Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

Good Day Gents,

I would like to see an Tank defence system if Possible.

The Idea is basicly if you designate a tank in RL with an Laser Marker the Tank is able to recognize it and will swing the main gun in the according direction and Fires on it. I´m not quite sure how this could be solved but I guess there are gents around who will be able to make it.

Kind Regards

Sonnette [sgtCf] @ Aug. 23 2008,10:47)]Good Day Gents,

I would like to see an Tank defence system if Possible.

The Idea is basicly if you designate a tank in RL with an Laser Marker the Tank is able to recognize it and will swing the main gun in the according direction and Fires on it. I´m not quite sure how this could be solved but I guess there are gents around who will be able to make it.

Kind Regards

I can remember that feature was more or less included into the XAM mod 1.4 version.

I have a question, maybe someone can help.

I would like to ask, is it possible to create "airsoft weapons" for arma?

Maybe:

A new ammo config, based on the original BIS weapons(or weapon pack addons) with:

- very small recoil

- aeg sound(automatic electric gun)

- different magazines (milsim, lowcap, midcap, highcap, boxmag, etc.)

- ammo with short range ~50meter

- slow flying speed

- special tracer that look like the white bb's

- no or minimum damage***

*** What would it look like if you get hit with such ammo?

Would it be possible to create a loud "I'm Hit!" sound for the ammo, when it hits another player/ai?

---

I know, it's a stupid idea, but I would like to know is it's possible.

Thank you all.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

the UKF SA80 BFA do a similiar job in that they cause zero damage, but you can still be 'hit' by them. To expand on them from your wish list you'd just need to cut the muzzle velocity and the range.

as for a "I'm hit", it would be possible if you made a few 'airsoft' troops with a hit eventhandler that played that sound (or you could add the hit evenhandler to all soldier classes if you wanted to have it global)

I wonder if it would be possible to make a mod that replaces the tab lock firing scheme with one that makes it so the missiles aren't fire and forget.. like, if you change targets, the missile will also change targets. This would make it a little closer to saclos or laser guided missiles, and would reduce the rate at which a helicopter can destroy a column of tanks.

I've a question, someone can do (or if this mod yet exist can link to me please), a truck for the RACS? After the unification of Sahrani i think that the Ural and the other North Sahrani vehicle are going to South Sahrani, than, someone can do this vehicle for RACS?

Thank, Bye.

Luca.

Frantz @ Aug. 23 2008,17:21)]I can remember that feature was more or less included into the XAM mod 1.4 version.

Good day Gents,

First off all thanks for the quick info Franz.

Hmm I basicly didn´t know that thanks for the info though will take a look into it. I guess it would be a nice stand alone Addon though since this would make it way more challanging to designate a tank and would force teamplay between Pilot and Ground assets.

@Franz

I basicly tested it with XAM 1.4 and you got a rangefinder integrated but Tank still doesn´t react on the Laserbeam so not sure but I guess it is not implemented.

Kind Regards

Sonnette [sgtCf] @ Aug. 24 2008,06:23)]
Frantz @ Aug. 23 2008,17:21)]I can remember that feature was more or less included into the XAM mod 1.4 version.

@Franz

I basicly tested it with XAM 1.4 and you got a rangefinder integrated but Tank still doesn´t react on the Laserbeam so not sure but I guess it is not implemented.

Kind Regards

Oh ok sorry, all I could remember was that we could press a button to automatically turn the turret towards the threat. confused_o.gif

I there a sample config available with all possible entries that can be set for a pistol/rifle?

I would like to realise the "airsoft" idea, but I need to understand the config values.

Thanks.

MfG Lee

I would quite like to see more civilian vehicles (Aircraft especially), and more civilians themselves.

Would be nice to be able to populate maps with a wider variety of ambient civilian life.

I am working on a Iraq Warfare Mission.

I used Wp_insurgents for east.. gave them civil cars and cars with mg's from Queens gambit... lowered all costs.. etc.

I planted many IEDs randomly at roads

I added vcp s on some main streets -out of city or spawn radius-

for west i used joh_ marines and nzx humvees, McN desert vehicles, desert bradley etc.

