Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

Missing some sniper mod with this:

-  spotter scope

- Wind deflection addon ( allready excists ) smile_o.gif

- Own voices for sniper and spotter. Just a little bit calmer

than the existing ones. Mabey the sniper only could

point out a target, not not the range to it.

- Adjustable ( its that right spelled ? ) sight for sniper

Spotter tells the range, wind and sniper clicks his

scope.  

( Dont know if this is possible )

Missing the feeling of a sniper team out on mission. This would make it fun to play as spotter aswell. More planing before taking shot.

My deepest and most sincere appologies for not browsing all 82 pages of this thread but my 2.6 Kbps dialup connection (Ahhh, the Rural Ozarks...)would make that process take all week.

I've downloaded virtually every stand alone objects pack / editor update etc. I've been able to find since ArmA came out and to date I have yet to find a good, simple, easy to place (Editor silouette icon matches with positioning of object in game) 1m.Lx1m.Hx.333m.D section of straight Sandbag wall. Something tall enough to prevent it from being walked over, yet not so tall as to prevent things like Static M2's having issues aquiring targets beyond it. (Dont get why BIS didn't have that in the editor from day 1. Sure the unspooled razor wire looks cool and all, but not so good in the "provides cover from small arms fire" department.)

Serious buisness aside, I think an addon pack themed after the "Mars Attacks" movie could lead to some serious fun, provided someone can get the "Ack-Ack-a-Rack!" Martian chat in .wss format and mapped to the OpFor voices.  yay.gif

Mabey another based on the Twilight 2000 RPG could be interesting, custom objects (or mabey as custom weapons crates as there was that script for loading crates to vehicles I spotted some months ago, would be "more realistic" to load a crate-sized object) to be used as salvagable raw materials at the players base camp / town for the making of crude weapons & equipment (Sawed off shotguns, Pistol-Crossbow gloves {Ahhh, the Road Warrior,,,} Nice variety of off-the-shelf hunting rifles, A-Team style dune buggies and such) That SPON-Money script should be adaptable to where materials are sorted, gathered and stored as is with currency now, so instead of just $ prices for objects at a shop, one would need, wood, metal, plastic resources and so-forth.

But yea', some small, short stacks of sandbag's would be great for starters, mabey some brick and cordwood sections of the same AI-friendly dimensions too?  notworthy.gif

Sorry if I've rambled but as mentioned, Rural Ozarks, I've got lots of time on my hands till May.   thumbs-up.gif

Someday I'll get around to working with O2, but for now I'm still getting "up to speed" (if there really is such a thing. lol) with the editor and scripting.

HI evey one i got a nice mod idea!!!

like this

you are driving a hummve and you get hit by a rocket what happens it explos and you die but it would be very cool if you can survive a hit if it dont hit you side for example!

the same thing whit choppers... that you can emergency land them and get very injurd instead of just die all the time!!!!

plz i cant do mods and i dont know how it works but maybe you guys know so i think THIS IS A KICK AS IDEA!!! and plz some one got to do this!!!

from Swe Fidde from the {SWAT} CLAN http://www.freewebs.com/major99/index.htm

Edited by SWEFIDDE on Mar. 31 2008,17:28

It's possible that an addon can be tweaked to have you survive a crash and even uninjured, the question is wether or not the helicopter itself is built for that survival.

I seem to recall hearing players talk of having autorotated

damaged helicopters (or at least having performed the ArmA

flight model's analogue to that manoeuvre), so apparently

taking damage while flying a heli in ArmA is not a sentence of

certain death.

From what I understand of the other request it would seem

to effectively be asking for an overhaul of the damage

system. This has already been been discussed (inconclusively)

elsewhere on this forum.

Having use the auto-rotation technique to survive multiple times of being hit by AA and missile fire, I can directly attest to the fact that I've survived injured after being hit, by AI, tk attempts, and clipping objects such as lines and trees/poles.

Auto-rotation works in ArmA. It's a fact, and I've witnesses on MP that have landed in wonder how I did it.

Came in here to make a request after search did not pull up the addon in mind.

RPG-29V "Vampir" Russian AT infantry wpn. reloadable 6 inventory box ammo. 750dmg, range same as RPG-7V/VR (wikipedia claims same range as RPG-7V @500m. Worldguns.ru claims double RPG-7VR, which is @400m).

This is the wpn that would've been what the Carl Gustav was in OFP, which had exaggerated stats. CG should only do 500 dmg.

However, this AT wpn has no lock on ability.

Used in Lebannon by Hezbollah against Merkava's and M113's, and by Iraqi insurgents in Iraq vs Challengers and M1A2's. Even though Russia denies the sale.

My apologies to Skaven & Shadow NX & CMD, authors of the Russian Federation Units mod. What is shameful is that I actually am running it right now as I play. EVO just doesn't use it. The RFU mod actually has a RPG-27, a 1 shot 200m range 750 dmg AT launcher.

