Sign in to follow this  
Punisher_1509

Delta Force Units for ArmA

Hi all! biggrin_o.gif

I wish me for ArmA some Delta Force Units.I like the Equipment of these Units!

Who could make a addon with these Units for ArmA? biggrin_o.gif

Here are some examples for such a Special Forces Unit!

tosm4a1aimpoint4tm.jpg

you cant create new parts for addons until Bis releases the tools, hope they do soon thumbs-up.gif

Thats the M4 with Aimpoint from my pack for VBS1! lol

Basically, until the new Oxygen 3d modelling tool is released, we (the community as a whole) are unable, no-one can make edits to ArmA units. Weapons are possible to a degree, as are vehicles (again, to a degree) with the current Oxygen, but units aren't possible using the current O2 as far as I know, named selections etc have changed.

Perhaps there should be a sticky in this board with the title:

"WE CAN ONLY MAKE VERY LIMITED NEW CONTENT!"

and then explain why inside the thread, save us nhaving to give the same response to every-other thread that pops-up.

someone should smack people´s fingers for typing

addon whishes....

what are we?

some magical jins, that make an addon with a finger snap?...

Yeah. I wish people would do such as snoofkin911 is doing, and learning to do it for themselves. I am much more inclined to help someone who is stuck making an addon, rather than someone is crying because they don't have a certain addon.

Something like this could be enough until real tools are released.

DDES.jpg

made some delta-styled units in several different camos, just waiting for permission from some people before I release it.

what are we?

nephilim in a bottle??? Very interesting tounge2.gif

taking apart that the loadout you think is used by "delats" is prolly outdated anyway..

i am currently trying to understand blender ... but i dont even know if this program is able to produce the right files ... or convert these then with tools or such ....

..knowing trhat 3dsmax is the non-plus-ultra atm , i searched and found some site saying the version for pupils costs ~130€ and it has a 12 moths subscription then ... what does this actually mean for me ??

those units doesn't even look close to deltas.

that are just units with black ibas and stuff.

the current arma model is good for marines.

nothing more nothing less.

I have some pmcs in the work as some people may have seen, but I do not release them before the mod tools are out and I can make them look unique in some way.

I don't want to have just a retexture, that's too easy and is basically nothing else then just a 2nd sensless unit.

the only retexes so far which are good are the marines.

my 2 cents

delta force doesnt use any of that random shit anyways. there is no set pattern as to what they use, so basically in making an addon and calling that 'delta force' you are having to make something up...why not make up a name as well...

I have some pmcs in the work as some people may have seen, but I do not release them before the mod tools are out and I can make them look unique in some way.

I don't want to have just a retexture, that's too easy and is basically nothing else then just a 2nd sensless unit.

my 2 cents

Wow I wonder how you guys know what they wear. I am impressed, you must have a contact person inside Delta Force icon_rolleyes.gif

someone should smack people´s fingers for typing

addon whishes....

what are we?

There's a sticky at the top of this forum which reads "addon requests". Now if the mods have placed that here i don't see what the problem is. Apart form the request should of been placed in there i don't know why your having a moan.

Jackal326 if we ALL could model and texture then you do know your sevices wouldn't be required right icon_rolleyes.gif. Plus did i read right when i read on the BIS official site that there would be extra content provided free, made by the community. Well get cracking and no more excuses you lazy b******s tounge2.gif (i know the tools arn't released yet before one of you mentions it again)

@ironsight

maybe he has?

no honestly that gear layout is from the 80´s

and i bet they´ve updated their equipment...

@mr reality

yes ive realized that..

but he hasnt posted it in the request thread but openend a new request thread...

i think its quite known that "addon requests" arent that welcome in such a direct form... (or is it just me?)

i think its quite known that "addon requests" arent that welcome in such a direct form... (or is it just me?)

aggreed... i'm only a mission maker, but i tried building an own addon long time ago. As i released the first screenshots everyone wrote and told me I have to finish it now (or maybe 2 days earlier). Even when i explained "it's done when it's done" everyone asked.

I can understand the addon makers, when they explode sometimes pistols.gif

Ontopic: Never saw or speak to a Delta, only Marines, SEALS and Green Berets. But I know what I like and those I don't like very much... sorry

ironsight, I don't need a contact person inside the delta force to know what they may use. If you track the technological progress, read books and do yourself research in the internet, you get a pretty good idea, what us army, rangers, delta force, us marines, force recon, us navy seals wear.

thanks neph.

smile_o.gif

edit:

hey swat,

ye thats right, addons are done when they are done.

and if you're not happy with one of your addons anyway, better do not release it.

There are pretty detailed pics of special forces on militaryphotos.net, plus watching BHD on dvd is great, too. Although i know the BHD Delta's have some equipment pieces that are plain wrong. They didn't have M4s back then, did they ? smile_o.gif

Actually, this thread was created before the addon request thread.

)rStrangelove @ Jan. 24 2007,18:18)]There are pretty detailed pics of special forces on militaryphotos.net, plus watching BHD on dvd is great, too. Although i know the BHD Delta's have some equipment pieces that are plain wrong. They didn't have M4s back then, did they ? smile_o.gif

This pretty much shows the level of knowledge on this forum.

)rStrangelove @ Jan. 24 2007,17:18)]There are pretty detailed pics of special forces on militaryphotos.net, plus watching BHD on dvd is great, too. Although i know the BHD Delta's have some equipment pieces that are plain wrong. They didn't have M4s back then, did they ?  smile_o.gif

AFAIK they weren't M4s, but CAR-15 and Commandos. Similar appearance (in that they're both based on the same style receivers), but not exactly the same.

my 2 cents

Wow I wonder how you guys know what they wear. I am impressed, you must have a contact person inside Delta Force  icon_rolleyes.gif

Actually, smart ass, while at the Q course @ bragg, a few instructors were D boys, or whatever you'd like to call them. The SOF community as a whole various a lot, so far as what gear they wear goes.  It's all mission-dependant.  Delta force isn't meant to be used for such things as would occur on sahari(sp).  They are the US version of the SAS, and focus on other things.  SF teach, etc, while rangers are for seizure of airfields.  

If you'd like to argue, raise your right hand, swear an oath, and go to fort benning, and so on, then you will have a valid arguement.

Quote[/b] ]This pretty much shows the level of knowledge on this forum.

That just goes to show that maybe I'm not the biggest asshole on this forum, afterall.