Sign in to follow this  

TCW_Vehicles

New Iraqi Army Digicam, would be great to see in ArmA

Iraqi Police

smile_o.gif

Yeah, looks good.... Ill make a version, it looks like acu with one more brown color..... do you have any more refrence pic?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/TCWARMA65.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/TCWARMA64.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/TCWARMA66.jpg

New Iraqi Army Digicam, would be great to see in ArmA

Iraqi Police

smile_o.gif

wow_o.gif I really wonder where and behind what is supposed you can hide yourslef with such a pattern. crazy_o.gif

@djfrogstar

Very nice, keep it up! thumbs-up.gif

Klavan

Nice refrence pix everyone!

Im thinking whats the best way to organize the obvious differences between uniforms... which go to the vehicles...

I dont want to open a new thread yet for TCW_men but can get a bit offtopic because its related to the vehicle

standard solid blue IP with different loadouts and patches.....these would go to the regular police cars i have already

then the choclate chip camo to regular iraqi army recruits ...

the blue dpm style and new digicamo could go to the more new forces....

hmmm... Im trying to prevent opening up a can of worms here....alot of work lies ahead.....

Is there a way to breakdown how these uniforms are being given out across the country...?

What about some Iraqi SWAT?  tounge2.gif

2swat.jpg

irp38.jpg

Patches

Already said this elsewhere mate but it deserves saying again.

You have set standards with your work that others really ought to be aiming for, I loved your stuff for VBS, Im going to love it for ArmA too notworthy.gif

That's not the actual Iraqi swat patch. It's oval, has a red outline and a scorpion in the middle, I have a picture somewhere.

*edit*

unless there are different swat units with different patches, but the ones we trained did not use that insignia.

*edit again*

Sorry, it's a red scorpion with a black outline:

iraqswatet2.jpg

That's not the actual Iraqi swat patch. It's oval, has a red outline and a scorpion in the middle, I have a picture somewhere.

*edit*

unless there are different swat units with different patches, but the ones we trained did not use that insignia.

*edit again*

Sorry, it's a red scorpion with a black outline:

iraqswatet2.jpg

I think not all iraqi SWAT use the same patch found another one on that page

irp62.jpg

Alright, the group we trained ran Babil province out of Al-Hillah and Iskandariyah, I really don't know if they have different insignia, but it wouldn't take a massive stretch of the imagination.

Just a small update.... I started to add some Iraqi army trucks and began to realize the amount of work it will be to set up the units configwize...

For now I will have one standard iraqi army uniform and will later add them in.... I wasnt sure what would make sense for the crew to be....So i figured the trucks will be driven by the generic iraqi army guy. The other swat units and new digicam units will be able to be placed as seperate units but will not be a part of the vehicles.

When the new tools come out I will add the balaclavas and extra head gear which will make them more unique to their role.

If people dont care about a WIP version to come out then I could upload this as soon as i get some bugs worked out... but the final version wouldnt comeout out awhile after the new tools

That is looking very good!

Maybe it would also be an idea to add some little objects to set up a small checkpoint. Some road barriers etc.

Found on daves-not-here.net

Photo 1

Photo 2

That is looking very good!

Maybe it would also be an idea to add some little objects to set up a small checkpoint. Some road barriers etc.

Found on daves-not-here.net

Photo 1

Photo 2

i wasnt able to access the links above....

Ive got some objects for vehicle checkpoints and stuff like that in the tcw_objects addon.

Once an ak47 appears I will try and make sure that the units have this gun.

Does anyone know if the Iraqi army are issued rpg7s as a weapon? I dont know if i have ever seen a picture of this yet.

Ok, that answers my question.... Cool thanks!

I will add an rpg7 gunner to each group now.

The helmet I will have to see about... When the new tools come out I will mabey make a special skin for the chin straps and get a similar helmet on the unit. Im not sure how much work it is going to be to get all the selections working when we are able to mess with this stuff. hopefully it wont be to painfull when that time comes.

So far Peanut has been a huge help in getting the reskins to work and having some units added into the config.