Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

Hi, yeah i guess that there must be some, i've my own one released; but have some errors.

Have to download an entire mod for get a M1911 is not nice and i wouldn't do it anyways

but i'll like to see the AA2 M1911 in the ArmA, it'll fit good with the QG partisans. Let's C ya

i dont know if its been requested or mentioned, but i'd really love to see sling loading for transport helicopters (to sling small trucks, and damaged small helicopters), and trailers for trucks (to tow guns and such). Being able to move equipment and vehicles around the map is a must for large scale operations. It would be tremendously useful when it comes to recovering damaged vehicles.

Expanding on the same note, it'd be nice to see something like a chinook or equivilant that could transport vehicles both internally, and by sling load.

+1000

Has anyone implemented a light mortar for ArmA? By that I mean a little hand-

carried 2" or 51mm tube, not a big emplaced mortar. I really need one for the

platoon HQ for my British infantry addons but I've no idea how to create one

(that the AI could use).

If there's nothing like that then I suppose I'll have to make, borrow, or

otherwise acquire an M79 Blooper...or something ( :i: )

The Operation Frenchpoint Addon for ArmA1 has the LGI Light Mortar, Colonel! :D

frenchmortar.jpg

(I sure wish those guys released more stuff for ArmA :( )

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Oh, and while I've got Photobucket open...

Could someone please "flip down" the 203 grenade sight on the default m16A2+203?

It was my favourite "old school" commando weapon until a patch flipped the sight up and now it's very hard to use the rifle sight.

m16203.jpg

Someone said this is easy to do in O2, but I don't have the foggiest! ;)

Cheers

Hi, i'll also like to see the AA2 SU-25 Frogfoot on the ArmA.

*Stewy, if you have the O2 & the BIS sample models... just open the M16A2-M203 on the

O2, save the model .p3d as stw_m16a2m203.p3d, go to the ViewPilot LOD, select the GL

sight, rotate it 90º, adjust it on the GL sight's bed, save it again, and you're done. You'll

also need to check the textures path on every LOD, the BIS sample LODs have bugs,

you'll also need to do some other tweaks but's basically that. Let's c ya

*Stewy, if you have the O2 & the BIS sample models... just open the M16A2-M203 on the

O2, save the model .p3d as stw_m16a2m203.p3d, go to the ViewPilot LOD, select the GL

sight, rotate it 90º, adjust it on the GL sight's bed, save it again, and you're done. You'll

also need to check the textures path on every LOD, the BIS sample LODs have bugs,

you'll also need to do some other tweaks but's basically that. Let's c ya

Wip - thanks for the reply mate, but I'm sorry - none of that makes sense to me. Sorry, I just don't understand O2... :(

Is there an O2 expert with 5 minutes to spare? Pretty please?

Wip - thanks for the reply mate, but I'm sorry - none of that makes sense to me. Sorry, I just don't understand O2... :(

Is there an O2 expert with 5 minutes to spare? Pretty please?

I'l have a go at it. I'll need to d/l the BIS samples to get the MLOD of it

first, though. Do you want your "own" version of it (as mentioned above;

eg. "STEWY_M16M203") or a replacement with the same classname as the

original (whatever it is)?

Hi, remember to check LOD by LOD and Merge Near vertex, the BIS sample models have

more holes than a groullere cheesse; and also remember to check the textures paths on

all the LODs too, some are wrong or use four or six 2048x1024 textures when they only

need two or 3 as much of those textures. Let's C ya

I'l have a go at it. I'll need to d/l the BIS samples to get the MLOD of it

first, though. Do you want your "own" version of it (as mentioned above;

eg. "STEWY_M16M203") or a replacement with the same classname as the

original (whatever it is)?

G'day Colonel - thanks VERY much for looking into it Sir - I know you're very busy.

Either is fine for me (if I'm being selfish) If other people are interested, they may prefer a separate addon?

