Sign in to follow this  
kronzky

3D Markers

This may not be too useful for a whole lot of people, but I often need to visualize and track otherwise invisible things (like markers, triggers, etc.), and that's why I created these 3D markers. A small version for up-close use, and a monster version for urban and long-distance applications.

Perhaps somebody else has some use for it. So here it is...

3dmarkers.jpg

http://www.kronzky.info/armaaddons/index.htm

like always another really cool helper tool! smile_o.gif This can also be good for getting a scene blocked when filming. I definitely will be needing this.

Is it possible to have a WHITE one which is thicker. Specifically the taller one. In case you are testing the mission at night yay.gif

Very nice and usefull thumbs-up.gif

Thx Kronzky !

bye

silola

This is going to prove very useful. I have always envisaged something like this being extremely useful for training missions and clan/squad based training.

E.g. If you want to improve your Flying skills this actually gives you something generic to aim for before practice can hone your skills to specific landing or hovering points. You could use the markers to work out where and when you would need to flare a Helicopter in order to stop at a specific location.

If doing convoy or vehicle section based training, then such markers could initially be very useful for guiding squad leaders, etc, on where to go or what area to cover, etc.

I saw such a thing being used in a VBS2 video where the load master or flight physics video (something of that nature anyway) showed big orange floating circles that the helicopter pilot used as waypoints. This would prove very useful for training with any aircraft in ArmA.

Thanks for this. thumbs-up.gif

Great idea. I've been using flagpoles and lampposts for years in ofp, but they aren't tall enough when in/on buildings, so I would have to hassle with adjusting their height to see them. These tall markers solve that problem.

I have added a little script to make it easier to attach a marker to a unit.

You call the script in the unit's init line, and it will create a marker, and follow him around...

You can also use it to visualize the knowledge one unit has about an other, as in the example below:

<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" WIDTH=454 HEIGHT=300><PARAM NAME=MOVIE VALUE=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4980876921355883692&hl=en-CA><PARAM NAME=PLAY VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=LOOP VALUE=TRUE><PARAM NAME=QUALITY VALUE=HIGH><EMBED SRC=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-4980876921355883692&hl=en-CA WIDTH=454 HEIGHT=300 PLAY=TRUE LOOP=TRUE QUALITY=HIGH></EMBED></OBJECT>

Downloads, as always, at my site.