Sign in to follow this  
Rebel Man

How to Make Island?

Hi guys

can anyone tell me How to to make full map??, and post Island tools.

just start this topic to learn, and others can learn too.

Thanks

Try the OFPEC editors depot. There are all the relavent tools and tutorials. The WrpTool manual is an excellent starting point. I'm sure this would have been asked before.

Yes you need to get WrpTool and read the manual. Also its godo idea to read our WrpTool forum for more details and tips. Check it out from PMC Tactical

Better get started with Visitor now for interface experience if you want to plan on working with Arma maps, the content and development process is profoundly different than what was done for OFP.

do you know something we don't? Are vegtation objects placed differently or something?

Look at the community wiki for more information on landscape texturing. Furthermore there's obviously some tech changes somewhere to support terrain streaming. Also, in OFP we were hacking an overloaded buffer to get maps larger than 12km, that should have been fixed in ArmA so it's anyone's guess as to how they did it.

Yes, I've added to the wiki article myself. An interesting thing I've noticed is that no segment (~1x1km) of the satellite/layer map may have more than 4 terrain types, which is a very tight and arbitrary restriction in my opinion! Especially if you consider one terrain type is used to represent the roads at distance.

I'm hoping for some procedural placement tools. I do know visitor3 will place road posts and auto-flatten terrain, which is a good starting point.

Back on topic, It does seem wise to become with some basic czech and the visitor tool. There is little point in working on new terrain for OFP.

Rbl Man download WrpTool, Island editing is easy with that.

yes i have wrptool , but many thing on this tool Crashed sad_o.gif .