Sign in to follow this  
xav

French special edition revealed

From Nofrag.com, translated from french with google)

Quote[/b] ]A “limited edition†for Armed Assault In France,

Armed Assault will come out on February 15. 505 Games hopes to sell it in a “special edition†limited to 30.000 boxes. It will be the normal game, just with a metal case, which will contain the French game and some bonus. Retail price should be around 45 euros.

30.000 is a good number for a special edition: considering the limited market for this type of hardcore game, they will probably have a hard time to sell all of their 30.000 boxes.

505 Games forwards to us the press release indicating that the French version of Armed Assault.

It will contain:

* Two new Russian planes: two versions of Su-34;

* Two new motor bikes: the TT650 and M1030;

* Four new weapons: Russian rifles AKS74PSO and KSVK (?); the American giant M107 and the M16A4.

"The French version of ArmA will also contain a new mission “blood, sweat and tears†which will put the player in the shoes of Cpt. Mike Lambert of the special operations, or Rich Angelo de Bravo, in a scenario which proceeds at the time of a well too long morning on the battle fields of Sahrani…â€

So I guess the extras will be "electronic" only, and no extra map or sticker or T-shirt.

I wonder if the 505 distribution in other countries will be the same.

all the 505 games are being released with the extra digital content, and the rest of the countries will get the content via a patch... there's nothing special about it confused_o.gif

Yea I expected at least a Sahrani poster and music cd, you know the usual stuff they put in SE.

well for the music part i just depbo the good old ofp way and find them, which i found that it is in 44100hz VBR mode, good enought wink_o.gif

Well correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this 505s first PC release. All of there other releases have been for consoles i think.

If you look at the Xbox 360 "special editions", all they are are differantly packaged and that's it. So i'm assuming this is what 505 believes IS a special edition. When we have confirmation of the UK SE contents then and only then can i decide which version to buy. It looks very much like i'll be buying the normal version however as the SE isn't what i was hoping for sad_o.gif

If I'm not mistaken, that text only lists the features in the French version as it is, there is no talk about SE stuff other than "metal case" and "some bonus".

Erm this is like quite old news...

It just has an extra sentance on it at the start. The digital content was announced a while ago, and 505 asked what would we want in the box, im assuming there will be something else. The digital content is availible in the non special edition too (im pretty certain).

The german special edition came in a metal ammo case...

This is not new news... And i heard the release date was on the 16th...

still 45 euros isn't much for the special edition, so I don't think they'll add a lot to it. As the game is normally +-35euros. But 10 euros for just a metal case is a bit overprized, so I think they'll add something more to it.

Anyway, even if the digital content would only be in the special edition, people could just port it, so that would not make much sense. I just hope there is a nice map to hang above my screen whistle.gif (and that they also have the special edition in english)

still 45 euros isn't much for the special edition, so I don't think they'll add a lot to it. As the game is normally +-35euros. But 10 euros for just a metal case is a bit overprized, so I think they'll add something more to it.

Hmm.. the German Special Edition costed 65 € and the normal DVD costs 40 € ... hmm

I just compile my own special edition.

1  German copy of arma.

a pbo extractor for the musix and a empty CD

and a visit to the armamods store for a BIG Sahrani map and a T-shirt smile_o.gif

http://www.armamods.net/catalog/index.php

And if i wanted the 7.62 ammo box, i'll go to the local army-dump-store.

a BIG Sahrani map and a T-shirt

And if i wanted the 7.62 ammo box, i'll go to the local army-dump-store.

"Sigh", that map's useless, what does it show, it has absolutley no use for a tactical simulation game. I want the ingame map as that would be very usefull. I also couldn't care less about the ammo box as it would only get put under my desk and forgotten or used as a bin. A T-shirt is only suitable for people who don't go outdoors when there wearing it, yet another useless inclusion. The music isn't to my taste so i don't need that either.

The currently available special edition should be renamed, "Geeks Edition".

A T-shirt is only suitable for people who don't go outdoors when there wearing it, yet another useless inclusion.

Totally agree. Shirts are absolutely useless.

A T-shirt is only suitable for people who don't go outdoors when there wearing it, yet another useless inclusion.

Totally agree. Shirts are absolutely useless.

I never understood why people wanted ArmA shirts. I would never be seen in public with something like that!

Imagine seeing a guy walking around with an ArmA shirt rofl.gif .

I never understood why people wanted ArmA shirts. I would never be seen in public with something like that!

Imagine seeing a guy walking around with an ArmA shirt

It's a shame that we have to think like this but it's true. I would get some strange looks if i wore an ArmA T-shirt in public, especially in todays UK were image means soooo much to the majority. Germany and eastern europe on the other hand doesn't suffer from this so i can see why it's included in there version.

I couldn't imagine a t shirt being of any use to me at all either.

Somethings really anti social about wearing a shirt with soldiers staring down the barrel of a gun, especially with whats going on over the past few years. I'd never wear it out.

Metal boxed for me protect the content within, all my other cardboard game boxes get trashed in no time.