Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

how about a war torn island, you know, like just rubble every where and burnt out vehicles and buildings?

Or even a Post apocalyptic island something like my 'Twilight' island i made for OFP all thous years ago with big desert roads, ruined cities, and fortress's made of junk and scrap.

Might even give island making another shot for ArmA my self come to think of it, I've completely forgotten how to make islands since OFP so might be a bit grueling to relearn it all again. confused_o.gif

I couldn't agree more.

Your island gave me some good hours of fun, but I think something on the likes of how Gorazde was when the Serbs storm in could be more interesting; but that would need some seriously building model editing or creating new ones.

aptn_iraq_karbala_clashes_damaged_buildings_eng_150_5may04012.jpg11.jpg

10.jpg

Some samples from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Also, I was thinking about "Shafts" and "flares" for air units, as counter meassures (CM).

In OFP I noticed that the scripts for CM on air units where based in probabilities and about making the rockets to divert from their targets; but I was thinking about actually stopping the rockets by creating untextured transparent objects that get dropped or cam created by the vehicle, so when the rocket locks on a plane for example, the pilot can fire this flares and with a bit of luck the rocket will impact against one of this objects and explode.

Wouldn't that be more realistic?

how about a war torn island, you know, like just rubble every where and burnt out vehicles and buildings?

Or even a Post apocalyptic island something like my 'Twilight' island i made for OFP all thous years ago with big desert roads, ruined cities, and fortress's made of junk and scrap.

Might even give island making another shot for ArmA my self come to think of it, I've completely forgotten how to make islands since OFP so might be a bit grueling to relearn it all again. confused_o.gif

I couldn't agree more.

Your island gave me some good hours of fun, but I think something on the likes of how Gorazde was when the Serbs storm in could be more interesting; but that would need some seriously building model editing or creating new ones.

Some samples from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Also, I was thinking about "Shafts" and "flares" for air units, as counter meassures (CM).

In OFP I noticed that the scripts for CM on air units where based in probabilities and about making the rockets to divert from their targets; but I was thinking about actually stopping the rockets by creating untextured transparent objects that get dropped or cam created by the vehicle, so when the rocket locks on a plane for example, the pilot can fire this flares and with a bit of luck the rocket will impact against one of this objects and explode.

Wouldn't that be more realistic?

Are you joking? you even know how flares and chaffs work? Missile doesn't actually hit them.... They just divert missile from targeting your engines. So how it was made in OFP is more realistic.

My apologies, I'm not expert  tounge2.gif

I always though that chaffs divert radar guided missiles and then they'll blow because I thought that chaffs are small solid objects that when a fast moving missile collides with them would make the weapon explode due to damage.

I also thought that flares divert heat seeking missiles, and because some of them missiles use a proximity detonation system they'll explode thinking that they actually reached the target.  sad_o.gif  huh.gif

Oh well, never mind, I think I watched too many films  biggrin_o.gif  LOL, but it would be CAF, init?

But the island thingy is a good request, isn't? whistle.gif

thinking about it I'm guessing my Twilight island could easily be converted to ArmA, all the objects i used to make it with where OFP standard so i didnt use any addon objects. And from what i know a lot of objects and buildings that are in Arma where also in OFP. I dont know if they are named differently however.

If any ones out there with the know how, feel free to try and convert it, link to the island can be found in my sig. (as long as you give appropriate credit of course.)

Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to make a 3rd ACR addon.

Surely there must be many requests to make individual regiments and divisions, so if someone could direct me to the procedures to develop such an addon, I would be very grateful.

Basically I need this patch on an ACU:

3dACRpatch.gif

I was eally hooked on Jagged Alliance 2 and really loved the way you managed resources to make your little squad of mercenaries improve weaponry and skills. Could this somehow be implemented using a campaign or MPmission in ArmA.

