Sign in to follow this  
MP

Just saw the most famous scene...

Any of you remember that film titled "Dr. Strangelove"? Well... Close to the end of this old (black and white) flix the most famous scene in TV history (in my opinion) was aired. The scene at the end where that Pilot guy rode that Nuke like a bucking bronko down to it's target lol. That made my day as I only saw rip off's of it before.

Well I thought it was cool...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP @ Feb. 03 2002,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any of you remember that film titled "Dr. Strangelove"? Well... Close to the end of this old (black and white) flix the most famous scene in TV history (in my opinion) was aired.<span id='postcolor'>

It was a movie way before it was first shown on TV.

Yeeeha-a-a-a-a-h!

strangelove.jpg

I haven't seen it but I believe it's a satirical movie starring Peter Sellers in a number of roles?

... I can still remember that seen...... "no fighting in the war room"... cacks me up everytime i think of it. Peter seles is the man, seles quite a few roles, satire of fictional cold type situation.

LOL Second Draw, I was thinking of that scene and was going to post about it, then I saw your post. You beat me to the punch! biggrin.gif

Was it George C Scott who said that line? "Hey!, you can't fight in here!, this is a war room!"

Funny stuff...

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 03 2002,12:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeeeha-a-a-a-a-h!

strangelove.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

AvonLady, you cease to amaze me wink.gif .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP @ Feb. 04 2002,06:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">AvonLady, you cease to amaze me wink.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

Then, I'll stop trying. tounge.gif

Thats one helluva movie...

Peter Sellers plays 3 characters in this film...and I think it was nominated for several "Oscars" (Academy Awards)...

Its a story about the two superpowers (U.S and Soviet) having a little nuclear war on their hands...created by their idiot state leaders...

Its a classic - U should see it...

its a kinda earley version of the :Airplane: kinda comedy.. I.E. Naked gun.. eetc

indeed one of the best all time classics and peter sellars was fantastic in all his roles ;]]]

Any of you remember that film titled "Dr. Strangelove"? Well... Close to the end of this old (black and white) flix the most famous scene in TV history (in my opinion) was aired. The scene at the end where that Pilot guy rode that Nuke like a bucking bronko down to it's target lol. That made my day as I only saw rip off's of it before.

Well I thought it was cool...

that isnt the most famous scene in TV history i think its the now infamous twin tower sabotage thing

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

When that movie was released, it was said by some US Congressmen that "all the gold in the Soviet Union can't buy better propaganda than this movie." When it came out in 1964, it was very popular with the younger people than with the people who lived through WWII and Korean war, and the 1962 Cuban missle crisis. It was one of the first black comedy movies made, and got Stanley Kubrick being accused of being a communist. One of Kubrick's best movies, imo.

-=Die Alive=-

Its a great film, everyone should see it

that paranoid US officer was the best i think, General Jack D. Ripper:

"Mandrake, do you recall what Clemenceau once said about war? Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No, I don't think I do, sir, no. General Jack D. Ripper: He said war was too important to be left to the generals. When he said that, 50 years ago, he might have been right. But today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

"General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Yes, Jack?

General Jack D. Ripper: Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Well, I can't say I have.

General Jack D. Ripper: Vodka, that's what they drink, isn't it? Never water?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Well, I-I believe that's what they drink, Jack, yes.

General Jack D. Ripper: On no account will a Commie ever drink water, and not without good reason.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Oh, eh, yes. I, hmm, can't quite see what you're getting at, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Water, that's what I'm getting at, water. Mandrake, water is the source of all life. Seven-tenths of this earth's surface is water. Why, do you realize that seventy percent of you is water?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, uh, Good Lord!

General Jack D. Ripper: And as human beings, you and I need fresh, pure water to replenish our precious bodily fluids. Group

Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Yes. (He begins to chuckle nervously)

General Jack D. Ripper: Are you beginning to understand?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Yes. (More laughter)

General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake. Mandrake, have you never wondered why I drink only distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Well, it did occur to me, Jack, yes.

General Jack D. Ripper: Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation. Fluoridation of water?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh? Yes, I-I have heard of that, Jack, yes. Yes.

General Jack D. Ripper: Well, do you know what it is?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No, no I don't know what it is, no.

General Jack D. Ripper: Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face?"

"General Jack D. Ripper: Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Lord, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I-- no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Uh, Jack, Jack, listen, tell me, tell me, Jack. When did you first... become... well, develop this theory?

General Jack D. Ripper: Well, I, uh... I... I... first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence.

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: Hmm.

General Jack D. Ripper: I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women uh... women sense my power and they seek the life essence. I, uh... I do not avoid women, Mandrake. Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: No. General Jack D. Ripper: But I... I do deny them my essence."

HhHHahahaha  it cracks me up even reading it now, but its way funnier when you see it

it does seem to encapsulate a certain kind of distinct American paranoid personality.

essence hehehe.

He sure did love his body fluids LMAO