before the units are spawned so the group cannot call support or move more tactically.

this is a real pain in the arse becuase in the second and third hidden objectives a warrior and helos are on call for the AI units.

Regards

Kendo

hi there smile_o.gif  I was playing this mission for the last couple of hours and found a "critical" bug. I finished two or three missions then I received an immidiate action mission (or something like this) to help 2nd infantry platoon, but when i arrived to action zone , it started to lag, and then an error appeared in the top of the screen: some createunit and {killed} eventhandler error

i couldn't finish the mission, couse there are no enemy to kill  in the city confused_o.gif  i thought maybe if restart the mission this error won't appear, but again affter couple of completed missions i received this mission to support 2nd platoon, and again this error sad_o.gif

Looks interesting...i try out now smile_o.gif

-Mcbean I have no idea why that happened, it doesn't happen for me and no one else has reported it-

Go to the top of this post as i have put the last update before the final version. e.g. this version will be almost exactly the same as the finnished one minus intro and outro's.

Mcbean if the problem still presists I will go back and have a look. It seems to me that the script for spawning the waves of attacks during the first hidden objectives might have a small flaw. but on my PC it works just fine as this is an adaptation of scripts i have been using for years.

Go to the top post as the mission has been updated, and is the final one before I add intros etc... eg. it is pretty much finnished

(19/02/07)

Bugs and fixes

1.) When completeing the Free battle mission you are extracted to camp Zulu (Normal base). You then need to fly to Camp lima (SAS base) via the base taxi to complete the mission.

I will add a bit to the scripting so you are extracted to Camp Lima (SAS base).(FIXED)

2.) The hidden objectives when completed don't tick off on your objectives list! this is easy to fix. also to end them sometimes it is a case of the last loon hunt. It will be slightly easier to finnish these objectives e.g. no last loon hunt! (FIXED)

3.) Sometimes the AI support script doesn't work becuase the Ai_assign.sqs is activated before the units are spawned so the group cannot call support or move more tactically.

this is a real pain in the arse becuase in the second and third hidden objectives a warrior and helos are on call for the AI units. (FIXED)

I have added a few more bells and whistles to this mission, not only have all (I hope) the bugs been fixed but missions will vary alot in difficulty, some will be easy and the enemy will not get a single shot off before you kill them all and sometimes the bullets will be ricocheting all around you and your team!

It's been too quiet at the OFPEC forum, so I decided to post it again here:

Right, sounds terrific and it is truly a mission that a hard core player could be more than pleased with - if I haven't encountered the old, damn "no entry" bug while trying to regain the game status that I had previously saved  - definitely my favourite  >sad_o.gif .

Alright, first things first: I had gotten the mission and the addons put in place, started the game with no difficulty and then went to restoring the peace to the region. Everything was going smoothly with the exception of the frame rate slowing down a bit from time to time – most often I guess when the enemy was about to appear – I think it’s the case of the dynamic mission characteristics … or something. But when it comes to saving the progress I found myself twice up ‘til now unable to recall and load it – each time when I had been through two assignments before … I used the player menu save game option on completing of the mission, but if I closed the mission in progress somewhere in between, my PC was unable to restore the save made via the player in-game menu …

I checked it twice; if I had been only through one mission, I could load the continue.fps file mission status and then load the autosave.fps  file status through the interface option “repeat†which sent me back to the moment when I saved the mission status via the player menu. But if it was after the second mission – first time it was the immediate mission and the other it was a regular D&D mission – and I left the mission without saving it through the in-game menu, I couldn’t get back to the moment where I left – only erase manually the continue.fps file and then return to the former save after the first mission. However, I doubt if it would work if I even saved the mission progress via the player menu after the second assignment – I think I would have to commit a suicide or something after having done so in order to avoid creating a regular continue.fps file and repeating the failure with loading it …

Well, I played a few dynamic missions before and each time I didn’t get far; mostly I didn’t like that type of missions due to certain issues that I am not going to dwell on now, but I can remember that I always checked at the very beginning if I can save the mission status successfully – otherwise what’s the reason to play? … I checked that  - just in case – with regard to your mission which I really liked and had fun playing and got myself confused and irritated – I hate the missions that I cannot complete due to some technical problems. I was truly puzzled with the “no entry†error. I know it happens when you play some massive missions, but I didn’t expect that now. I was wrong. Any ideas? …

BTW, even if I was luckily able to get back to my saved mission status and load it, I was always getting an error message of different types from the interface – error in loading “barracken†something or missing “namnil … “ something, even though I installed all of the addons required very meticulously as I always do so.  Damn!

Right, sounds terrific and it is truly a mission that a hard core player could be more than pleased with - if I haven't encountered the old, damn "no entry" bug while trying to regain the game status that I had previously saved  - definitely my favourite  >sad_o.gif .

Well buggroghs this is the exact reason why all my dynamic mission fail no matter how hard i try to over come it.

There for I have made this http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=58387

go check it out.... it is a dynamic template that is soo much simpler and easiser to play with. because of it being simpler it (fingers crossed) should have no save game problems?

Regards

Kendo

Depending on what you want to save, using SOW saving could overcome the problem. Saving the entire mission state would be impractical (units etc), but saving the key variables would be easy and totally stable. PM me if you're interested.

When I try to run it it says im missing DMA-Libya yet I know I installed it and its addons correctly..

this mission was abandoned due to savegame and lag issues connected to certain scripts.. please play newer missions of mine ... Ta

Kendo