Sign in to follow this  
Shigsy

I won't be buying ArmA :(

Someone needs patience...if your a true OFP fan, you should remember 1st patch 1.10 released 12/2001... last patch 1.96beta released 01/2004.

The demo discouraged me with OFP, but I gave it a 2nd chance with the patches and fell in love with it.

Now the community wanted ArmA ASAP, and myself jumped right in when the Sprocket site was setup. I to see the "minor" bugs compared to OFP bugs when it was released.

The best part to ArmA is JIP!

So instead of complaining... help with reporting bugs (which all of yours are allready noted elsewhere) so BIS may address them.

And my money says you will buy this game sooner or later.. (if your the true fan you claim to be).

And finally i would say that the biggest reason for not buying arma is that, you are not able to make your opinions heard ,without being slagged off in the forums wink_o.gif.

yours

DB

Nope, its how these latest noob wave storms like to do it.

Constructive criticism was always apretiated, posting imature bs shouldnt be.

If someone comes here showing disapointment for a number of features that are not present (some for justified reasons they fail to understand) they should still be welcome to do so, i do so too.

But what most do in the process is more like this:

"There are no *insert something here* in Arma, what was BIS doing all these years? The graphics are very old and look like a game from 4 years ago, Arma is just OPF, it should have been an expantion, i give it 4/10 and im not buying it!"

And the most annoying bs:

"For a 2007 game Arma is not good!"

Wich is far from being true! Arma gives you alot more than most other games out there, if you fail to see that you never really explored OPF and didnt keep up with Arma's development.

And what are these little bitchers accomplishing other than creating a bad and even false reputation around the game? Turning people away by posting infantile bs? Not something i apretiate reading since i expect BIS to support the game for a long time (like they did with OPF:R).

So basically what im saying here is...

If you dislike the game enough to post lies and bs about it be nice and GTFO.

Thank you smile_o.gif .

1. Who gives a shingle if your going to buy arma or not? Are you looking for someone to change your mind for you?

2. These bugs have been talked about over and over in other threads, why start another? Or do you just like debating?

3. You talk about how "other" games are so much better, but I haven't found an example yet to compare with.

4. Don't take these questions as hostile of flaming, I'm just trying to find out how this thread contributes to the board.  smile_o.gif

Thank you smile_o.gif .

These are very strong words, but I think it's right on the money.  huh.gif

And finally i would say that the biggest reason for not buying arma is that, you are not able to make your opinions heard ,without being slagged off in the forums wink_o.gif.

yours

DB

If someone comes here showing disapointment for a number of features that are not present (some for justified reasons they fail to understand) they should still be welcome to do so, i do so too.

"There are no *insert something here* in Arma, what was BIS doing all these years? The graphics are very old and look like a game from 4 years ago, Arma is just OPF, it should have been an expantion, i give it 4/10 and im not buying it!"

Wich is far from being true! Arma gives you alot more than most other games out there, if you fail to see that you never really explored OPF and didnt keep up with Arma's development.

And what are these little bitchers accomplishing other than creating a bad and even false reputation around the game? Turning people away by posting infantile bs? Not something i apretiate reading since i expect BIS to support the game for a long time (like they did with OPF:R).

Thank you smile_o.gif .

You are very correct - but I do not think that the poster of this thread was imature on any points. Maybe you can clarify that, Heatseeker, cause I feel you are the immature one.

yours

DB

Thank you smile_o.gif .

lol i rest my case.

Well. To be fair, he made it clar from start that he was a Battlefield player and a graphics whore to boot.

That should be enough to judge this poster.

This guys obviously want a more kiddie oriented FPS, there are plenty of those for him.

Marcus

Also when a list of examples contain a single instance of untruth or hyperbole then the entire post and poster is discredited and the post is declared (rightfully so) a "whine".

If you want to be taken seriously every point you make must be a professsional observation of fact and truth. Just because something is an opinion, does not make it valid.

I think valid criticisms are a good thing but comparisons to other games is like adding unlike fractions and should really be offtopic. These comparisons are only ever used to berate the game they are posting about; it's never the other way around. It can only incite the passions and only in negative way.