I'm thinking something like Domination but on a much larger scale with the possibility to save/load your progress but with similiar objectives. After each successful mission you complete your bank account grows and you can hire a new mercenary to cover your losses and/or hire a chopperpilot etc. Since the save/load feature would be there the respawning wouldn't be neccessary. While in a team you could also change between all team members.

What do you think, would this be doable in ArmA?

But the island thingy is a good request, isn't? whistle.gif

+1

There is definitly a need for islands with lots of "good" spots.

For me, it's getting harder and harder to find good places and new locations for my missions on the standart islands.

MfG Medicus

Well,i remember someone else posting this already,but i would really like to see the Preperation H USMC hueys that they had for OFP,those are surly missed in the games my squad plays..Anyone know if they're being converted/or new ones worked on?

a few things id love to see in arma

ac130 spector gunship

RACS naval units i know gnats working on blufor and opfor ships but maybe give the racs something oldish like a heavily upgraded fletcher Destoyer

Xwings biggrin_o.gif

idk a iowa class battleship biggrin_o.gif

t80U

m60 patton 2000

BIG gun arty like huge guns like germenys rail guns.

203mm Pion self propled arty

anmials

Racs airforce F4 phantoms f8 Crusader. and mirage cheathas

well thats all i got to say for now SO goodnight.gif

ok here we go....personally i would like to see if someone could do a realistic version of the jav because the current one continues to block your line of sight 1 while moving 2 while trying to take a sight picture standing ,kneeling and prone

now in real life a soldier doesnt run around with the CLU (firing device) attached to the javelin the javelin is loaded onto the CLU prior to firing and only takes a second or two to do so maybe somone can model up a javelin where the CLU is not on the javelin only the tube till it has to be used and then the sequence would go from the load then fire

this would reduce blocking of lines of sight and also would be a more realistic javelin imho

also another nice adition would be to add in the alternate fire type (top ) as this would allow the javelin to do what its designed to do and thats attack the weakest armor of tanks and thats always on top

holy sh*t!?!  you people that spend your whole life on forums, pretty much yelling at people the only way you can, by typing in caps, is pretty rediculous... but i guess i can give sympathy for the poor sob who is too lazy to just scroll past or read through someones "misplaced" posts....      banghead.gif

how about scrim helmet coverings? or other false foliage or perhaps real foliage? i like the covering on the idf troops add on. but i have not yet seen scrim.

oh and how about gas masks? notworthy.gif

and panchos...and chemical suits? tounge2.gif

just to let u know there is an addon request thread where u can request what u would like to see being made because ur not supposed to post request in the forum just tought id give u the heads up before they close ur thread

Ahh.. man.. you're gonna get it now! tounge2.gif

1) there is a addon request topic where to write stuff like this!

2) Your image size is over 100kb for the last pic... better resize it asap! crazy_o.gif

RSKL has a working Lynx inhouse beta, I don't think it's textured yet

PUKF is working on a chally

No idea about any oshkosh's

Again stehowson misses the forum... maybe its better to write

"Addon request thread" with capital letters and paint those red?

K i've searched and searched. Does anyone know if theres any mods or anything that change the skins of the SLA team (mainly to iraqi) I kinda wanna play Evoulaton Red as Iraqi lol

If not, then any skins will be better then what they use now, kinda bored of them.

RSKL has a working Lynx inhouse beta, I don't think it's textured yet

PUKF is working on a chally

No idea about any oshkosh's

Yes that is right, we have the Lynx in testing at the moment and its currently not textured.

Has anyone suggested working AN/PEQ-2 devices on the weapons? I've just played with CoD4 demo, and I really liked when I switched my NVGs on, and laser-beams were all around and on the enemies inlove.gif

And how about name tags on soldiers, not just in the notebook's group section...(like having random number plates on cars)

If someone did it, I will take the stones thrown at me, right now I'm too lazy to search biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

is anyone working on a T-55? cuz i think torni's T-55 project is dead ...