Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

I would like to ask someone to make a "project Nogova Army"-reskin. We have Modern Nogova troopers, which have infantry, BMP, BRDM and MH-6, wich I think is not too much.

My idea is that it should be like the armies of Poland and the Baltic states; weaponry and equipment mainly changed to NATO and US stuffs.

Here's a list of ideas:-Armor: Leopard 1A5(maybe 2A4)

M60A3

T-72

ZSU-23-4

-APC/IFV: BMP-1

BTR-80/90

M113

Sisu X-360

-Cars: Ural

UAZ

HMMWV

Landrover Defender

-Helis: UH-60

Mi-24

Mi-8

SA-330

Bell 206

UH-1

NH-90

Eurocopter Tiger

These are existing addons, of course I have ideas for non-existing (or WIP) ones, like T-55, PT-76, A-129 Mangusta, UNIMOG trucks, Warrior IFV, 2S6 Tunguska, etc...But I don't want anyone to make them, just to reskin existing ones, if it isn't too much of a job.

i only hope one day somebody can bring the assault buggys in biggrin_o.gif

img0091.jpg

@endwar24 what game is this trailer from?

I'm presuming the big ArmA mods haven't done this (i don't tend to use the big packages)

Is it possible that all spec ops soldiers be given the ability to be a medic? I seem to remember in OFP this was done by someone. Maybe, have a different level of medical ability, so non-medic class soldiers can patch themselves up for minor wounds but a medic is needed if they are really badly injured.

I would like to see some Mexican army and Spec Forces in the game, and maybe some drugcartel criminals, since it could be nice to do some missions with anti cartel war as theme...!!  pistols.gif

@_Barnes_ : The trailer is from a game called Stormbirds, however there are rumors that THQ has canceled it.

I requested this shit a long while back, and I brought it up to a dev from the A.C.E mod just 10 minutes ago and he shot the idea to shit saying they had better stuff to work on. So any who this brings me back to the forums requesting a Route Clearance Package addon for armed assault. Consisting of a modeled, RG-31 or RG-33, Buffalo, and Husky. Theres tons of google images on them and if you need more in-depth photographs of something specific let me know and when I get back from leave I can take some pictures in person. If someone could work on this man it'd make my day.

I requested this shit a long while back, and I brought it up to a dev from the A.C.E mod just 10 minutes ago and he shot the idea to shit saying they had better stuff to work on. So any who this brings me back to the forums requesting a Route Clearance Package addon for armed assault. Consisting of a modeled, RG-31 or RG-33, Buffalo, and Husky. Theres tons of google images on them and if you need more in-depth photographs of something specific let me know and when I get back from leave I can take some pictures in person. If someone could work on this man it'd make my day.

Got any pictures of the drivers cabin?

Abs

Not at the moment I'm afraid I'm currently on Pre-deployment leave until January 10th. So anytime after that I'll be able to go to the motor pool and take a few snap shots.

I brought it up to a dev from the A.C.E mod just 10 minutes ago and he shot the idea to shit saying they had better stuff to work on.

Is there any reason why the ACE Mod team would be the only people you contact regarding this request? Can anyone do it, or is there a feature of ACE that must be present? I ask because it seems like singling the ACE Mod team out and making them seem too haughty might be unfair. If there's a reason for asking them specifically, then I could understand, but it doesn't sound like ACE Mod is needed for this request.

I requested this shit a long while back, and I brought it up to a dev from the A.C.E mod just 10 minutes ago and he shot the idea to shit saying they had better stuff to work on.

Now why the hell do you single out the ACE team and give them shit for not being your personal addon makers? icon_rolleyes.gif

Ok there is a Ozelt for Germans and a SA-6 for Russia/SLA

Now the US need some form of Heavy AA.

I'am requesting the MIM-72A/M48 Chaparral

Chaparral_Mim-72.jpg

MIM-72A/M48 Chaparral is a US Army self-propelled surface-to-air missile system based on the AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missile system. The launcher is based on the M113 family of vehicles. It entered service with the US Army in 1969 and was phased out between 1990 and 1998. It was intended to be used along with the M163 Vulcan Air Defense System, the Vulcan covering short-range short-time engagements, and the Chaparral for longer range use.

