Sign in to follow this  
dan9of9

Alpha9 UK Swat

Not bad.

Shouldn't the flag be smaller?

Why are they armed with saw, stinger?

I though that swat would want something less lethal, like an mp5.

Couple of issue...

That camoflage doesnt look like any UK issued DPM I am aware of.

UK Troops wouldn't normally be issued with US webbing helmets etc..

UK dont even have SWAT, the police do have a firearms unit but I think they dress quite differently.

Repainting US troops to look like UK troops was done in OFP and didnt look too great then, and still doesn't look that good now.

I would suggest a bit more research on the topic you are trying to do, if need be wait for the proper tools so you can ensure the equipment appears as is UK issued not US issued.

There more to this than just a re-skin..

Couple of issues...

1) It's his first day making addons. Don't be so rough on him. If you look at his earlier thread, you'll see he spent approximately 7 hours learning how to make an addon standalone. It's this kind of dedication that ought to be welcomed in the community.

2) They could be fictional units for all anyone cares. The game just got out a few months ago, and no one can really play around with the models yet.

@dan9of9: Keep it up, mate. Good on you. If you keep on practicing and learning until the tools are out, I think we'll see some stellar addons from you. thumbs-up.gif

Cheers.

Abs

thx,yeh this is my second day today making pbos,

just getting into it like.

these will be fictional types anyway, and cos i put swat uk,i should have wrote for you picky gits :P grey swat type colors with a uk flag,and named uk for pretend uk that are us.

OK :P

i did spend 7 hours yesturday learning how to do this ,thx abs for pointing that out smile_o.gifwink_o.gif a good one in the community wink_o.gif

funny ya know,ive made lots of posts about this community,and how dam dead it is,and then when new people come here they get slammed for speaking about this game from old grandad ofp players... seems to be still here.

i have even witnessed (cos i monitor this forum) a handful of new demo players get slagged to not return again.

half the prob init with this game,is its community,it isnt friendly,and it isnt fun in these forums,

so think next time you post you cold piece of.

and instead of telling me to do some research,wheres your bloody research mr know it all about me having my first pbo,for the first day i ever attempted to make one.,

unbelievable.

just lighten the up guys.

anyway, will release it either way when its complete,if you download it do,if you dont,like i give a.

those flag packs that were made give errors,simple,deleted them,wont be getting them

no one forces hand,,the main thing is,this community should start to encourage ppl,not fire at them.

again,i thank the 10 odd people that have pm'd me all yesturday or that posted in the 3rd party tools post that helped me out.

more like you guys would be great,

so keep it up wink_o.gif

cos it wont be long until grandads fall to sleep in there rocking chair for ever. biggrin_o.gif

oh,the flag is the same size as the other one,exactly.

but remember,im new to this,so i added it,and as it shows,its a little to bright,and like a pic,

since that post thou i have textured that flag,and pulled the brightness down on it so it looks kinda faded and had some wear.

they are also armed with all guns,

once complete,the choice will be there for all guns,

mission makers can sort out mp5 only missions init smile_o.gif

(soz for posting twice again mod guys,i forgot,cant delete either)

How long you've been doing this is irrelevant. The fact

remains that you are calling them "UK" without any

qualification when they look absolutely bugger all like

any "United Kingdom" armed forces or police? If they're

fantasy soldiers then call them that, otherwise (particularly

on this forum) you can expect to get called on it and have

no right to get all self-righteous and snotty if someone

does, init.

Fictional/fantasy or real ones, those units don't look that bad and Dan9 has the right spirit - that's what we need.

/me salutes Dan smile_o.gif

How long you've been doing this is irrelevant. The fact

remains that you are calling them "UK" without any

qualification when they look absolutely bugger all like

any "United Kingdom" armed forces or police? If they're

fantasy soldiers then call them that, otherwise (particularly

on this forum) you can expect to get called on it and have

no right to get all self-righteous and snotty if someone

does, init.

The Colonel is right. Next time make sure that you're qualified to call them UK. I heard that the Queen was handing out qualifications over at Buckingham Palace.

Turth be told, some people ought not to look too far before calling others self-righteous and snotty.

He made these addons to have fun with. He's British, and wanted to put his homeland's flag on it. He's learning how to make addons. Leave the guy alone.

Dan9of9, if you need help in any way, feel free to ask me. I'm only a modeller, and I'm new to ArmA editing, but I'll do what I can for you.

Abs

Quote[/b] ]Fictional/fantasy or real ones, those units don't look that bad and Dan9 has the right spirit - that's what we need.

/me salutes Dan

I concur with Dan, there are lots of folk in these forums who are active duty military and prior military, we will always encourage new modelers; if a correction needs to be made we will pm the person and  inform them, that way folks don’t jump on the band wagon and pollute the forums with their regurgitating comments. Keep up the great work my friend, do your research in order to avoid these mental unstapled encounters.

