Sign in to follow this  
paragraphic l

Does your rig meet requirements?

I've seen a lot of topics coming along with the question if they can run this game.

I just found that the site systemrequirementslab.com has added ArmA to their tests.

Only one thing I have to add, I used this site before getting Oblivion and it said I didn't even meet the minimum, after some tweaking and the latest drivers I could play Oblivion at max!

Test your rig here!

PS: I searched the forum and have not yet found a topic with this, and most can I run it topics where closed so sorry if this is the wrong way to post this one.

Quote[/b] ]You Have: 2 processors running - AMD Athlonâ„¢ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
Quote[/b] ]You Have: 2.52 GHz Performance Rated at 6.30 GHz

How does it calculate that 6.30ghz? tounge2.gif

It calculates it to some sort of average.

I have a mobile CPU at 1.78 GHz but I can play ArmA pretty good, it's rated at 2.6 GHz or something like that

It's all easier to compare between the different CPU types

"You Have: 2.06 GHz Performance Rated at 5.70 GHz"

huh.gif .It's an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800. Where does 5.7Ghz come from?

That site is definitely only for the computer illiterate though tounge2.gif . The game has the requirements on the site and on its box. There is no need for a website to do such a basic thing for you.

The rated performance is comparing it to the older Intel P4's I believe.

My AMD 64 3500+ @ 2.31Ghz was performance rated at 3.5Ghz which would be like a P4 3.5

I pass at all points... My framerate isn't the best, still though... But I think that's a Vista+Drivers problem (can't use both graphic cards in SLI mode)

I pass at all points... My framerate isn't the best, still though... But I think that's a Vista+Drivers problem (can't use both graphic cards in SLI mode)

If they are 7800GTs you could send one to me whistle.gif .

"We could not determine your exact system so we can't tell if your computer can run this product. Please review all the information below in the details section to try and make the evaluation yourself."  

Well that helped alot crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

I pass all categories on recommended tests.

P4 3.4GHz HyperThreading

2GB PC3200 RAM

HIS Excalibur ATI X800XT Platinum Edition IceQ II

120GB 7200RPM Harddrive (Swapfile on other drive)

But I can't see this as a fitting description.

I get between 10 (in cities) to 40+ fps (no action) in the game when most gfx settings is set at low or normal.

This system should imo not pass recommended...

Passed minimum - Failed Recommended though.

Usefull tool there thanks for the post.

I shall test it again after payday, when I get a brand new uber PC. Cannot wait.

At the moment Arm A looks a bit rubbish to be honest, got it on low settings. But in a weeks time that will all be different. Thank god for that!

"We could not determine your exact system so we can't tell if your computer can run this product. Please review all the information below in the details section to try and make the evaluation yourself."  

Well that helped alot crazy_o.gif  wink_o.gif

LoL, I bet you glued ya own PC together wink_o.gif

I think the ghz calculation comes from the fact that AMD's architecture does more work per clock cycle than intel's but typically run at a lower clock speed. AMD advertises the 3500+ as being equivalent to a 3.5 ghz intel chip, but those claims are dubious. Anyways, I'm running a 4400+ x2 at 2.5 ghz and it rates me at 6.60 ghz. I think that it multiplies the number by 2 if you have a dual cores, since 3.3 ghz intel standard seems reasonable for the speed of this machine.

I did better than I thought I would...

1.66 GHz (Centrino Duo)T2300 rated at 3.74GHz

1GB Ram

Windows Media Center 2005 SP2

NVIDIA GeForce Go7400 512MB

86.4GB Free space on the disk ArmA is on...

Says I'm between recommended and fast, yet the game is anything but wink_o.gif

Passed on OS, soundcard and Direct X version (and parts of the GFX such as 3D acc and HW transform & lightning).

Well, bye bye ArmA dreams.

Passed on all xmas_o.gif

And the game runs fine maxed out too, so an accurate result for once! tounge2.gif

That test actualy made me laught (or cry ?):

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/1096/hwtest5pe.jpg

As you can see I've passed all tests of minimal requirements. However the game runs terrible.

But it ain't fault of the web page.

It's fault of publisher (or BI ?) telling us false minimals.

BTW: Nice page  wink_o.gif .

Minimum reqs just mean the game runs.. tounge2.gif

I passed the recommended specs and the game runs fine on normal settings, so nothing wrong there smile_o.gif

(x2 4200+, 1,5gb ram, x1600xt)

As you can see I've passed all tests of minimal requirements. However the game runs terrible.

BTW: Nice page wink_o.gif .

You gonna at least have a recommended videocard to play ArmA wink_o.gif

BTW: Nice page wink_o.gif .

Minimum reqs just mean the game runs.. tounge2.gif

I passed the recommended specs and the game runs fine on normal settings, so nothing wrong there smile_o.gif

(x2 4200+, 1,5gb ram, x1600xt)

Usually not wink_o.gif .

On most games minimal means that if you set everything on low you won't have any troubles.

But the best thing is, that minimal VGA are FX series. I've got GeForce FX5700 and I've got sometimes terrible lags.

I can't even imagine (or I don't want to biggrin_o.gif ), how it runs on GeForce FX 5200 (it's FX too, so shouldn't be a problem, that this is office crap, not meant to play today's games) icon_rolleyes.gif .

But anyway, I'm gonna buy a new rig (soon ?), so I hope that my probs will be solved smile_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]

Congratulations, your system passes the recommened requirements! You should have a great experience running this product.

Yeah right. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, my system passed (and if it wouldn't id be surprised wink_o.gif)

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700@3Ghz

Asus Geforce 8800GTX

2Gb Corsair XMS2 Cas4@900Mhz

SB X-Fi Fatality Pro

Asus Striker Extreme MB

The weird thing is that it only rates my CPU at 4,5 Ghz... If an AMD X2 4200+ gets 6.30Ghz it feels kind of strange...

Anyway, I run the demo at maxed out settings running smoth as silk so I shouldn't complain smile_o.gif

/Mazex

Well I believe the requirements BIS list are misleading, ie. my machine is pretty much dead on the recommended specs and I can just run the game comfortably. I'd hate to see how a machine meeting the minimum specs would go.