Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

isn't that an EOD suit? (or at leas the top half of one)... are they using these to protect gunners now?

I'm not too sure if the top of the EOD is part of the cupola gunner protective ensemble. Looks phat though. smile_o.gif

I have no idea what this armor is called.

But I read somewhere that this is the armor the gunner wears on city patrols, but I can't find the page anymore.

It looks like the armor 'bomb disarmer guys' are wearing.

What I found:

Gunner Armor

and

Gunner Armor pic

Cupola Protective Ensemble

The CPE consists of the following:

• Base jacket

• Sleeves (left and right) with rigid composite inserts (forearm and bicep)

• Blast plate assembly – chest and groin

• Rear blast plate

• Pants and integrated groin protector (IGP)

• Removable explosive ordnance disposal collar

• Optional neck/nape guard

• Visor System worn with Personnel Armor System Ground Troops (PASGT) or Army Combat Helmet (ACH)

• Hand Guards

cpe4-thumb.jpg

yeah, it does look similiar, hence my initial post - how strange. I've not see any pics of it before, even with extensive trawling of MP.net when I'm bored. Wouldn't want to be wearing it and trying to get out of a vehicle quickly, for whatever reason, although the legs seem less restricted.

A padlock target camera would be a nice addon for those who aren't lucky enough to own trackir.

Hmmm... anybody so kind to create BIS quality RACS reskin of BIS Ural-375/4320 support trucks? Only textures should change, I can create the config for them  wink_o.gif  RACS is certainly missing 5Ts...

How about a camera for recon teams? Use one of the NVgoggles or binocs slots and maybe anims for holding it up. Probably couldn't get it to take any photos but could maybe script it to be necessary to to use the thing on a recon mission to complete an objective or something. I'm sure I remember something similar for OFP but I may be wrong.

Well I'd like to see a full Route Clearance addon set. We've got some up-armoured humvee's already out. So what we'd need is the following:

RG-31 (MRAP) : http://cfs3.tistory.com/upload_....mpwZw==

Huskey : http://www.arcent.army.mil/cflcc_today/2008/april/images/apr07_10/09_01.jpg

And of course a Buffalo : http://www.krcg.com/uploadedImages/krcg/News/buffalo.jpg

I think a route clearance set of addons would really create some interesting missions inside of Armed Assault. Myself being a 21 bravo combat engineer, if you're unfortunate enough to get put into a Heavy Mechanized unit you get the plessure of conducting route clearance missions for hours at a time. Using these viechles. We hunt IED's and EFP's and work the same routes for months, or even the whole deployment. Its a fucked up job, and not a lot of people know about the MOS in the civilian world but uh yeah man someone definetly needs to create these addons. It'd be appreciated.

@zGuba:

You mean something like this?

Ural_Racs.jpg

Very basic repaint using the desert civilian textures that are already ingame and the Ural Reammo truck MLOD.

However as I'm no great modeler and have very few to no experience with Oxygen, I would need somebody to tell me how to get everything on that model to work, for example:

- I want to get rid of that BI logo on the side of the driver cabin

- Wheels arent turning

- Not sure, but I think the lights arent working either

So if somebody could enlighten me what/where to do, or even better yet if I could send it to somebody for fixing!

I'm looking for a very simple and basic James Bond kit.

- Suitcase (Walther PPK/Martini/Silencer).

- Tuxedo.

- A Connery resemblance as the face model.

For the RACS Support Urals I would need a talented skinner who's able to convert the tan green skins of the SLA Urals to the desert colour shown above...

Anybody interested?

For the RACS Support Urals I would need a talented skinner who's able to convert the tan green skins of the SLA Urals to the desert colour shown above...

Anybody interested?

Maybe you could have a try? It aint that hard that there would be need for a talented texture artist. Just follow the instructions on this page. (Read my post there and the posts below.) wink_o.gif

was wondering if anyone has made, is in progress of making or knows of a humvee pack which makes them faster? especially over grass. cheers

Cewing

In Operation Flashpoint, there was a Scud launcher that had Nuclear capabilities, much like the one currently in ArmA, but it also had a biological agent that spread like a gas and had a script which could infect and wait in the enemy (which would spread it further). They would slowly die from hemorrhaging. (I think it was a blue mist when the Scud hit the ground). There was also a chemical agent, and that was just a green smoke grenade's textures made to spread in the wind and it would damage the surrounding troops.

There were even NBC suits that could make it so the script would only take into account the physical damage of this weapon.

Is it possible we could have an update on our ArmA nuke so that we can get chem and biological weapons? Here is the addon, I'm sure the author wouldn't have problems with some reverse engineering.

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file....r;38315

Quote[/b] ]Features

------------

Realistic Nuke,

Dynamic Radiation,

EMP Blast,

Chemical Carnage,

HE Warhead

We already have the realistic nuke and dynamic radiation. We don't have an HE version of the Scud, which would be nice, and we also don't have the biological chemical.

It shouldn't be hard. The models are already done, all that's left is the scripting.

Project RACS will have some very nice Mercedes trucks for you..... no need for the Urals.....

A bomb disposal addon would be pretty cool.

And some IEDs besides satchels.

Yeah. So when you place a satchel charge an IED type object is placed instead. They wouldnt be as visible and could still be defused.

There is allready 2 IED addons, and 1 UXO addon... Search!

I would like to request something like a M109 with the real arty sytem added!! crazy_o.gif

Dont know how CoC are doing, if they are still making addons for arma, but the arty stuff they made for OFP would be the dogs B. for arma!

smile_o.gif

There is allready 2 IED addons, and 1 UXO addon... Search!

My premium folder of addons is nearing 8 gigs, I know exactly what IEDs and UXO you're talking about. The UXO/IED pack has a small problem -- they're just satchels reskinned as garbage and bodies (the objects clip with the ground as well). The other IED is just a Howitzer shell partially buried. It asks that you place a script on it in the editor. I followed the instructions and it did not explode. I was not the only one reporting this, many others were as well.

Would anyone be interested in doing a mod based on the korean war 1950-53?

Would anyone be interested in doing a mod based on the korean war 1950-53?

I'd be interested in just a F-86 Sabre. We already have a nice MiG15.