Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

i also support the BM-21 or a smerch would be great, cuz ther's a great lack of suck weapons in arma.

Quote[/b] ]The release of Queen's Gambit answered one of my prayers: Characters with a bit of an individual look to them. One thing I always found a bit unfortunate - but a hundred percent understandable and not at all a problem - with Operation Flashpoint and Armed Assault; was that each soldier was a faceless, anonymous piece of cannonfodder. This was, of course, a neccessity. The game was to be a combat sim with soldiers and tanks fighting realistic battles. No G.I Joe kind of soldiers who seemingly didn't know what the word "Uniform" meant.

However; the way those six/seven mercenaries in Queen's Gambit all have an individual flair to them made me happy. They looked like individual characters with a bit of a personality to them - particularily the leader and the Santa Claus character - and making them a band of mercs was an excellent "excuse" for them to have them look a bit unconvetional in nature.

So I've been looking around for individual/unconventional -looking characters. I've just downloaded Shaw;

( http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;�top )

...and am searching through the entire internet for more. No luck so far. ArmA has a lot of character addons; but they're usually different real-world armies with vehicles and equipment. Probably awesome if you've been laying awake at night, wondering exactly what shade of green the Norwegian army has on their uniforms, but for me personally... meh. No offense and so on. wink_o.gif

So perhaps this thread could help me get a hold of a few character addons that I've somehow missed; or maybe even inspire some addon makers? wink_o.gif

So... yeah.

i also support the BM-21 or a smerch would be great, cuz ther's a great lack of suck weapons in arma.

Vilas makes lots of suck weapons.

rofl.gif

Now, now, Vilas makes excellent stuff! Really! Why are you laughing? STOP IT!

Whether or not Vilas's addons are deemed good by some is not the point. Its the fact that at least he's creating something for the community. But back on topic.

I really don't care if this has been requested I will request it once more. What I would like to see in Armed Assault would be A Special Forces group with Bulky gear, and I'm talking geared up. I would love to see them with not the default size model as well. The height is fine, but for them to look good they need to be really bulky as I stated.

Similar to this picture here,

http://news.soc.mil/releases/News%20Archive/2007/April/view.jpg

Even tho this is merely a toy figure, I found it upon googling Special Forces. I'd love to have the sleeveless arms with all that gear.

http://www.ultimatetoys.com.my/New....ge.jpeg

So if some body can I ask you please to use these as reference and create this would be epic addon.

XM8 was caned because it was decided that, it was no better than the M4 so the yanks stopped poring money into it. So it will never be used by a front line fighting force.

Wrong, it was actually canned because of legal issues (US army was legally obliged to prefer U.S based manufactures, in this case, Colt). It had showed an improvement over the M16 however, not the 100% improvement they were aiming for.

However this isn't the place to discuss whether or not an addon should be made because of it's real world counterparts, there's no such thing as a uber duber infantry ported laser cannon in real life, but if someone wants to make that, go right ahead. Same applies to the XM8.

@St!gar...

It's not for lack of inspiration you are not seeing more character models.

While, Jahve's & Jonny's efforts are very good they are not adding or subtracting much from the characters geometry.

This is for a number of reasons that i won't bore you with, but suffice it to say they are animation related and per vertex weighting.

The 'work' involved in these two areas is substantial and with the current BIS tools is far to onerous. Which, would be quite ok if there was a reliable means in the tools to import/create these 2 portions of work in other applications and bring it into O2PE - however that is currently not the case and whether BIS decide to rectify this is up for speculation.

I'm working on this problem atm so as to facilate more community content development with regard to characters, but RL is getting in the way.

Principally I have a desire to make characters of different sizes and shapes. However, when we do get to this point there would probably need to be some discussion about some 'other' standard sizes so as to allow anims created by one party to be used by another. Unless BIS have some 'upgrades' planned for the character anims system that enable cross use of anims between different sized char's.

Otherwise you end up with 30 different sized & shaped characters made by 30 different Addon makers all with there individual anim sets clogging up memory... not a nice thought really...

Another point is that most character models tend to be 'hero' pieces - that is they are by and large in the higher quality bracket. And any community members that have a interest in this particular area are usually loath to produce models of poor quality.

These are just some of the issues that is slowing down the community content creation in this area.

I tried a search, so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I'm not quite sure if it's possible... Or if it is, how it would be done.

What I would like to see in ArmA, however, is a simple map protractor that I could freely click-and-drag around the map... As well as a "mechanical pencil," or pen, with which I could draw straight lines on the "paper" map of ArmA along the straight-edge of the open Lensatic compass.

The idea being I could physically triangulate my location and calculate grid coordinates using a map protractor on the "paper" map more precisely, without having a script or "Super GPS" telling me exactly where I am all the time.

Hi, i'll like that someone could take "my" M1911 A1 gun model and

take out a Kimber Combat Warrior from it, with the 10rnds mag and

the RIS plus the slices at the sides of the slide to remove weight

from it and help it to move forward faster. The John's Marines need

it. Let's C ya

P.S: A M1A Scout will be very apreciated too.

a little request

mcnools and solo

you made a great pack

160th soar regiment i love it esspecialy the pilots if you cn please make a replacement pack that those new pilots will replace the regular BIS ugly pilots that would be so awesome and if you can also the blackhawk

Quote[/b] ]Hey there. I'm really sorry if posting in this old thread causes a problem, but I have a question...

Ages ago, I downloaded this AddOn from one of the links, most of whom doesn't seem to work anymore. After installing them, I mean to have been left with the following new units:

I recall the RACS getting some new units, as is the purpose of the AddOn. I don't remember what category you found them in, but I believe they were in "Units > Independants > Skaven's RACS" or something. They included what I remember being units dressed in forest camouflage, desert camouflage and possibly a semi-urban looking set. Also, each faction got a new section of units with so-called "HD" equipment.

In addition; I believe I had a second set of units at the time. If I remember correctly, they were referred to as "Mercenaries", or "Mercs" or something. I particularily remember them having slightly unusual helmets, and the "Rifleman" units being armed with what looked like an AG3 or something.

However, when I recently installed this AddOn again, from the "Armaholic" website, I got a slightly different layout. The new RACS units advertised, were under the "Mercs" -category, there wasn't as many variants as I mean to remember, (Although I may well be wrong in that regard.), and the "Mercenary" units I described - those with the unusual but cool helmets and AG3s - were not to be seen anywhere.

What the hell...? Am I going insane, here? Am I just remembering things? crazy_o.gif

The text above was posted in the following thread: " http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=65148 ".

However; I recieved no reply at all. I figured I'd try here.

Balaclava mask like the newest swat units have that actually cover the face not just a face texture made to look like it.

I want replacement pack too, replacing BIS snipers with those soldiers:

pingu.jpg

pingu.jpg

My wishlist. Cv9030-40,b52, bw mods fennek, some engineer vehicles. sam systems and transport planes for both sides. biggrin_o.gifpistols.gif

Anybody made a replacement pack for the 1.5 version of Johnny's Marines?

And? If you don't like his addons don't download them, it's not brain surgery is it? Continue flamebaiting/trolling and be post restricted, that's not brain surgery either......

Yes, do a search for Operation Northstar on the forums.

i'm looking for :

- warning system for airplanes,helicopters and vehicles about incoming missile (+ possible direction)

- warning system for vehicles about being laser taged (+ possible direction)

i saw some videos about such scripts but i'm unable to find anything else ...

I would love to see an A-10 re-texture with an markings from the 81st Fighter Squadron of the 52nd Fighter Wing, Spangdahlem AFB, Germany.

LIke this A-10