Sign in to follow this  
raedor

ArmA Addon request thread

we need different variations of a UH-1 "huey"

a plain one

one with rocket luncher

one with machine guns

one with miniguns

but yeah at least a basic Huey would be awsome since that chopper is still used by the NZ army and the aussies and i guess prolly still use by the US army

The Huey is still in use with the USMC, so that would be a good addon. I think it should be a .50 on one side, and a minigun on the other. And rocket pods ofcourse biggrin_o.gif

I would like to see some HMMWVs with gunnershields and stuff!

and cougars! ( http://www.mod.uk/NR....6x6.jpg )

The Army National Guard still use the single engine version here in California. Perhaps you could make one for the Sahrini's(sp?) military?

Would make perfect sense to include a UH-1Y since the AH-1Z is already in.

I am not a modder in the least since. So I will ask the talented community out there if they could make a OH-58D Kiowa Warrior ADDON. It was in OFP.

Would it be too much to ask for the MMS (TV/TIS/laser) to work from the left seat also?

Thanks.

Scouts Out!!!

How about different ammo types for your weapons? FMJ, AP, SP and the like.

what i would like to see is "ACES" from OFP being ported to Armed Assault...

i didn't test it myself because by the time this addoncame out i was rarely playing ofp whistle.gif

for all those who don't know about ACES, it means

AirCraft Equipment Standard

and allowed you to equip your favorite aircraft with all those bombs and rockets that had been made for other aircraft in OFP..... smile_o.gif

IMHO a must for AC in Armed assault!

CH-53E... I have some great resources if anyone is interested in taking on this project.

SAM sites...

Surprised the Vulcan is the only armoured AA vehicle and the only AA missiles are man portable.

It would be great for mission making!

Also, an F-22 JSF would be awesome wink_o.gif

is anyone thinking of modding the cars and trucks so they are better to drive, because they handle abit sluggishly and are generally abit dodgy to control.

SAM sites...

Surprised the Vulcan is the only armoured AA vehicle and the only AA missiles are man portable.

It would be great for mission making!

Also, an F-22 JSF would be awesome wink_o.gif

I agree

G'day all,

this is my first post but i've neen around the OFP/AA scene for quite some time i'm just taking it to the next step, here is a list of helo add ons i would like and what i think would make the game more challanging and realistic;

-fast rope from all helos, MH-6, MH-60,MH-47 etc

-be able to engage targets while sitting on the side of the little birds.

-the seating configuration changed for the blackhawk, they should be siting on the door and also be able to engage.

-better fligh dynemics for differnt birds.

-a mini map for better and quicker navigation.

if any of these have been made pleas let me know, i look forward to learning more about this side of gaming,

goose.

Hi,

What would be nice to add directly to the ARMA ENGINE (this shoud be made by BIS) :

- Fonctionnal L.A.S.E.R, WIRE, I.R, Guidance for Tanks, Chopper & Plane, also a TOP ATTACK (LOAL & LOBL) fonction for missile launched from armored to hit the target from above (when targeting Heavely Protected Tanks).

- L.A.S.E.R Scrambler (like Shtora), Radio Jammer (for I.E.D), Radar & I.R Jammer (Like AN/ALQ), Anti-A.T Defense System (like Arena, Iron Fist, Trophy) for Units, Car, Tank, Chopper & Plane.

- Artellery Interface (like CoC or XAM), to use it with LASER marker and ARTY unit...

- Primary Sight & Auxiliary Sight for tank (G.P.S & Standard sight), plane (Gun, A.A, A.T sight) & Chopper

- A Gunner Targeting Computer Interface for Plane, Chopper & "Tanks [like the XAM mod or the "M1 Tank Platoon II" Game]"

free_game_big_2.jpg

- A Tactical View Computer Interface for the unit (Zimo-Tech like Project I.G.I / Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter or Multifonction Watch in Splinter Cell) to be able to look at a sector with SAT (Before you attack) [usefull only on Sunny Day, so U.S.N.A Army attack only when the climat is sunny]

grc3pc108.jpg

- Electronic Mines (Splinter Cell III)

- Rank in users profil (so when you play online you be able to drive & pilot the unit [useful for Evolution V3.0])

- P3D using Multiple Texture System (urban, black [night], blue [cop], green, snow, desert, jungle, wood, ocean), the P3D choose texture in fonction of type of map (must be added in MAP CPP), type of sector (localisation) or time of the day...