Also the title of the topic doesn't help.

--Ben

AI is the big killer for me. But I guess we all would be out of a job if AI was as good as we wish it could be lol. tounge2.gif

Please steer me towards the other "Great Games of 2007" as I haven't seen them. Medieval 2 and Mount&Blade are the only survivors on my HD but as far as tactical shooters go - zero. Swat 4 was pretty good albeit on a very small scale and the AI could be pretty idiotic as well. I spent a year trying to get into BF2 always complaining on there forums on the inept AI, stupid magical respawning etc... and they all responded to me like I was crazy. They were right, this wasn't OFP and they didn't want it that way. That 's when I remembered the beauty of OFP, downloaded vanilla demo, and found my game again.

ppl keep saying that they have been playing OFP for years, yet they still came up with this?

what have you been playing for the past 5 years?

quote/thread title

"i wont be buying Armed Assault sad_o.gif"

I WILL BE!!! AGAIN!!!

have my-sprocket version & will get 505 hard copy!

nener.gif

Well Shigsy had some valid points and i don't see a reason

to put him into a CS/BF freaks list.

Lots of you may know me from the forums being a hardcore

ofp fan/player/mission maker/addons maker.

I've put lots of time into ofp and even had broken with my

former wife (and ofp had at least 40% influence on that) biggrin_o.gif

Now i bought ArmA because i also like many others couldn't

wait for the release of it.

I don't mind having bought it - it's been a must for me whatever the result would have been.

It's looking great - yeah - it's also running smooth on high/very high settings on my system.

But i also have one big problem with it.

This problem started in ofp about 2 years ago;

I couldn't get too much motivated anymore running ofp for

more than half an hour since i had really almost everything

been trying in editor - i've been on almost every location

of the maps and i've been playing with almost every addon

available.

I thought ArmA could fix this issue and my motivation will be

back, but it sadly didn't.

I cannot be cought by the new graphical apearance of ArmA

to be fantastified to play ArmA for those hours i've spent

in OFP. I'm missing the wow_o.gif 'wow' effect i have had lots of

times when playing ofp.

OK, i see it more as a personal problem and my expectations

being set too high. Maybe if i didn't know ofp and started

with ArmA straight away (overseeing some bugs which will

be fixed - i'm sure) i could have come into it but like it is now

i still have hard times to run the game for more than one

maximum two hours.

I should maybe mention that everytime i've tried multiplayer,

it ended in a crash to desktop, which probably didn't help

me to find back in since good multiplayer sessions can really

be of much help finding into a game.

I also don't want to set any other game prior ArmA - i really

would like it to be my all time favourite. smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

You are very correct - but I do not think that the poster of this thread was imature on any points. Maybe you can clarify that, Heatseeker, cause I feel you are the immature one.

Its imature, disrespectfull and non productive to portray Arma has a completely flawed game or to rate it 4/10 based on what he posted.

Its imature to diss the game by posting lies (about the graphics).

Its imature to class Arma has something that should have been an OPF expantion released 4 years ago (please...).

There are many engine improvements to be found, there is much potential in Arma and BIS is known for supporting their products the best they can.

I might have gone a little far with my previous post but im tired of the constant bitching going on, if people wish to be taken seriously they should post seriously and in a constructive way.

If someone feels like Arma is not up to par with the other great 2007 PC games out there ( whistle.gif ) then dont buy it and gtfo!

smile_o.gif .

Well Shigsy had some valid points and i don't see a reason

to put him into a CS/BF freaks list.

Lots of you may know me from the forums being a hardcore

ofp fan/player/mission maker/addons maker.

I've put lots of time into ofp and even had broken with my

former wife (and ofp had at least 40% influence on that)  biggrin_o.gif

Now i bought ArmA because i also like many others couldn't

wait for the release of it.

I don't mind having bought it - it's been a must for me whatever the result would have been.

It's looking great - yeah - it's also running smooth on high/very high settings on my system.