OK, tried out the RPG-27, and 22. Nice that it drops when used, but using 4x2box inventory ammo to represent 1 round of un-reloadable ammo for the RPG-27...well. Isn't it better if it were a 6 box ammo instead? I'm not sure on the damage that's been implemented, but could some detail be added to the model? like the sight, or tube instructions label, or the carrying strap? It's just pretty plain on it's own.

Ah yes autorotation..good times good times...I remember one time MP we flew over an SLA base which our spotter failed to mention, had a shilka..well we got hit hard, fuel was leaking hard, tail rotor was busted and engine was damaged, we were falling... Managed to 'safely' land the blackhawk with autorotation between two structures, I didn't have anywhere else to land unfortunately since there was water everywhere and no larger spaces between structures, only two were wounded and the helicopter never blew up.

Here is a somewhat instructional video about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EmKT6R6oDQ

A few things to keep in mind, you don't have to give up if you lose your tail rotor, for awhile you may have to fight with it but you gain speed your helicopter will straighten out.

Now whenever your engine fails, quickly press and hold the Z key (or whichever key you use to decelerate) down, this will keep the rotors spinning, if you let go of this then yours pretty much a deadman. You can make some hard and fast landing with autorotation but its usually best not to tempt it.

Hi, i wish that someone could script a Queen's Gambit Editor Upgrade that only unlocks or allow you to place 'em in the ground

and without other dependency than the Queen's Gambit itself.

There're some few new objects in the QG that could serve well for

fill all those empty spaces in Sahrani or in United Sahrani. Let's C ya

Hey does anyone know whether it is possible to integrate a sort of post effects system in Arma that would allow colour correction?

I was watching a video from Operation Realism and seeing it I thought how much better everything looked, along with great new effects from Maddmatt, with slightly increased contrast and yellow tinge. So what I am asking is if there is a way to get this effect in arma. Check out this link to see what I mean.

http://www.vimeo.com/814929

Also anyone know what sound mod that video is using?

Hi, what i'll like to know is which are those real G36 sights and where

to get 'em, more than the moded sounds. Let's C ya

I know someone has mentioned WP ammunition before so that gave me an idea.

Does a group of people want to get together for a relatively small legnth of time to focus on making universal shells, as in, just making ammo types for use by other addons?

It means existing addons can be reconfigured to fire the new ammo and addon makers can use this stuff and spend more time on their own models etc.

The models will be easy to make, its getting the config and explosion effects right thats important. If we could make things like 105 and 155 mm artillery shells for WP, smoke etc, as well as cluster bomblets with a new explosion to look more convincing than the current release then I think it would push addon makers to make the weapons that fire them.

After just watching this video of an ambush on US soldiers.

I cannot help think that the sounds in this video and the

volume of the weapons, but must importantly the sound

the SAW makes in this video is fucking awesome.

Too bad we cannot have it like this video in arma.

(non graphic)

Click

Ambush on US soldiers on Foot, liveleak. (very good video btw)

After just watching this video of an ambush on US soldiers.

I cannot help think that the sounds in this video and the

volume of the weapons, but must importantly the sound

the SAW makes in this video is fucking awesome.

Too bad we cannot have it like this video in arma.

Don't any of the several sound mods capture that popgunny

SAW sound then? I thought they were meant to be good.

I agree about the volume, though. I pumped up the volume

a little bit on my WIP addon guns and it makes a huge

difference. Awesome when the section enthusiastically and

loudly "wins the firefight" - one almost can't hear the enemy's

pathetic, flatulent BIS AK74 sounds or the electric-typewriter

noise of that Russki gimpy over the din.   wink_o.gif   You cannot,

of course, represent the real volume (lest one goes

deaf), but you can suggest the "quality" of it.

I'l like to request some more things for creating nice bases and checkpoints. biggrin_o.gif

Id like someone to try to make a Viper Mk7 off battlestar galactica, the new series.

id like to someone make some USAF Security Force units it would go pretty nice with the stargate addons and that cheyenne mountan addon colonel well is making

DF-SD-04-09472.JPG

Hi, i wish that someone could script a Queen's Gambit Editor Upgrade that only unlocks or allow you to place 'em in the ground

and without other dependency than the Queen's Gambit itself.

There're some few new objects in the QG that could serve well for

fill all those empty spaces in Sahrani or in United Sahrani. Let's C ya

+1

Looking for something like that, too.

MfG Medicus

Few Suggestions for modmakers with alot a free time wink_o.gif

A multitude of civillian boats.

A mountain bike.

Something like a Sports Stadium/arena would be pretty cool. As seen in the old DFBHD game.

A  castle/fort thats very usable and different from the ingame offering.

Hot air balloon wink_o.gif

Pipelines.

BM-21 "Grad"   pistols.gif

Arma can be played X2 and X4 times faster than normal, but would it be possible to get X0.5 there. inlove.gif

(More mod than addon but anyways)

It's nice to put civilian Ambulance and doctor... And a SAR Heli...

One thing that ArmA really misses is an: M2A2/M3A2 Bradley IFV.

Anybody working on one?

m2a2bradleydz4.jpg