Sign in to follow this  
Planck

Model Conversion

I have many models from Elite in Arma already, some look better than others as far as texturing goes.

The models I mean here are the vehicles:

Air: Cobra, Apache, Ch47D, OH58, Kamov, Mi24, Su25, A10, Cessna

Wheeled: Sports Car, Yellow Sports Car, Trabant, Bicycle, Jawa, Mini, Bus, Police Car, PV3S, PV3s Civil, PV3s Fuel,PV3s Ammo, PV3s Repair, UAZG, SGUAZG, GJeep, Jeep, JeepMg, Scud

Tracked: BRMD, Bradley, M60, T55G, T80, T80Res

Water: Mk II PBR, PBX, LST

The models that have turrets are now working as well as I am able to get them working for now.

Vehicle weapons in many cases have been changed to use the ArmA equivalents (or close enough).

Crew proxy positions however are not correct and need to be fixed when it is possible.

Once any tools are available I could pop them into repository so texturers and modellers can make any necessary adjustments to the models, proxy positions, textures and possibly configs.

Planck

I guess it would make sense to prorize the conversions to first make vehicles that do not have a sensible equivalent in arma. For example the Mi24 would be important to have soon, but the Mk II PBR could be substituted with a RHIB until a better version is made.

Air:Kamov

Wheeled: Bicycle, Jawa, Mini, Bus, Police Car

Tracked:T55G,T80Res

Air: Not needed, we have that in ArmA allready, remember?

Wheeled & Tracked: Not needed, this is Cold War Rearmed, not Resistance Rearmed (yet)

Configs and stringtables for most of the relevant vehicles are now in the repository, in the relevant spots.

These are the configs I have been using to get the various vehicles running in ArmA.

The Apache btw needs hellfire_proxy.p3d to be present in data3d.pbo, you will need to put a copy in there your self.

Each config has the name of the vehicle/weapon/whatever preceding the word config....for example:

M2A2config.cpp.

Btw.....whats wrong with bicycle and Mini?

I don't think they came with Resistance.

Planck

Btw.....whats wrong with bicycle and Mini?

I don't think they came with Resistance.

Planck

I think they did. Bicycle came with some patch??

Ahh well, must be old age setting in.

As for the T55G, was it not one of the goals to get this into ArmA?

Planck

Mini and bike was put into RESISTANCE with a patch. So in my book, its still something for resistance rearmed.

Scud is in on my ArmA already, has been for a while now.

It will even launch the scud.

Check the repository, there you will find configs for most of the relevant models.

The Scud is in the BISOFP config as is the Mi24 and the A10 and the T55 and and and

Planck

I haven't checked recently, but have any of these models been uploaded? Or at least the textures? No sense in waiting for the tools if you don't have to for certain things.