Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Lasers

Phaeden if we wanted to use Class 4 or Megawatt lasers we may as well have just gone and used phasers. The class 3 laser stays, for the time being at least.

I've been receiving a steady stream of PM's exhibiting some confusion about the actual size of the sharks with laser beams. To aid and abate this confusion I have made this diagram to illustrate the size of the laser shark, in comparison to other recognizable objects:

graph.gif

Note that this is still early alpha beta gamma phase so we're still tweaking the sizes and proportions to see what feels right in game.

Thanks,

Sharks With Lasers Total Conversion Module Developer Team

PS: We don't want your help hooahman.

PPS: BIS plz give us mod tools kthx.

PPPS: The website is coming soon. And hooahman isn't making it. I am.

Omfg, awsoeme mod sharks with lazerz ftw!

Can i be an advisor or help you wit beta testing? I have no modding skillz but i'm really really good at putting stuff in the editor and looking at it, plus i know loads about sharks and steve irwin! And trucks!

Also has anyone considered a stingray with a laser on it, otherwise it'd be unblanaced...your mod needs something to counter the Steve Irwin unit!

Omfg, awsoeme mod sharks with lazerz ftw!

Can i be an advisor or help you wit beta testing? I have no modding skillz but i'm really really good at putting stuff in the editor and looking at it, plus i know loads about sharks and steve irwin! And trucks!

Also has anyone considered a stingray with a laser on it, otherwise it'd be unblanaced...your mod needs something to counter the Steve Irwin unit!

I have talked to BD about adding a stingray as part of a stingray terrorist group. and Steve Irwin could be the head of homeland security. that way he could start a small Task Forces to kill all stingray terrorists from the motherland.

current_new.png

We (myself and BD) need to chat about this some more MSN. update will come later today.

Thanks,

Sharks With Lasers Total Conversion Module Developer Team

I would just like to say your sharks are going to feel the full wrath of prehistoric sharks! yay.gifwhistle.gif

Shark wars anyone?

I have been receiving a lot of emails, phone calls, faxes, nudges, telegrams, and smoke signal messages asking "why sharks with laser beams blackdog?" and I have decided to write the back story here on the forums for you to read today:

When I was a little boi (well I am still a little boi I guess but when I was an even littler boy at the wee age of around ~5 or ~6) my parents took me to Baja, California (which is really in Mexico believe it or not -- I don't believe it personally). I can't remember exactly why I was taken to this place but I remember it as being a truly traumatic experience. It smelt bad and everyone was speaking in foreign languages that would make any monolingual person such as myself cringe and possibly even projectile vomit. My parents say that I ate loads of seafood such as jellyfish, starfish, sharks, lobster, penguin, etc. -- things that I would never eat today... and I think that this spawns from an experience involving both sharks and laser beams.

That's pretty much all I have to say for my story but the reason I started this modification has been my personal attempt to have some kind of closure on this horrible experience in Mexico. Thus far it has been a very good healing experience and I would like to thank you all for it.

Thanks,

SWLBTCM<span style='color:orange'>2</span>: Sharks With Laser Beams Total Covnersion Module Development Team Member,

blackdog

PS: To everyone sending me telekenetic messages regarding potential interviews of the SWLBTCM<span style='color:orange'>2</span>: Sharks With Laser Beams Total Covnersion Module Development Team please stop this as we are not ready to have interviews yet. Thank you.

PPS: More news regarding the development of the mod (screenshots) are coming later today.

Wowaweewa this mod has come so far so quick.

very nice organisation and pooling of skills there chaps, it looks very impressive.

i would like to use it in my next mod North Korea vs the man from atlantis.

razershark4oh.jpg

With puppet-Kim Jong Il by your side, nothing can go wrong.

I wish you the best of luck wink_o.gif

I just want to take this opportunity to vouch for my inassailable credentials as a designated expert advisor on this uber-elite project. I have in fact on a couple occasions visited an obscure local marine wildlife rehabilitation center when I was growing up near St. Petersburg, Florida, and the presence of off-tour rehabilitation rooms makes it clearly evident that they were a CIA front organization conducting research into Sharks with Lasers for domestic surveillance programs contrary to the posse comitus act.

Fortunately in cfgworlds in ArmA we can now vary the wave sizes to get the placidly gentle sea states known as "January in the Bering Hellstorm"

I think I'd like a screenshot of it attacking a Blackhawk wink_o.gif

Abs

Small update from SWLBTCM<span style='color:orange'>2</span>: Sharks With Laser Beams Total Covnersion Module Development Team

lolo-gator.jpg

Please do not ask for a release date. i wont tell you.

Thanks,

SWLBTCM<span style='color:orange'>2</span>: Sharks With Laser Beams Total Covnersion Module Development Team

Yeah! and make them blow up when close to player. They don't have to be giant, just a lot of them! pistols.gif

Rabbits with lasers anyone?

Hammy the Hamster with nuke

abombwithhammy01.jpg

Closeup of Hammy

abombwithhammy02.jpg

A minelayer dog is another wicked idea. I will do it when I have the time.

I don't know what the point of a pigeon that kills itself is, though. huh.gif

Abs

Abs, you are truly an artist. thumbs-up.gif

Your modeling is so lifelike. You almost put BIS' work to shame!

The hampster with nuke will be excellent for dropping out of the LMAOplane or ROFLcopter.

I thought that the minelayer dog was quite a good idea as well. My homeland used dogs in WW1 and WW2 to detonate mines, and I think that it would be for great justice if we finally gave them the role of laying the mines.

Edit:

I have done some research on minelaying dogs and I have found that they should most definately be on the REDFOR since I have already found evidence of Chuck Norris fighting them in the past.

fark_chuck_norris_dog.jpg

Silent N Deadly

Thanks for the feedback but like i said before. i wont tell you.

Smiley_Nick

Its a laser gator for Crocodile Dundee.

ExtracTioN

Ohhh that would be cool. it could swim and walk on land.

funnyguy1

You want a terrorist turtle?

nephilim

I thought two or three pages back you said this mod was "ridiculous"? now you want something from us?

Abs_01

wowa wi wa! you could soon be working for WoW or walmart with skills like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonlinear_optics#Optical_phase_conjugation

There is a countermeasure to laser weapons, a Phase Conjugate Mirror.

Quote[/b] ]It is possible, using nonlinear optical processes, to exactly reverse the propagation direction and phase variation of a beam of light.

It is also possible to amplify the beam on return, damaging the enemy laser.

see also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Directed-energy_weapon

Quote[/b] ]A phase-conjugate laser system. Here, a "finder" or "guide" laser illuminates the target. Any mirror-like ("specular") points on the target reflect light that is sensed by the weapon's primary amplifier. The weapon-power amplifier then amplifies inverted waves in a positive feedback loop, destroying the target with shockwaves as the specular regions evaporate. This avoids the blooming problem because the waves from the target passed through the blooming, and therefore show the most conductive optical path; this automatically corrects for the distortions caused by blooming. Experimental systems using this method usually use special chemicals to form a "phase conjugate mirror". In most systems, the mirror overheats dramatically at weaponized power levels.

Can we get back on topic here?

There will be AR's and LF's handed out if you do not comply.

SWLBTCM2 now has a wiki page.