Description

The MIM-72A missile was based on the AIM-9D Sidewinder. The main difference is that to reduce drag only two of the fins on the MIM-72A have rollerons, the other two having been replaced by non-moving thin fins. The MIM-72's MK 50 solid-fuel rocket motor was essentially identical to the MK 36 MOD 5 used in the AIM-9D Sidewinder. The MIM-72 missile is launched from the M48 fire unit, consisting of a M730 tracked vehicle fitted with an M54 missile launcher capable of holding four missiles ready to fire. The M48 carries an additional eight missiles stowed.

The MIM-72A like the FIM-43 Redeye uses a first generation infra-red seeker, and can be fooled by flares and "hot brick" jammers, such as the L166 IRCM unit fitted to the Mi-24. Also the missile needs to be able to see the hot exhaust of an aircraft, making it a tail chase only missile. A similar B model for training was identical to the A model with the exception of a different fuse.

The C version of the missile, from 1974, has an improved guidance section that gives the missile an all-aspect capability, as well as a new doppler radar fuse and an improved warhead. The fuse and warhead were adapted from the earlier Mauler program. C models were deployed between 1976 and 1981, reaching operational status in 1978. An experimental D model used the warhead from the C version with the seeker from the A model, but was not deployed.

A naval version of the missile was also developed based on the C version of the missile - the RIM-72C Sea Chaparral. This was not adopted by the U.S. Navy, however it was exported to Taiwan.

The Chaparral system is manually fired by visually tracking the targets, slewing the missile carrier into the general direction, and waiting for the missile seekers to "lock on" to the target. It is not suitable for engaging helicopters "popping up" behind cover, for instance.

In 1977 Ford and Texas Instruments started a project to give the Chaparral a limited all-weather capability through the addition of a FLIR camera. The test firings in 1978 also used a new smokeless motor, which greatly improved visibility after firing and made it much easier to fire follow-up rounds. The testing proved successful, and the FLIR upgrades were carried out in September 1984. Existing missiles were upgraded with the new motor to become the MIM-72E, while new-build versions (otherwise identical) were known as the MIM-72F.

A final upgrade adapted the greatly improved seeker from the FIM-92 Stinger to the MIM-72, starting in 1980. The Stinger's seeker is considerably more capable in terms of off-axis "sighting," as well as being able to reject most common forms of jamming. Ford was contracted to deliver the resulting MIM-72G starting in 1982, and all existing missiles had been updated by the late 1980s. New-build G models followed between 1990 and 1991. By this point in time the system was already being removed from regular Army service, and being handed over to the National Guard.

Two export-only versions of the MIM-72 were also built, the MIM-72H which is an export version of the MIM-72F, and the MIM-72J, a MIM-72G with a downgraded guidance and control section.

The missile cost approximately $80,000 and M48 fire units $1.5 million.

Among units stationed in the continental U.S. using the M48 Chaparral were Charlie and Delta Batteries, 1st Battalion, 67th Air Defense Artillery, 9th Infantry Division, Ft. Lewis, Washington near Tacoma during the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Units in West Germany included Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Headquarters, 2nd Battalion, 60th Air Defense Artillery, later re-designated as 3rd Battalion, 44th Air Defense Artillery in 1988. These units were station at Ramstein AFB, Zweibruken AFB, and Spangdahlem AFB to protect these air bases.

General characteristics (MIM-72A)

Length: 2.90 m

Wingspan: 0.63 m

Diameter: 0.127 m

Launch weight: 86 kg

Speed: Mach 1.5

Range: 500 m to 6000 m

Altitude: 15 m to 3000 m

Guidance: Passive infra-red tail chase only.

Motor : MK 50 solid-fuel rocket motor (12.2 kN) for 4.7 s

Warhead: 11 kg MK 48 continuous rod

[edit] Models

MIM-72 Chaparral

MIM-72A Original production missile.

MIM-72B Training missile.

MIM-72C Improved Chaparral. Featuring an improved AN/DAW-1 guidance section, M817 directional doppler fuze and a M250 blast-fragmentation warhead. These enhancements gave the missile an all-aspect capability. Produced between 1976 and 1981. It entered service in November 1978. Range improved to 9000 m.