But i also have one big problem with it.

This problem started in ofp about 2 years ago;

I couldn't get too much motivated anymore running ofp for

more than half an hour since i had really almost everything

been trying in editor - i've been on almost every location

of the maps and i've been playing with almost every addon

available.

I thought ArmA could fix this issue and my motivation will be

back, but it sadly didn't.

I cannot be cought by the new graphical apearance of ArmA

to be fantastified to play ArmA for those hours i've spent

in OFP. I'm missing the  wow_o.gif  'wow' effect i have had lots of

times when playing ofp.

OK, i see it more as a personal problem and my expectations

being set too high. Maybe if i didn't know ofp and started

with ArmA straight away (overseeing some bugs which will

be fixed - i'm sure) i could have come into it but like it is now

i still have hard times to run the game for more than one

maximum two hours.

I should maybe mention that everytime i've tried multiplayer,

it ended in a crash to desktop, which probably didn't help

me to find back in since good multiplayer sessions can really

be of much help finding into a game.

I also don't want to set any other game prior ArmA - i really

would like it to be my all time favourite.  smile_o.gif

~S~ CD

yet repeating over and over and over and over again like BIS wont fix them isnt correct at all

but your right, ofp have been taking too much time in our life that it might not be as addictive then b4(and sorry about the influence on your ex, but seems there is already some problem in between b4 OFP tounge2.gif )

still with the new possible to done in ArmA i think it will worth the money even if we didnt play as offent wink_o.gif

Its imature, disrespectfull and non productive to portray Arma has a completely flawed game or to rate it 4/10 based on what he posted.

Its imature to diss the game by posting lies (about the graphics).

Its imature to class Arma has something that should have been an OPF expantion released 4 years ago (please...).

There are many engine improvements to be found, there is much potential in Arma and BIS is known for supporting their products the best they can.

I might have gone a little far with my previous post but im tired of the constant bitching going on, if people wish to be taken seriously they should post seriously and in a constructive way.

If someone feels like Arma is not up to par with the other great 2007 PC games out there ( whistle.gif ) then dont buy it and gtfo!

smile_o.gif .

It is very easy to respond with anger like that, but the trueth is, he is right about most of what he is posting.

Although I do not agree with him, he isn't lying. The game really does look crap on some computers (even on some high-end machines) because of some hardware dificulties (bugs).

If you guys really get this upset about a post like this, either don't open threads called "I won't be buying ArmA" or simply GTFO tounge2.gif

Well. To be fair, he made it clar from start that he was a Battlefield player and a graphics whore to boot.

That should be enough to judge this poster.

This guys obviously want a more kiddie oriented FPS, there are plenty of those for him.

Marcus

LOL a clear example of a guy who didn't read my post. I never once said i was a Battlefield player. I said Flashpoint was the 1st game to let you drive/fly every vehicle you saw, and that didn't show up in anopther game again until the BF series (thats a compliment to Flashpoint/ArmA for the less intelligent such as yourself).

And as for being a graphics whore, again your completely wrong. My point about the graphics was that they had improved, and that i didn't mind them not being up to modern standard (in my opinion) because gameplay is more important to me. Honestly, you need to read my original thread again instead of copying and pasting some generic 'flame the whiner' crap you must have saved on in a txt file on your desktop.

Thanks to the people who bothered to read my post and come up with relevant and constructive replies, people such as;

Espectro

Col. Faulkner

deanosbeano

Mr Reality

Bunks

This post is intended to act as constructive critism for the developers, so they can learn from this and produce a quality game in the future. If this was a whine, i would simply havecome along and said 'ArmA is crap...' but i didn't. I think you'll find i made valid points, all facts which can't be denied. Too many people read a few key words (like Marcus), realise this isn't a thread saying how fantastic and flawless ArmA is then jump right into defensive mode. Try reading, thinking, then posting.

You can always report retail-version bugs on the BIS Wiki, and I'm pretty sure that many people are not concerned on what you do or do not spend your money on.

Since this topic can't be constructive in any way than bitching and moaning over and over, it's closed.