Sign in to follow this  
Jblack

Were the units with the ACU vest ever released?

Saw some pics with the guys using ACU vests on the combat photography page, but can't find them in addon mods complete, are there any in the works?

thank you

if you can't find em, they are probably not released icon_rolleyes.gif

probably whistle.gif

Just wait a few month and i'm sure they are released wink_o.gif

I made this one but I think I didn't get a good mix in there...the vest has too much grey.

I also made them 1st Cav units.

ingamevestandpatch0tr.jpgcomparevests0xt.jpg

scubaman3D: Can you upload that uniform or send me a link, please ? (I mean ACU) Thank you. smile_o.gif

scubaman3D: Can you upload that uniform or send me a link, please ? (I mean ACU) Thank you. smile_o.gif

Its not really finished.

1.) The ACU vest only appears on the "Medic" and "Officer" units right now. I need to do the rest.

2.) I don't like the size of the pattern I used and there is too much grey

3. ) and most importantly...I don't know how to make it distributable without over writing the original file in the characters.pbo file.

So all in all, I guess its in pre-Alpha phase right now. smile_o.gif

ARMA%202007-02-12%2022-50-26-61.jpg

ARMA%202007-02-12%2022-50-30-73.jpg

I've made a near complete set of ACU BLUEFOR. I'm trying to get the mod standalone right now using the Marpat addon as a crutch, but running up against a small problem. All my textures are saved in nice, neat layered photoshop files so if you're not keen on something I've done you can easily customize it for yourself.

I've made a near complete set of ACU BLUEFOR. I'm trying to get the mod standalone right now using the Marpat addon as a crutch, but running up against a small problem. All my textures are saved in nice, neat layered photoshop files so if you're not keen on something I've done you can easily customize it for yourself.

What problem are you having? Maybe we can help.

They look great, though. I'd love to try these out.

I have got my mod done working. It has the following 6 units, enough to make a real US lt. infantry squad:

Quote[/b] ]Release 1.0 of standalone 6-unit 4IB mod

This mod can do in your /addons/ folder (or another folder @4IB and be activated with a special shortcut).

This mod adds a new category of men in BLUEFOR called "4IB Men (ACU)". It has in it the following units:

4IB AR

4IB DM (Designated marksman)

4IB Grenadier

4IB RMAT

4IB SQD LDR

4IB Team Leader

All units have load outs specified* by this document: http://lohikaarme.org/4IB%20Weapons%20Load%20Out2.pdf

*SQD LDR's M18 smoke grenades are Red/Green, everyone else White. Binocular given to SQD LDR and Team Leader. NVGoggles given to all units.

Unit is available for download (link removed)

There is one little problem I would like to fix, namely the one referenced in this thread:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=57912

After I get the display names adjusted then I'll give out the link. I'm also going to remove the "4IB" from the names and change their text slightly SQD LDR -> "Squad Leader" and so on.

put the flag on the upper portion of the pocket...

I appreciate your reference to a real us infantry squad, but BIS already has it right.

each fireteam has a team leader, grenadier (team leader usually carries this, either way, m249 gunner, and a rifleman.  If it's a weapons squad team, replace the saw with a bravo (240) and the riflemen are called AG, etc.  weapons squad would also be the ones to have javelin, etc, but seeing as the ones in arma aren't finished, that won't do you any good.

there are really no assigned drivers, except for the platoon leader, and platoon sergeant, and higher.  on the squad and team level, one is the driver, one is the gunner, just whoever.  they never leave the vehicle on mission. the team leader is in the passenger seat on the radio as assistant driver, squad leader in the same place on his vehicle, etc.  there are two dismounts in the back, obviously.

it's too bad one cannot turn tracers off yet due to a bug... squad leaders carry almost ALL tracers, team leaders slightly less.

BIS most certainly did not get it right. If you can decide if the units are US Army or USMC then you can get specific about what's not right about them.

M4 M203 with ACOG for the grenadier? Not likely. Default load of 5 mags for a rifleman? Ahem. No shoulder pockets for ACU? Oversight. No velcro patches on sleeves? Again. I've seen the flag on the upper and lower portion of the pocket in real life photos, I will probably raise it if I go through the textures again, as well as edit the dirt levels/locations a bit.

By the book I do not believe a TL or SL has a M203, which is a convention of USMC squads IIRC. Also the SBCT Stryker platoon most certainly has designated vehicle crewmen.

image592.jpg

P.S. I finished those edits I spoke of in the previous thread. Units are renamed and I fixed the tag to display "Grenadier" as intended (with help).

Download link (27MB)

http://www.squick.org/~frederf/listed2/4IB/4IB_Company_A.pbo

Thanks for the addon. I'll try it out Saturday.

It would be awesome if we could get some of the Stryker variants slated to come out like MGS or SPH.

Our gaming unit (4IB) would LOVE to have all the various Stryker models running around. This is something I would leave to the more pro addon makers I think until I get more experience. As soon as someone makes the models and maps some basic texture templates then I could make a good set of skins in a couple weeks I think.

Anyway, enjoy the mod with only minimal clan mishmash spoiling your fun.

That is interesting, although the square IR patch is hidden under the "flap you see" The flag, if cloth, is generally the colored one, and if subdued, is the IR "shiny" one. I wasn't talking about stryker brigades, i said people aren't assigned positions, IE, humvees.

Take it from an active duty U.S. Army Infantryman, no one will be wearing that flag that's not on the upper portion. If they do, they are flat-out dicked-up.

Just because the FM says it doesn't mean it's actually followed word-for-word. It's a guide, each has it's own SOP's.

the flag should look like this:

*edit*

When does anyone ever go by the FM anyways? TACSOP is a much better guideline (read: guideline) than a FM written several years ago and most likely by someone who has never been in combat.

patchesop7.jpg

*edit*

I took a picture of mine:

combatpatchix5.jpg

Actually you're not, the cav patch is reversed, and is different than the combat one...

and since when do people on SOC wear SFG combat patches?

Actually you're not, the cav patch is reversed, and is different than the combat one...

We supported 10th Group in OIF III, among others, which was my pre-SOC days. It's not difficult to get orders/memos for different RSSI. I'm authorized wear for 3rd ID, 11th ACR, 155th BCT, 35th Sig, SFG,18th airborne corps, and 22nd SIG. It requires a memo written by that unit granting authorization or attachment orders. I usually just wear 18th Corps.

If you notice, not everyone wears the same RSSI as their unit insignia, some of us actually change MACOMS and what-not.Since I've never deployed with USASOC, I wouldn't wear a SOC patch for RSSI, now would I?

Reversed ? Of course it is, because they are on different arm. wink_o.gif