RIM-72C Sea Chaparral. Naval version - Evaluated but not deployed by the US Navy. Adopted by Taiwan.

MIM-72D Experimental missile that was cancelled before production.

MIM-72E MIM-72C missiles retrofitted with a new M121 smokeless motor.

MIM-72F New built missiles with upgraded M121 smokeless motor.

MIM-72G Fitted with a new AN/DAW-2 based on the seeker in the FIM-92 Stinger giving improved resistance to countermeasures. This was retrofitted to all Chaparral missiles during the late 1980s. New missiles where produced between 1990 and 1991.

MIM-72H Export version of the MIM-72F.

MIM-72J Downgraded export version of the MIM-72G.M30 Inert training missile.

Link

This is a Chaparral on the page. Only thing that is the question.. I do not know when it will be done or gets a higher priority.

Ok there is a Ozelt for Germans and a SA-6 for Russia/SLA

Now the US need some form of Heavy AA.

I'am requesting the MIM-72A/M48 Chaparral

Project RACS has one in the works.....

As soon as Datakill finishes up the texture i will get pics up...

We also have a really nice HAWK battery.......

I requested this shit a long while back, and I brought it up to a dev from the A.C.E mod just 10 minutes ago and he shot the idea to shit saying they had better stuff to work on.

Now why the hell do you single out the ACE team and give them shit for not being your personal addon makers? icon_rolleyes.gif

Get off A.C.E mods dick, ya band wagon whore. Truth hurts bro. They shot down the idea I stated it. Don't like what I said well thats too fucking bad I have the right to say what I want and I fight to keep my right day in and day out. If B.I Forums wants to intervine and tell me I can't swear and hurt your pathetic heart well thats up to them. But you sir, can conduct a right face and choke yourself.

Don't like what I said well thats too fucking bad

Yep, don't like what you said .. and how you said it ... dick

ERC-Blackwater

48HR PR for that outburst.

Mod makers bring a great deal to the community, you appear to bring nothing but aggravation. If you continue with your attitude you will have an extended holiday and be awarded the much coveted WL boxes.

Barrett has released a new sniper rifle called the Model 98Bravo.  inlove.gif   .338 Lapua magnum goodness.  Model that BORS system on the 98B with the Schmidt & Bender scope...sweet.  Check out their website: Model 98 Bravo

GD Mast

Get off A.C.E mods dick, ya band wagon whore.  Truth hurts bro.  They shot down the idea I stated it.  Don't like what I said well thats too fucking bad I have the right to say what I want and I fight to keep my right day in and day out.  If B.I Forums wants to intervine and tell me I can't swear and hurt your pathetic heart well thats up to them.  But you sir, can conduct a right face and choke yourself.

Pathetic icon_rolleyes.gif

They didn't car for your idea because they owe you nothing.  "Truth hurts bro" right back at you wink_o.gif

As you can see, childish outbursts don't do you any favours here smile_o.gif

Hello! I would like to see some new Infantry units. ArmA has now got a lot good and different unit addons. But still there is allways something about them that i miss. So my suggestion for an addon, would be to make a couple of new models, new helmets, sun glasses, goggles, wests etc, and new camo. Us Soldier i know there is CMCD's 1st infantry units etc with the new helmets, even his models could be the base for this addon, i would just like to see new camo, like the 6 color desert (already in arma, but it looks crappy) acu (also in arma, but make it look more real) BDU (same as with the acu) 3 color desert and so on. Hope you understand what i am trying to say. I have tried to do this myself with BIS models but that did not work out that well...

Personally I'd love to have a small set of british soldiers, from like say the 70's 80's. For use in a fictional small conflict. tounge2.gif

Get off A.C.E mods dick, ya band wagon whore.  Truth hurts bro.  They shot down the idea I stated it.  Don't like what I said well thats too fucking bad I have the right to say what I want and I fight to keep my right day in and day out.  If B.I Forums wants to intervine and tell me I can't swear and hurt your pathetic heart well thats up to them.  But you sir, can conduct a right face and choke yourself.

Why are pieces of art like this allowed to pollute these forums? 48hr post restriction? This guy's an ass, why should he be allowed to continue posting at all? The forum would be better if jackassery like this was put down outright.