Sign in to follow this  
AgentJonathan

Another Campaign screw-up

Okay here is the story:

You are mafia, running from the cops. The main char listens in on a corrupt officers conversation, evidently he is second in command of Nogova. He plans on killing the General to take command of Nogova for himself, and he plans to strip the rights on all man who lives on the island. You, Jalbert, need to stop this man, in a discreet way, from finishing his quest.      (Sorry for bad punctuation, and/or spelling. Did not spend much time.)

I am currently making the mission where you make your decision, by either executing your best, and only friend, or turning on the corrupt officers SpetzNatz. The SpetzNatz counts down from 5, and then he kills you. I need to know what to do to make whats left of the count down 'void' if you kill your friend. That's all.

THX IN ADVANCE  xmas_o.gif  yay.gif  smile_o.gif  notworthy.gif

Do you use a script for the countdown?

If so paste it here would be easyer to edit that.

Loose the yay.gif they are bad for concentration biggrin_o.gif

Got to add a condition that checks if your mate is dead after the 5 second coundown and if he is, tells the Spet Naz not to do anything.

Loose the  yay.gif they are bad for concentration  biggrin_o.gif

No no no, I like to watch them. The many the better; if there's many of them in the row(s) and I watching them for a while, I don't need to drink that evening.

Otherwise do as dudes above tells you.

I used triggers (5 to be exact), and they go 54321. And I need to know how to cancel the rest of the countdown once you kill your buddy...

Only reason It matters is cuz the SpetzNatz kills YOU at the end of the countdown. So if you kill your friend the mission's supposed to end, but missions won't end til the text is gone.....

Name those counting triggers. In that End trigger of yours in On Activation field put a commands to delete all those five counting triggers (or the trigger which is relevant) to prevent the Spetz Natz to kill you:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">deleteVehicle triggername5; deleteVehicle triggername4; deleteVehicle ...

I hope this is what you need.  wink_o.gif

This is a major step forward, and I'm more than thankful. Now I need to know how to keep the SpetzNatz from killing me, cuz the 54321 is gone, but him killing me is done in a syncd waypoint.

If you have anymore help, perhaps on deleting waypoints, do tell me please. Thank you karantan, and all those who helped...  smile_o.gif

P.S. : I'll try to find a way on doing it myself too.

Man you're complicating, but I know how it is if you don't 'like' the scripts. It's hard to help directly from and in the Editor you know  wink_o.gif  ...

In every of those counting triggers put in On Activation field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">kill_me = true

and in that waypont in Condition field kill_me intead of true. And you don't need the sync and to erase the counting triggers anymore, so you can remove those deleteVehicle commands now.

Ah thanks dude. Even though the kill_me thing didn't work, the deletevehicle thing did, and that was all I really needed.

So now if you shoot your partner, the SpetzNatz will say, "Ha! you thought I would really Spare you?". Thank you again man, I am really thankful. yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

P.S. : Thanx for knowing that scripting.... sux.

Scripting eg scripts don't 'sux' dude,,,but I do understand that everybody can't be and aren't the 'experts' in scripting (neather am I), so I try to adept to the 'specific' of the problem...  wink_o.gif

Good attitude thumbs-up.gif

It's just like driving, why go through the trouble of learning it when you have two perfectly good legs to walk on? It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm asuming you're trying to be sarcastic there Metal Heart...

You see, I do understand that everybody which do some mission for OFP don't have the time, or the will, or they don't feel the need do dive into the secrets of scripting. And because I do understand this, I'll not offer and confuse sombody with some script, which most probably will not understand. In other words; for that short common path of the 'journey' I will certainly not tried to put him behind the car's wheel if he don't know how to drive, this is not sensible to me, insted of this I'll try to adept and try to walk with him... wink_o.gif

You'll discover the benefits of scripting when you become a good mission maker. You'll look back on this thread and realise how silly your remarks were.

Scripting turns the Flashpoint editor from being something fun you can create little scenarios in, to the fully customisable world that flashpoint really is.

Just about anything is possible in the world of Flashpoint, and this is because of scripts.

You'll see.

Aye ma friend, I be done with ma campain... I only have a little more to fix in the former missions. If anyone want's to get this campaign, someone will hafta tell me how to stick the missions together to make the campaign (Cuz right now their single missions smile_o.gif )...

Yeh I hafta fix it cuz it's not very, much fun or challenging til the last levels, so I'll hafta fix it... smile_o.gif

There's also another mission prob... the Not (Alive KIFV) trigger for end #1 isn't working, so if anyone wants to help, please don't hesitate... tounge2.gif

About your first post; go to OFPEC (http://www.ofpec.com), it's still like down (forum), but the Editors Depot is working, so go there, then click on Tutorials, and in Mission Editing section you'll find 'Campaign Description.ext for Beginners' from Charlie Howarth, it's a very nice tutorial, and there you have all you need to arrange your missions into campaign.

About your second post (it could be just one post you know wink_o.gif ); in general you're giving to little informations about your 'probs', and that's also the case here, so how that we wouldn't hesitate if the info is so obskure ...  wink_o.gif

To reply to the-architect, yes I know that scripting helps when missions are being made, but I cannot figure out how to fit the scripting into the game. So I think it sux right now. tounge2.gif