- Heart Beat & Movement Detector Binocular (Raven Shield Athena Sword / Splinter Cell IV)

- Thermal & Electromagnetical Scope & Binocular (Project IGI, Vegas, Splinter Cell) for hided Tank (Electromagnetical) & Unit (thermal) Long Range Thermal Imager

splinter_cell_3_shader-effekt_sichtfilterbig.jpg

- Fonctionnal Electronical Gun scope, for weapons like FN2000 & OICW [showing Distance, point of impact...] (Splinter Cell & Soldier of Fortune 2)

- Bipod automatically activeted when croushed (like the Sniper in Raven Shield)

- Knife, Gas mask, Lacrymo Grenade, Flash Grenade, Sun glasses

- IR & Laser dot (AN-PEQ), Gun Light, Custom

udaje%5Cnavody%5C5%5C5772_img34.jpg

igi2a.jpg

The detail make great game

Long Range Thermal Imager

1_IR360_Thermal_Imager_samples.gif

i would like to request a set of late 1990´s US Rangers wearing Woodland BDU´s...

and maybe a C130 to paradrop from smile_o.gif

Like it's already been said, a C-130, Ac-130 just a whole set of 130's tounge2.gif would be really really great.

I have no clue how to do anything like this, but a full blown 'insurgency mod' would be very cool. My idea is like this:

-completely get rid of the "Opfor" class, for the Blufor will completely control the whole map, just have a few Insurgent teams, that will fight against Blufor, and each other (chaos pretty much)

-Put three American bases across the map

-Have safehoues, if you will, inside the larger cities where insurgents will continuously spawn from in certain time periods, and congrengate around, waiting to see an American patrol

-American patrols will leave the bases, and a drive around the cities, lookin for the safehouses to raid

-an addon that allows you to take people prisoner would be great in this

I've been a bit disappointed with the types of civillians available in game.

A good deal of them fit well into the Southern Sahrani portion, however not as well for Northern Sahrani which is a mainly woodland/agricultural region.

I hope that with time, there are more types of civillians available. Farmers, doctors, policemen, and maybe even some punks or something of that sort.

Hello Community,

Firstly, Are there any Addons (or mods) that will be featuring a complete Array of HMMWV Arrangements (Up-armored UAH, and kits with various accessories such as the Boomerang Sniper detection or even Ied Countermeasures such as the Warlock or ICE Jammers)

Also, Im wondering if someone is working on an IED mod, containing all three types of Ieds (roadside bombs; vehicle-borne; and those carried by suicide bombers.) and perhaps even a good addition of the EOD and their various tools and vehicles to fight the new threats?

I know there are a couple of packs of IEDs out there but I was wondering if anyone was taking this a step further and fully adding in the threats and countermeasures and such into the game?

This could be huge in Multiplayer, where someone could sneak behind enemy lines (an opfor unit) and lay down an IED along one of the more-traveled routes for their enemy, and for those of you worried about balance, this is why the Blufor would have the UAH's and EOD squads.

It would be silly to ignore these things, as weve seen how ied's are becomming a large new threat in the modern battlefield and I think that a few of these addons, or even a complete mod featuring these things could add a whole new level of unprecidented realism to Bis's Armed Assault. I would start work on these myself if I had any skills, and that is why I call on the valued members of the community to help smile_o.gif

HMMWV Variations from Wiki

Quote[/b] ]A partial listing of U.S. versions:

M56 Coyote

M707 HMMWV

M966 HMMWV TOW Armored

M996 Mini-Ambulance, Armored

M997 Maxi-Ambulance, Armored

M998 Cargo/Troop

M998 HMMWV Avenger

M1025 Armament Carrier, Armored

M1026 Armament Carrier, Armored W/W

M1035 Soft-Top Ambulance

M1036 TOW Armored W/W

M1037 S-250 Shelter Carrier

M1038 Cargo/Troop Carrier W/W

M1042 S-250 Shelter Carrier W/W

M1043 Armament Carrier, Up-Armored

M1044 Armament Carrier, Up-Armored W/W

M1045 TOW Up-Armored Armor

M1046 TOW Up-Armored Armor W/W

M1059 Smoke Generator Carrier

M1069 Tractor for M119 105-mm Gun

M1097 Heavy

M1097 Heavy HMMWV Avenger

M1109 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

And heres the Up-Armored Variations:

Quote[/b] ]M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier

M1116 Up-Armored HMMWV

M1123 Heavy

M1121 TOW Armored

M1145 Up-Armored HMMWV

M1151 Up-Armored Capable HMMWV

M1152 Up-Armored Capable HMMWV

It might be cool to see some RG-31's (10X's Stronger than conventional HMMWV's) or other Countries Variations too wink_o.gif

Plasan_M1114GR_HMMWV.jpg

Would love to see:

Huey (slick, and gunship versions), M-48 and, or M-60 tanks for RACs.