Semper Fidelis!

smile_o.gif so good of you to say that guys smile_o.gif

thx smile_o.gif

spent most the day adding our logo to the backs,

the troops ofc will be for download one day "if" you want them dl them.

but mainly its for our team ofc.

just added this logo to the medic and sab forces,still loads to do yet smile_o.gif

loving it.

http://www.alpha9s.com/pictemp/armaa9logo2.jpg

Nice work!

CO19 is London's 'SWAT' team. I'm not to sure on the rest of the country. I guess they are just separate Armed Response Teams.

There should some pics on the net somewhere detailing their uniforms and gear.

nice one smile_o.gif thx for the info,

these are custom uk swat team infantrys,but it wil be nice to see the real ones,and take some skinning ideas smile_o.gif

thx mate smile_o.gif

I think there cool for a 1st time and really whats it matter if there us skins but made british. you sould take it as a complement that maybe the u.s uniform is better then the british but then again mabey not . smile_o.gif

Couple of issue...

UK dont even have SWAT, the police do have a firearms unit but I think they dress quite differently.

True we dont have swat we have S.A.S which is better the swat cos thay never get court or killed or hardly ever.

very nice work!! Dont suppose you could do a uk camo too! The usual green stuff??

I think there cool for a 1st time and really whats it matter if there us skins but made british. you sould take it as a complement that maybe the u.s uniform is better then the british but then again mabey not . smile_o.gif
Couple of issue...

True we dont have swat we have S.A.S which is better the swat cos thay never get court or killed or hardly ever.

S.W.A.T is a police unit the S.A.S is a military unit, our version of S.W.A.T is SO19 who are nowhere near as good as S.W.A.T but thats beside the point. Anyway good work mate.

could add some green stuff uk style at some point smile_o.gif for sure.

the faction is set to US still,im not so hot on that side of it,

but sure,i could slap a few uk flags on the shirts and rename the addon so its independent.

have to give me some time thou,,working loads on this one first smile_o.gif

Couple of issue...

S.W.A.T is a police unit the S.A.S is a military unit, our version of S.W.A.T is SO19 who are nowhere near as good as S.W.A.T but thats beside the point. Anyway good work mate.

I woundnt say that... SO19 officers are trained to an extremley high standard.

nice!! i did a bit of texturing my self with uk flags all over it. But i cant seem to get them to work in game!! so i cant post any screenies! I replaced the orig textures with us_soldieracu_co.paa but it doesnt seem to work for me. Have i done the right file?

Having now looked at these units as a fictional creation I see them in a different light.

IF I had know they had been designed to be fictional from the outset I would likely have replied differently as the re-skin looks great, but I was misled as to what I was looking at.

For work from a person who has been at it just 7 hours (another thread I had not noticed) ist actaully quite amazing as anyone who has seen my own work will know I am far from that standard, at least with textures, and have been modding OFP for some years.

I pride myself on doing my addons with reasonable accuracy, normally as close as OFP could allow, and I hope to bring this level to ArmA, and I wrongly assumed you where trying to do the UK equivelant of SWAT and tried to reply in such a way to help you see what I thought was an error.

A mis-understanding caused my response and I had no intention on detering you from doing what you seem very capable of.

I actaully feel quite good being referred to as a 'grandad' (although I suspect it as intended otherwise), yes I have seen lots come and go with OFP over the years, and I hope ArmA has an even better community.

The community is not how one person responds but how they interact, ideally in a manner that resolves issues rather than making mountains out of molehills

This 'grandad' wont be going away, if anything getting a bit more active than has been seen so far.

I look forward to seeing progress on these fictional troops.

Cb.

Couple of issue...

I woundnt say that... SO19 officers are trained to an extremley high standard.

Yes, but SWAT makes more movies tounge2.gif

good work dan9of9! the Brits finally make it into ArmA! ...well fictional Brits, but none the less.

You will find though, the British CO19 (no longer SO19) and the US SWAT units, regardless of their camo would pritty much always have black vests, boots and helmets. Just an idea for your units?

They are a little over armed for Brits as well, but maybe as you have a look around the config (while learning the ropes) you'll find the unit loadouts and consider a handgun, smoke granades and an MP5 or G36 (there is one in ArmA right?)

Heres a few armed British police officers, future projects maybe?

British Armed Cop 1

British Armed Cop 2

Keep at it regardless, always good to see new members in the community.

I think the point of this topic is the addon dan9of9 made, not "OMGZORZ! SWAT ROXORS SO-19!"

its no prob CBFASI wink_o.gif

nice work btw in ofp,i saw ya sig link,nice looking stuff on those pics.

i never realy got into modding in ofp,played it for 2 years,had about 200 custom missions,and about 700mb of addons,but never modded anything.

wish i had started back then.

but,never the less smile_o.gif, am modding now and loving it smile_o.gif

thx for the links red.