I moved the whole warfare mission to mapfacts desert saralite.

But, problem is... the mapfact saralite is the old saralite version from the demo and many roads are missing compared to the united sarahlite .... and AI is very confused

So I would beg you or anyone for a desert version of the united south sahrani notworthy.gif

Anyone working on medium-size desert map with roads and ruins?

I'm considering my next mod project.  Would appreciate thoughts on either:

- E-2C Hawkeye

- P-3 Orion (Probably RNZAF's P-3K2 Orion upgrade)

- DDG / Frigate

- Aircraft Carrier

- A-4K Skyhawk (RNZAF)

- B-1B Bomber

- B-2 Bomber

- F-15

- F-16

- F-35

- NH-90 (again RNZAF)

I prefer doing the fast small jets (faster turnaround in modelling), but I note that many have already been done.  I'm keen to hear feedback from people as to what would be more useful.  At this stage, I am probably leaning towards the B-1B Bomber but I don't know if this will be of practical use.

- E-2C Hawkeye

- DDG / Frigate

- Aircraft Carrier

- A-4K Skyhawk (RNZAF)

- B-1B Bomber

- B-2 Bomber

- F-15

- F-16

- F-35

- NH-90 (again RNZAF)

I prefer doing the fast small jets (faster turnaround in modelling), but I note that many have already been done.  I'm keen to hear feedback from people as to what would be more useful.  At this stage, I am probably leaning towards the B-1B Bomber but I don't know if this will be of practical use.

The most usefull and practical one in the list would be the NH90. Jets and bombers can often take off from 2 to 3 runways of the island.. the helicopter can land and take-off anywhere you like. wink_o.gif

I really doubt this is possible, but it's worth a shot.

would it be possible to implement some kind of weather system?

perhaps make it so when the weather is say, at the far left of the slider in the editor there could be a wind effect that affects aircraft, and projectiles too (probably not possible). but it would be interesting trying to fly around in a warzone having to worry about being blown off course, or trying to land on a carrier with gale force winds hitting your aircraft. maybe there could be a hurricane made with particle effects that damages nearby units?

All that you describe is possible. There is a stand alone wind mod for projectiles already. For aircraft, a system like you describe will be implimented in a forthcoming total conversion mod.

- E-2C Hawkeye

- DDG / Frigate

- Aircraft Carrier

- A-4K Skyhawk (RNZAF)

- B-1B Bomber

- B-2 Bomber

- F-15

- F-16

- F-35

- NH-90 (again RNZAF)

I would love to see the B-1B bomber and the P-3. I believe someone is working on the F-35 but if you want to go for it.

Great work on the C-130! My guys are chomping at the bit to use it. If you need some test help, you got my e-mail. Here are some suggestions:

Jets -

C-17 --- This one has been done once in OFP. But it was never really have a cargo hold or even a ramp if I remember correctly.

E-3 Sentry

E-8 Joint Stars

A CH-53 Pave Low would be nice

Once again Great work!

I too would like to see the NH-90.  It would be a great addition to RNZAF or any country.

I am looking for permission to use the models of FischKoopp ( Semper Fidelis Addons ) in his ofp CH-53 pack. I would like to convert them to ARMA. Unfortunately i am unable to get into contact with him. So i am requesting the help of our addon community to help me track him down.

OK, here's something I would LOVE to see in ArmA and am actually dying for! G36K with the picattiny assembly instead of the regular handlebar and an Eotech attached. G36A SAW version with the 100rnd CMAG and the attached bipod and a G36A DMR version featuring a Leupold 10X sight, cast barrel, 20 rnd magazine and of course a bipod.

Cheers

I would love to see something that is really simple but very useful.

It's just a flat Sahrani dirt coloured layer that can be put onto maps to create the illusion of dusty and dirty areas. We have many maps that have been converted from OFP but too many of them are just grassy green landscapes. A dirt layer could placed via the editor anywhere.

I can't do it, simpla as it seems but there is a template in the game already. It's the rust spot/oil spot. Could it be possible to take the object, stretch it and cover it with a new texture of BIS dirt?

If so, I'd love for someone to do it. Perhaps a pack of them in different sizes.