Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

Does your rig meet requirements?

Quote[/b] ]Only one thing I have to add, I used this site before getting Oblivion and it said I didn't even meet the minimum, after some tweaking and the latest drivers I could play Oblivion at max!

Sorry, not read anything but the first post. If that quote is true then something is fundamentally wrong. I've been playing pc games for fifteen years and not once has the minimum requirement been anything but that. Often less, but hey ho they have to sell games. If that site said you don't have the minimum to play and then you bought it and could play on max then you are being misinformed in a big way. Apols if I misunderstood.

Quote[/b] ]Only one thing I have to add, I used this site before getting Oblivion and it said I didn't even meet the minimum, after some tweaking and the latest drivers I could play Oblivion at max!

Sorry, not read anything but the first post. If that quote is true then something is fundamentally wrong. I've been playing pc games for fifteen years and not once has the minimum requirement been anything but that. Often less, but hey ho they have to sell games. If that site said you don't have the minimum to play and then you bought it and could play on max then you are being misinformed in a big way. Apols if I misunderstood.

I must have added, that this was before this site had the CPU rating on it.

Now my cpu get rated @ 2,6 while on the box it says it's a 1,7 GHz mobile CPU... That was one of the things where my notebook didn't meet the recommendations. And the same goes for my mobile GPU, the site has improved much on that part I guess.

But please read more of the comments, you see that some meet recommended requirements who have trouble playing, and there are some with just the minimum and who can play it pretty smoothly, I'm one of them

i passed the minimum and failed the recomended for the graphic card by one bar.

I passed recommended and required. It still runs like butt with EVERYTHING as low as it will go, except blood.

I expected to and was willing to buy a new rig for this though smile_o.gif

That website is obviously pretty far off.

That website is obviously pretty far off.

The website isn't.

Their tests are based on official info.

When official info is wrong, then even website will lie.

That test actualy made me laught (or cry ?):

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1096/hwtest5pe.jpg

As you can see I've passed all tests of minimal requirements. However the game runs terrible.

But it ain't fault of the web page.

It's fault of publisher (or BI ?) telling us false minimals.

BTW: Nice page  wink_o.gif .

Minimum reqs just mean the game runs.. tounge2.gif

I passed the recommended specs and the game runs fine on normal settings, so nothing wrong there  smile_o.gif

(x2 4200+, 1,5gb ram, x1600xt)

Usually not  wink_o.gif .

On most games minimal means that if you set everything on low you won't have any troubles.

But the best thing is, that minimal VGA are FX series. I've got GeForce FX5700 and I've got sometimes terrible lags.

I can't even imagine (or I don't want to  biggrin_o.gif ), how it runs on GeForce FX 5200 (it's FX too, so shouldn't be a problem, that this is office crap, not meant to play today's games)  icon_rolleyes.gif .

But anyway, I'm gonna buy a new rig (soon ?), so I hope that my probs will be solved  smile_o.gif .

terribly on my 5200

i got the minimun though