Thanks so much mate

Stew

Hi, the best option in my opinion will be to have your own M16A2-M203 as a stand alone addon, with it's own and easy to remember classname and a replacement addon in the form of a config.cpp transformed into a binarized .pbo that goes with your addon; in this way everyone will be happy; those that may only want your addon will have it, and those who may want to replace the BIS M16A2-M203 with one without that damn sight in the middle making hard to aim... could also enjoy it. I'll vote for your addon M16A2-M203 and a replacement in the same pack, always signed and with the public key.

But i'll suggest you Faulker ("Sir...") to flip down the M203 sight on the ViewPilot LOD only, so it'll be only up on the rest of the LODs and will keep serving as a refference when you don't aim down the rifle sight; like in the Aimpoint and iron sighted M4s on my pack. I think that's the best way of deal with the M203 leaf sight. Let's C ya

Isn't it time someone come up with an animation for dropping the current weapon and quickly bringing up an alternate weapon? Extremely useful during getaways after launching AT4 or RPG. Or is such a mod already available?

Isn't it time someone come up with an animation for dropping the current weapon and quickly bringing up an alternate weapon? Extremely useful during getaways after launching AT4 or RPG. Or is such a mod already available?

I think the A.C.E. mod speeds up the act of switching weapons.

^... yup but no switching can be faster than simply dropping the thing and bringing up a rifle. The whole animation should feel like the AT4 simply disappeared when button is hit and the rifle brought up like its brought up from the lowered weapon position. Now, that's fast. Due to this, I often find myself unable to get away or get my rifle ready for shooting when the tank crew disembarks.

One more addon suggestion for reflex sights...

The main advantage of reflex sights is the fact that it allows the shooter to focus on the target and still have the red dot in full focus over the target instead of focusing on the front sight as in iron sight shooting. This gives the shooter an immensely improved situation awareness and target acquisition.

In order to simulate the focus on target granted by red dots, an addon should be available to blur out red dot sights to semi transparent while the red dot itself remains in full focus. This is the main reason why red dots are preferred over iron sights and should be easily moddable by changing the texture on the current ones.

ArmA has already incorporated front and rear sight misalignment when turning while red dot maintains totally usable when turning in order to simulate one of the greatest advantage of red dot sighting, which is no longer needing eye/rear/front sight alignment when shooting. That's good work. With my suggestion, the full advantage of using red dots in real life can be brought into the game in full.

I have a thought for an addon for ArmA, and ArmA II. Like in real life we can use laser lights on our personal weapons or a laser light for aircraft, even other ground forces to see at night with nvg's. The laser light would show you a trail to follow to the target location being brighter at the target locations end. I dono if this is possable but just a thought.

The purpose is for PvP urban areas where I have the Hellfire's not used.

One other is IR Panels/ strobes for players, and vehicles for marine side only for ArmA, and ArmA II. I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up or not but.

Edited by tuocs

I know someone released a rabbit addon and I was wondering if anyone had tried to make a camel or donkey for the middle eastern themed maps?? Maybe even one of those big ass spiders they have over there :p or a yak or water buffalo? Are these creations beyond the scope of the engines ability or do they just require a major time and effort commitment???

[...] Are these creations beyond the scope of the engines ability or do they just require a major time and effort commitment???

The latter. Someone already made things like giant scorpions and "Starship

Troopers Arachnids" so [non-human] animals are certainly technically feasible

in ArmA I.

Thanks for your response Col. I had made an earlier request to have the paq-4 made operational since it was working in VBS2. And I would have thought making a camel or burro would be fairly easy and add more realism to the mid eastern maps that were produced but I am not a modeler or scripter so perhaps it was not as easy as I thought it might be. Always seemed a bit unrealistic to have paq-4 's on the weapons that were not working for night missions. And to have a camel or small burro to hide an IED in or to be used to block a convoy that was about to come under attack would have been really great.

i'd love to see some mechs. something along the lines of humanoid type mechs for ARMA 1 even if you cannot get them to walk right just make them use boosters and hover/skim across the terrain and when they stop make them land and stand on there feet on the terrain. i would love to get some help adding something like this to ARMA 1.

Hi, i will ike to see a Remington ACR 5'56x45:

remington_acr2.jpg

Let's C ya