Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

Hmm, I went with ACE and I decided to use Gunter's WarMod. While I do think it improves the realism, I'm still a little stumped on the AI. I know ACE and WarMod both feature AI improvements, but that leads me to wonder; what of the difficulty values in the options? I've been tampering around with settings there and I noticed very little change between tampering with settings. I don't think I'm a military warrior here but I keep getting schooled when I try anything with opposing AI; they seem more accurate than me and far more able to take me out than I can do it to them. Of course, this is me putting the sliders at max, assuming the AI mods override these settings...

Foffy

if you have questions about adjusting the AI in WarMod then use the WarMod thread and i will answer your questions there,

as this is not the thread for such discussions, your already going out of context of what this thread is for as it is an addon request thread.

Would be someone so nice and make woodland version of czech SF Landrover ? I have texture, but nothing awesome ...

EDIT : Sorry, bad section :banghead:

I searched google and Armaholic, but couldn't find it, is there an Animations mod that changes the running Animations? They look very bad in ArmA 1 IMO and I hope there is some mod to improve them :)

Hi,

I'm looking for the final/last versions of CAA1 and OAC if anyone happens to have them.

Thanks,

I searched google and Armaholic, but couldn't find it, is there an Animations mod that changes the running Animations?

They look very bad in ArmA 1 IMO and I hope there is some mod to improve them

Theres the following:

Sprint and Animation fixer

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2352&highlight=SPRINT+AND+ANIMATION+FIXER

Truegameplay mods:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3482&highlight=TRUEGAMEPLAYMODS

PROPER Anims Fast Forward Transition

(click to download)

Sprint transitions are quite broken in ArmA. The idea is to replace sprint with run gameplay wise. This addon doubles the diagonal forward and straightforward run speed to make it equal to the sprint speed. In addition the diagonal forward and straightforward walk is accelerated by 150 percent to make it more useful.

I'm looking for the final/last versions of CAA1 and OAC if anyone happens to have them.

I could get them for you, I have the entire CAA1 and OAC divided by islands in one mod format,

I could zip the whole thing and upload it and send you a link. would you like that?

Edited by Gnter Severloh

@Gunter

I could get them for you, I have the entire CAA1 and OAC divided by islands in one mod format,

I could zip the whole thing and upload it and send you a link. would you like that?

Sure :) I'd really appreciate it.

Well, first time posting here, hi! :)

There's two ARMA addons I've been looking out for, but so far unsuccessfully. If these things exist and someone could point to the right direction, I would be very grateful.

1) Binoculars tweak/fix that makes their selection behave logically, and only equips them when pressing the binded button or when selected via action menu.

You know, how the game has the tendency to treat the binoculars as another weapon (which I guess it basically is?) ->

- binoculars sometimes become equipped when dropping all weapons

- sometimes when using the "switch weapons" button

- everytime using binoculars while holding an RPG or any other launcher: pressing the binoculars button to unequip them equips the main weapon instead of raising the RPG again. (selecting launcher from action menu works, though)

2) Direct vehicle control instead of commands issued to the AI driver

"Forward!-left!-left!-right!-forward!-fast!" I think I don't have to explain this one? :rolleyes:

Direct control from the commander & gunner position would be beyond awesome and make using vehicles much more fluent and enjoyable.

Anyone have an idea if such mods exist?

Thanks!

Well, first time posting here, hi! :)

There's two ARMA addons I've been looking out for, but so far unsuccessfully. If these things exist and someone could point to the right direction, I would be very grateful.

1) Binoculars tweak/fix that makes their selection behave logically, and only equips them when pressing the binded button or when selected via action menu.

You know, how the game has the tendency to treat the binoculars as another weapon (which I guess it basically is?) ->

- binoculars sometimes become equipped when dropping all weapons

- sometimes when using the "switch weapons" button

- everytime using binoculars while holding an RPG or any other launcher: pressing the binoculars button to unequip them equips the main weapon instead of raising the RPG again. (selecting launcher from action menu works, though)

2) Direct vehicle control instead of commands issued to the AI driver

"Forward!-left!-left!-right!-forward!-fast!" I think I don't have to explain this one? :rolleyes:

Direct control from the commander & gunner position would be beyond awesome and make using vehicles much more fluent and enjoyable.

Anyone have an idea if such mods exist?

Thanks!

You can do things like silence the orders being given to the driver but you can't change how the engine works. In terms of controlling the AI driver, I find less it more. Just give him general instructions and let him figure it out, and if you have precise things you need to do, switch to the driver position.

I belive it is for ArmA 2,and not for ArmA 1...

Yep wasnt paying attention to where I was.

hey guys..i lost my idea what is the name of the best detailed Rangers on armaholic??? does someone know the name of the addon???

You can do things like silence the orders being given to the driver but you can't change how the engine works. In terms of controlling the AI driver, I find less it more. Just give him general instructions and let him figure it out, and if you have precise things you need to do, switch to the driver position.

Ok, thanks. The usual driver-gunner switching it is then.

Oh, got another question: Are there any mods/addons that enable using the armory mode with other islands than just Rahmadi?

Of course, it's no big deal to fire up the mission editor, put in some stuff and blast away, but the armory is still decent if you don't feel like starting up a proper mission or dabbling with the editor. I've tried googling around, but about the only thing I've come across are mentions of custom islands not always working with Armory in ARMA II.

Hi,

Would anyone still have this file for LoBo Mod?

I can not find it anywhere...

"VilasWeaponsPacksForLoBoInfantry.7z"

thank you

Natan

Yeah, I can't find that file anywhere it seems. 2 pages back someone updated the link for Zulu, but that link won't work anymore.

Yeah, I can't find that file anywhere it seems. 2 pages back someone updated the link for Zulu, but that link won't work anymore.

Ok Zulu to the rescue once again :) Vilas weapons pack for Lobo Mod

http://www.mediafire.com/?r23bipvn88id1ya

I can't find the fixed version of STALKERGB's British Special Forces - link in his thread is dead. Does anyone still have it?

It's me again and this time I'm looking for

SPON Attachments v0.3.0 by Spooner - anyone has it maybe?

Can't find those two addons for ACE Island Pack:

ACEIP HDT pack - aceip_hdt_2008_02_25.7z (175 MB)

ACEIP SAT pack - aceip_sat_2008_02_25.7z (251 MB)

Hey guys, I really need DMSmoke effects (all of them if possible) because all links I have found are broken :(

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Found it on armedassault.info

Edited by Matteo1944