Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Lasers

Today I was thinking "What is ARMA missing the most?" and I found out that what it was missing most was

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>LASERS!!!!!</span><span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:times new roman'><span style='color:orange'>moonrakerlasergadpic4dv.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharks With Lasers Total Conversion Module Developer Team

leader - me

modeler - abs,SNIPER SKULL

texturer - sniper skull AND ABS

beta testers - silentndeadly, shinraiden

Grafiks dev - CanadianTerror*

Translators - omega9

we will make:

BLUFOR

-- chuck norris

-- Steve Irwin

-- Crocodile Dundee

-- "Orca" fishing boat

-- Shark prisoner moving van

-- Roflcopter

--- with Laser guided polar bears

Laserguidedpolarbear.jpg

-- Finnish Sissi

OPFOR

-- shark with laser

-- laser gator

-- stingray with laser

-- shark moving van

--- hellfish6 (domestic terrorist seeking to destroy the world with sharks and lasers, he drives the shark moving van)

RESISTANCE

-- six pack ring

-- oil spill

-- penguin with grenade strapped on back

CIVILIAN

-- Peter Pan</span></span></span>

And sharks too !

Yes thats what i was thinking too!

OMG! It has hit me!

sharks with LASER BEAMS ARE POSSIBLE NOW, now that we can swim and see in the water and stuff!

I have drafted this diagram of a shark with laser beam for the modelers to use to make models.

shark%20laserbeam.jpg

It's such a good drawing that I bet that it could be used for textures too? I don't know i dont do that kidn of thing.

This is Genius. ShinRaiden would you like to join my team?

Well with both the enhanced watercraft and turret structures implentation is quite straight forward. You could even get a nice visual effect for the shark skin by combining normal maps and specular maps. For additionally functionality, add in helicopter model functionality where the fins animate into rotor blades.

For laser beams, I'm not sure on the vector initialization method, I've seen several lite variants based on replacement tracers, I'd suggest also considering high ROF low damage bullets with tracerEvery round.

Well with both the enhanced watercraft and turret structures implentation is quite straight forward. You could even get a nice visual effect for the shark skin by combining normal maps and specular maps. For additionally functionality, add in helicopter model functionality where the fins animate into rotor blades.

do you think that MAYBE Hellfish6 could help our mod out by researching additional types of sharks for use with laser beams? I hear that he has lots of experience underwater if you know what I mean.

Hmmm that wound't be all that hard to model or textures. we (as in me) could make a shark "moving" truck. that we could have spinner wheels?

This could just top the ROFLCOPTER & peter pan module.

Holy crap, this is turning out to be a truly awesome idea.

Excellent idea there Sniper Skull...

Addons to create so far:

Shark Moving Truck

-- For transporting the sharks

-- Has spinner wheels

-- Driven by Hellfish6

Sharks with Laser Beams

-- Different fin mountings possible

-- Should be able to blast helicopters and such out of the sky

Moonraker Laser

-- Good for killing the sharks and things like that

Orca Fishing Boat

FSPB0603.jpg

-- Shark bait

-- Shark battling boat

Spinner rims are insanely easy with the new model.cfg structure. Basicly you just set them to an inverse ratio to the speed controller, like you would for a speedometer on the dash. That way the rims counter rotate while the wheels rotate. It's all up to the coef you config in.

shinRaiden Plz dont talk about dev stuff in public! that is for the dev forum!

We (the Devlopers) of this modification have decided to make this a TOTAL CONVERSION MODULE Expected realise date in 2007.

I have been getting mass emails and PM's asking me what this bad ass Shark Moving Truck will look like. well just this one time i (A Devloper) is going to show you some WIP blueprints of what i (A Devloper) is going to be working from. thank you for taking the time to read this.

uhaul9jh.jpg + blueshark7kq.jpg = Shark Moving Truck

Thank you,

Sharks With laser beams total conversion module team.

We do plan to include MANY MANY MANY different skins for the U-Haul truck in addition to the nice Man Playing Trumpet skin exhibited by Snipr Skull above.

SAMPLE THEMES:

Theme "Guy from Mythbusters"

maine.jpg

Theme "Shrooms"

sg83_mi_fungus2.jpg

ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION WHAT COLOR WILL THE LASER BEAMS BE AND CAN WE CHOOSE WHAT COLOR THEY CAN BE THANKS

BY THE WAY CONCEPT ART LOOKS GREAT POSSIBLY THE BEST CAN I BETA THE MOD AND WILL THERE BE DOLPHINS WTH C4 THANKS U GUYS ARE AMAZING KEEP UP THE WORK

ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION WHAT COLOR WILL THE LASER BEAMS BE AND CAN WE CHOOSE WHAT COLOR THEY CAN BE THANKS

They will be any and all colors of the rain bows:

RainbowPeacePaceFlag.jpg

Edit to respond to your edit: i cannot confirm or deny that there are any dolphins being made but we are definatley considerng making them for the "civilian" side of our total conversion mod. Rite now it is looking like (team balance side):

BLUFOR - Sharks

REDFOR - Humans

WHATEVERTHISISFOR (Res) - Six pack rings, fishing nets, oil spills

CIVI - DolphinZ

Word out!

Quote[/b] ]BLUFOR - Sharks

REDFOR - Humans

WHATEVERTHISISFOR (Res) - Six pack rings, fishing nets, oil spills

CIVI - DolphinZ

Fishingboat - Resistance rofl.gif

The shark moving truck should have glass sides, so the shark can see out!

The shark moving truck should have glass sides, so the shark can see out!

we Will definately be included both the unarmored and uparmored variants of the uHaul truck.

Hello!

I very interested am in mod - is very nice! How much? I make this one it for you. Hope you liyke! thumbs-up.gif

lasershark.jpg

Abs

notworthy.gif

notworthy.gif

Hi I came to make a request(s) for your shark mod.

I was wondering maybe you could release something like the Hammer Head Edition for the mod, just to mix it up. The lasers should fit fine on hammer heads just look.

lazershark2001.jpg

Also is there a possibility for shark/human mutations like this?

shark.jpg

If you plan on making a campaign they would make for a nice surprise when they come walking out of the water w/ their laser beams the humans won't have a chance.