Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

oh I like the idea of the RT-20 or even the NTW-20.

@Avimimus

You can make those rebel troops easily by writing a config patch

Anyway, is anyone working on North Korean units/vehicles or at the very least an asian face pack?

edit:

Lets make this a proper request and I'll say an asian face pack

wasnt there aisian faces in fromz's chineese troops?

With the release of the latest hunting sim: "Deer Hunter Tournament", I still think ArmA needs huntable animals like deer, elk, moose, bear, rabbit, etc.

Like this:

DH_AA_k.jpg

No hunting fans in the ArmA community?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

With the release of the latest hunting sim: "Deer Hunter Tournament", I still think ArmA needs huntable animals like deer, elk, moose, bear, rabbit, etc.

But in ArmA we can hunt human prey...muhahahah!

Apropos hunting; I offered a nice Remington hunting rifle

model to the "community" a while ago. WIBNI someone

wanted to have a go at finishing it. I can even donate a

couple of telescope reticules too for it if required (I have

a 30/30 and a couple of types of post reticule already).

@ Nov. 11 2008,11:43)]What I would like to see is a buffalo MRAP / MPCV .. It surprise me that no one ever mentionned any MRAP vehicules on this forum.

Heres some pics of the buffalo. http://picasaweb.google.com/purephil/BUFFALOSMRAPMPCV#

I would be willing to paypal 20$ to anyone who could model a good looking 1 !

phil-

check the Iraq:modern warfare mod....or the bushwars guys

but it would be nice to have a mine clearing vehicle to do some arma "Iron Claw" missions

I second seeing GSG-9, SEK or a similar German/European group made. We have American-based SWAT but no map to go with them. Same with ATF and other such agencies..

as far as i know Poland is in Europe too :P

so when you say about European SWAT/Police addon - than such addon exist, but it is part of Polish army addon :P

Quote[/b] ]Anybody making a M40A3 sniper rifle (or even the M40A1)?   I was hoping that someone would port over Kurtz & Silverguy M40A3 but Col Kurtz and Silverguy can't be reached.  I did ask a well known modder to do it but he won't without the permission from Kurtz or Silverguy.  sad_o.gif

M40A1 is in my pack since over month

Like this:

DH_AA_k.jpg

No hunting fans in the ArmA community?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

I have the project to try animate legs for animals wink_o.gif

I second seeing GSG-9, SEK or a similar German/European group made. We have American-based SWAT but no map to go with them. Same with ATF and other such agencies..

as far as i know Poland is in Europe too :P

so when you say about European SWAT/Police addon - than such addon exist, but it is part of Polish army addon :P

That's very true, there are units in game already then, and good representations in my opinion. I was only hoping that a German equivalent would be made to complement the Schmalfelden map.

The thing I remember especially about SEK (but I'm sure it's the same in any nation) is that there were officers in civilian clothing, with the exception of Police gear such as helmets, vests, and I thought it would be easy to convert several units in ArmA to that along with a uniform force.

As to animals, I think it's a very good idea that would add a natural atmosphere to the game. It may be a lot of work animating each animal correctly and setting it into game but well worth it.

It would be a fun mission to go on a hunt, having to pursue your prey. How would you go about setting up the behavior in the config so that it acts as a true animal?

Maybe someone could make a retexture of joh marines using some good BDU textures? Maybe ones from joh SF? Of course everything under johny's permission.

I have the project to try animate  legs for animals  wink_o.gif

Maybe a first step to see more animals in arma.

It would be great to have more ambient wildlife on the islands!

Yesterday I found this addon on my harddrive, never tested it.

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=1265

It's great!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

cool downloading now wink_o.gif

I founed this on dailymontion :

http://www.dailymotion.com/lodu11

smile_o.gif

Are there any stand-alone cold war addons? I know about CWR and P85, but I'm looking for stuff avialable right now.

There's US woodland troops, East German infantry, Vilas has made a lot of stuff - there's plenty around mate...

Armaholic or ArmedAssault.info smile_o.gif (among other websites)

is there any way of getting the MOWAG without installing the mod?

could anyone do a pilatus PC-9 plane?

#Request#

Generic BIS 5 tonner with an armoured plate kit fitted and two (2) HMGs or GPMGs fitted, one over the flat bed section and one over the crew cab's passenger seat.

If possible cargo anims that would put the mounted troops in the back in decorative "firing positions"

MOWAG Piranha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mowag_Piranha

and in the irish army texture please  biggrin_o.gif

FFAA mod has one.... you just need to reskin it

That would be a Piranha IIIC I believe the young man is looking for a IIIH model as used by Ireland. New Zealand, Switzerland and of course as the basis of the Stryker.

The problem is Irish Piranha's are configured quite differently in reality and the basic infantry model uses a manual FVT 800 turret which I do not believe is in use on any other IIIHs in the world.

The Blink will need to find himself an enthuasiastic modeller to start with. l

Once again I would like to request more military themed architecture for full-scale bases and such. More barracks stuff, tents, etc. Also in desert tan and a green instead of having to use desert-centric stuff in the middle of lively green woodland maps.

Getting so desperate, been eying turbosquid lol. nener.gif

MOWAG Piranha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mowag_Piranha

and in the irish army texture please  biggrin_o.gif

FFAA mod has one.... you just need to reskin it

That would be a Piranha IIIC I believe the young man is looking for a IIIH model as used by Ireland. New Zealand, Switzerland and of course as the basis of the Stryker.

The problem is Irish Piranha's are configured quite differently in reality and the basic infantry model uses a manual FVT 800 turret which I do not believe is in use on any other IIIHs in the world.

The Blink will need to find himself an enthuasiastic modeller to start with. l

aye your right

the Irish ones are made for roles better suiting peace-keeping ops

but know we are getting more remote weapon systems on-board like the arma stryker (except TOW versions)

the turret which is seen more most on Irish army mowag's is being phased out but many numbers of them still remian

MOWAG Piranha

the Irish ones are made for roles better suiting peace-keeping ops

but know we are getting more remote weapon systems on-board like the arma stryker (except TOW versions)

the turret which is seen more most on Irish army mowag's is being phased out but many numbers of them still remian

Errr,

Not quite old chap.

The IIIH is a rather warry version, the FVT800s are not being phased out, they simply haven't bought any more infantry versions whereas later purchases have been corps specific, namely cavalry vehicles with RWS or 30mm Turrets.

The Reason for the choice of the FVT800 - apart from RWS not being very widely used at the time of purchase was that a one man turret was required to allow the APCs carry a proposed ten man section. (and it was cheap and not too scary for the rape-enablers...I mean pacifists)

Anyway, this isn't the topic for it.

I just came here looking for a generic gun truck.

[...] I just came here looking for a generic gun truck.

Dunno if they are entirely what you had in mind, but

the "Conflict Zone Mindanao" mod has some gun truck

models in an advanced state of development. They have a

dev' thread on this forum. Their artwork looks of very high

quality.