Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy

Using scripts to open doors in buildings

In a script or trigger, I want to use the animate command to open or close a door. I know this uses the "animate" command. These are the commands I've tried:

myBuilding animate ["Door", 0];

myBuilding animate ["Door", 1];

"myBuilding" is a building object i created via createVehicle command. These commands don't give errors, but they don't do anything.

I think my problem is I don't know the proper name of the Door animation. Where can I find this out? Which object file do I need to DePBO to see what the animations are named for buildings?

Any help would be appreciated.

I found my answer, but it took a little digging:

1. UnPBOed the Buildings PBO file found in the ARMA ADDONS directory.

2. Found the building .p3d file for my building of interest kbud.p3d.

3. Opened the p3d file in a hex editor and looked for intelligible words in there.

4. Saw the word "devere1" and guessed this was czech for door.

5. Confirmed devere is czech for door on a translator website.

So, for the LAND_KBUD type building, the following commands will open and close doors:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

myBuilding animate ["Dvere1", 1];

myBuilding animate ["Dvere1", 0];

1 is for open, 0 is for close.

If we are lucky, they will have consistently used the prefix "Dvere" followed by a number, and this command will work on doors for any building. For those buildings with more than one door, start with 1, and increment til your script opens the door you desire.

If we are lucky, they will have consistently used the prefix "Dvere" followed by a number, and this command will work on doors for any building.  For those buildings with more than one door, start with 1, and increment til your script opens the door you desire.

I believe this is the case, especially since animations can be shared (eg. defined once and used wherever).

What about "fencegates"? I'm thinking of the doors/gates in the fences with barbed wire on the top - like near the big communications mast north east of Eponia. I tried both the dvere and bargate animations, but it didn't seem to work. I used setdamage 1 to check that I got the ids right.

Are these completely static objects or is it possible to open and close them?

Edit:

Tried the same on a 'Bargate' in Corazol - I can destroy it with my radiocommand, but not animate it...

Ok so here is what I have discovered for this great animation. I just used it to close both doors on the church in chernagorsk. So I assuming it will work with any statci object in the game.

Make an objects game logic, then give it a name: Mine is Logic3, so inside the initialization of my game logic I put this:

(position Logic3 nearestObject 969326) animate ["Dvere1", 0];(position Logic3 nearestObject 969326) animate ["Dvere2", 0];

This ended up closing both doors, you just increase the number like johnny boy stated. And the "969326" is the ID number of the building or structure you want to clos or open doors. Works perfect for me, just hit ID's in the Editor find the gates ID and replace it with mine.

Make sure you put the game logic near the object you want to use it with, and you can change the name of the logic if you want to use more than one. Let me know if thise helps.

How do you animate the doors on Khe Sanh? Dvere doesn't seem to work.

Edit: wrong game forum it seems...

• Like 1