T-55, and T-62 for SLA.

OK, I'm just going to say something, and get it out there.

Guys, I can't model.

There, it's done. Now, what I'm going to say here isn't likely to be read by anyone interested, or whatnot, but I don't ask for much, and I just thought that someone (hell, anyone) with a bit of modelling experience could help me. Plus if I ask anywhere else or make a new thread I'll be immediately gang-raped.

I would like (and, to a lesser extent, need) someone to make 5 objects for me. They don't need to be textured, or have normal maps made. They just need to be textured and UV-unwrapped onto 1 texture, with a wireframe of where the unwrapping for each part is. I can make the texture and normal maps, piece of cake, but without the model itself, I'm going nowhere.

The objects I'd like to have made are neither vehicles nor weapons, neither human nor animal, neither ammo crate nor wreck - they're pieces of armour.

These beastly parts, hailing from the new US IOTV (though the DPs and GP are from the original) would probably take a conservative 5-10 minutes each to make and unwrap, though I'm not a modeller, so I can't say.

What I can say is that if people can make kickass tanks + stuff when motivated, is there anyone out there willing to lend a somewhat-medium-decent-retexturer a hand and make these for me, even if unpaid and unmotivated?

Here's what I'd like, if possible. I've included a schematic of the best way to make these, or all that would be necessary, IMHO.

Part1.jpg

Part #1 - Deltoid + Upper Arm Protectors. These badboys make look vicious, but don't be alarmed. All I need is the base model, i.e. the shape of the things with the connecting strap up top, as the MOLLE + velcro can all be textured/normal mapped into oblivion. My schematic of the model looks a little like this:

Part1Schematic.jpg

(Note that strap bit can probably be represented by a thin, double sided quadrilateral.)

Now, that's a crap picture, uh huh, and the round bit needs to be polygonised, but how long would it take to make + unwrap that?

I've had enough of making shitty schematics for one night, but the other 3 parts (since I need two identical deltoid protectors) are just as similar if not more simple than that. One is a prism and the other two (which are also identical) are basically rectangles with another thin rectangle curled across them.

So there, in reality, óne would only need to make 3 models. Super. So please, someone, for the love of God, put me out of my misery. Just drop me a PM, and I'll send you the specifics. It wouldn't take any longer than an hour, I promise.

I guess an IED wouldn't be hard to do... merely make some sorta IED model (Coke can, "Jerry" fuel can, 155mm shell) and code it as a satchel. Making IED-proof vehicles... not sure about how ArmA handles it. There was a "mineproof" Cobra (no, not the chopper) for OFP, but in the other hand, it could (almost) withstand a direct 120mm APFSDS hit.

Oh and RG-31 isn't a Humvee variant. It's a mineproof vehicle based on the South African Mamba (basically, updated one) which in turn is based on Mercedes-Benz Unimog. Still would love to see the thing, though, it's quite widely used; quick calculation gives rougly 1000-1500 Mambas in different versions (incl. RG-31) manufactured.

does anyone think that a medical black hawk is a good idea ?

i saw one on the news yesterday and thought that it would be a good idea

surely all that needs to be done is a reskin and given the option to heal people, then when in game it can circle around and "support" troops on the ground

i know wat would be good more animals like dogs and wolves and like make them civilians. so then i could make the dogs walk around the cities like stray dogs and wolves could walk around the forests in packs and i could turn the many of POW camps into zoos and stuff

Why do we throw everything into this one thread? I dont understand, its not any easier! Would you rather click a button for the "I want Up-armored humvees thread" (Which is simple and concise, not a million requests in one) or have to dig through 30 pages of completely random and un-organized Requests... Now noone will ever see my post on the humvees.... sad_o.gif

Why do we throw everything into this one thread? I dont understand, its not any easier! Would you rather click a button for the   "I want Up-armored humvees thread" (Which is simple and concise, not  a million requests in one) or have to dig through 30 pages of completely random and un-organized Requests... Now noone will ever see my post on the humvees.... sad_o.gif

Noone will make them just for you, so it doenst matter anyway. wink_o.gif

Seriously, i cant remember 1 addon that has been made because it was requested by someone, so we might aswell put all useless requests in 1 tread that noone will read anyway. smile_o.gif