Sign in to follow this  
RN Malboeuf

FSM Editor

I'm glad to represent FSM Editor by Flea.

- Import/export standart FSM files.

- Saving graph's visualisation in custom format

- Fully customizable interface

Syntax Highlight + autocomplite

- no additional software needed

Author hopes that this tool will stimulate AI editing in Arma.

Feedback is welcome. There's no english readme, but controls are very simple and easy to use:

- double left-mouse click to create a state

- ctrl+ left-mouse button to create a link

- Use right mouse button to move the workspace.

- drug states using left mouse button

Screenshots 01 02

download link

FSM Editor 1.0

more info about FSM editing

FSM on biki

It is great it can import .fsm files, but they do not fit the window and I can't move the workspace so I am unable to get to some classes:

fsm.jpg

Use right mouse button to move the workspace.

Also you can drug the states using left mouse button. Also you can open formation.fsm.pfsm - states are arranged there.

As I said controls are evident - just try to preess some common buttons wink_o.gif

So this FSM Edit Utils is going to be to ArmA as what the M4's were to OFP? biggrin_o.gif

Just an .fsm related question: Anyone knows how to enable the debug stuff?

I changed something and i want to know what it exactly does, right now i see that what i did does something (game doesnt crash..), but im not sure if it does what i want to tounge2.gif

No, i ment the

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">if (_debug) then

{

_lifeTime = _timeMax;

drop ["\ca\data\cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 1, _lifeTime, _pos, [0, 0, 0], 0, 1.275, 1, 0, [0.1], [[0, 0, 1, 1]], [0], 0, 0, "", "", ""];

drop ["\ca\data\cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 1, _lifeTime, _targetC, [0, 0, 0], 0, 1.275, 1, 0, [0.1], [[1, 0, 0, 1]], [0], 0, 0, "", "", ""];

drop ["\ca\data\cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 1, _lifeTime, _targetTL, [0, 0, 0], 0, 1.275, 1, 0, [0.1], [[0, 1, 0, 1]], [0], 0, 0, "", "", ""];

drop ["\ca\data\cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 1, _lifeTime, _targetTR, [0, 0, 0], 0, 1.275, 1, 0, [0.1], [[0, 1, 0, 1]], [0], 0, 0, "", "", ""];

drop ["\ca\data\cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 1, _lifeTime, _targetBL, [0, 0, 0], 0, 1.275, 1, 0, [0.1], [[0, 1, 0, 1]], [0], 0, 0, "", "", ""];

drop ["\ca\data\cl_basic", "", "Billboard", 1, _lifeTime, _targetBR, [0, 0, 0], 0, 1.275, 1, 0, [0.1], [[0, 1, 0, 1]], [0], 0, 0, "", "", ""];

_partArray set [6, _up];

_partArray set [12, _blue];

_source setParticleParams _partArray;

_partArray set [6, _neutral];

drop _partArray;

};

Stuff which can be found in the formation.fsm

_debug switcher can be found in the init section wink_o.gif

just tried to activate it.

There are white/blue/green smokes to trace the unit's behavior and moves - but it's no sense to me at the moment.

But looks like FSM is not stopped executing even if unit is dead or switch to player... bad optimization i guess sad_o.gif

good. this can be very interesting. smile_o.gif

but what is needed is a framework. perhaps a collection of common states that can be copied/pasted into place.

and an intro into how to get started (testing in game etc)

that way people will share what they learn and the usefulness will grow.

Excuse me Mr. Flea, but how do you export this into the game and get it working for AI? When I try it gives all sorts of errors.

Excuse me Mr. Flea, but how do you export this into the game and get it working for AI? When I try it gives all sorts of errors.

you have to specify fsmFormation in the config of a unit

New version available:

- visualization and zoom improved

- quicksave added

use download link from the first post.

Added addon for realtime editing/testing fsm w/o restart game

just open unpack rar in addons, start game, open editor, put at map Civilian->FSM_test and open addons/fsm/formation.fsm.pfsm file in FSMEditor. All fsm changes apply in game

link old

*sorry for my english tounge2.gif

sounds like a great addition! thumbs-up.gif

Verry nice stuff could use more info though... & feed back from people who have used it.. can you do some "out of the box" stuff? or is it just small things? is it possible to get AI to USE buildings? when nearby?

Quote[/b] ]is it possible to get AI to USE buildings?when nearby?

yeap