Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

OFP:BHD MOD

Hello everyone!

Red_Evasion@: We still dont know the estimated mission count but together all the missions will be somewhere about ~40

olemissrebel@: I dont understand what are you complaning about? only two weeks have last.. dont wait miracles from us if you want something real join the army dont forget that this is the game the engine makes some difficulities.. As i stated before we are not going to make the MOD based on the real events its about the movie and the game..

We just want to complete something in ofp that anyother mod hasnt done.. make a full working BHD MOD.. and thats our goal and we are going to reach it!

Best regards!

Kenwort

Lets not start a flame war!

Here is news from bufferin.

Little update on my delta force.

bhddelta53ph.th.jpg

bhddelta34tv.th.jpg

bhddelta42yy.th.jpg

Added some models. texture is still WIP.

Model and texture will more improve.

[EDIT]

sorry, wrong place to write about plan.

deleted.

Hello everyone!

Red_Evasion@: We still dont know the estimated mission count but together all the missions will be somewhere about ~40

olemissrebel@: I dont understand what are you complaning about? only two weeks have last.. dont wait miracles from us if you want something real join the army dont forget that this is the game the engine makes some difficulities.. As i stated before we are not going to make the MOD based on the real events its about the movie and the game..

We just want to complete something in ofp that anyother mod hasnt done.. make a full working BHD MOD.. and thats our goal and we are going to reach it!

Best regards!

Kenwort

Join the army? I guarantee you I am the most experienced, infantry-wise, as well as SOF community, member of these forums, seeing as I'm actually present US Army Infantry. Seeing as my unit is B Co. 1-20th SF Group, I'd say I know a little more about 'it' than any of you wannabes.

Join the army? I guarantee you I am the most experienced, infantry-wise, as well as SOF community, member of these forums, seeing as I'm actually present US Army Infantry. Seeing as my unit is B Co. 1-20th SF Group, I'd say I know a little more about 'it' than any of you wannabes.

C'mon Olem take it easy, not everyone in this forum is aware you're in the Army and Kenwort didn't know this for sure. He didn't intend to denigrate/offend you. smile_o.gif

Klavan

@bufferin: no offense, but you're gonna have to work on those units A LOT! The unwrap is screwed in many places, the models look very shabby. Hopefully you'll improve that.

this screenshot: http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mog6sw.jpg

What the hell? Since when are different walls built from different materials? Just look at the buildings! Are you kidding me? And this from the all great Linker Split?

Oh man...

You guys have a lot of work in front of you if you want to make this mod look at least half decent...

this screenshot: http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mog6sw.jpg

What the hell? Since when are different walls built from different materials? Just look at the buildings! Are you kidding me? And this from the all great Linker Split?

Ok, I will explain you one more time...

See these pictures taken from the film:

--------

mplayerc2007012600103511mz.jpg

--------

mplayerc2007012600113472ga.jpg[/url]

--------

mplayerc2007012600114539ux.jpg

--------

mplayerc2007012600114702hv.jpg

--------

mplayerc2007012600124373ck.jpg

--------

mplayerc2007012600124495gs.jpg

--------

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1148/mplayerc2007012600124601es.jpg

--------

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9606/mplayerc2007012600124672br.jpg

--------

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/4986/mplayerc2007012600140316xh.jpg

--------

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6263/mplayerc2007012600141168uy.jpg

--------

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/7642/mplayerc2007012600141812bz.jpg

--------

now focus your attention to the walls you see...

Mogadishu is not New York, where you have all the walls coloured with only one color... there are destroyed houses, big buildings with decals and bricks everywhere... what you want me to do? Something as the game where all the buildings are of one colour?? Do you really want a real destroyed city?

That's what I'm doing...!!

Hello everyone!

Best regards!

Kenwort

If you really want to make an issue out what you do for a living I can arrange to have your story verified.

That said, being SF or otherwise a member of the military doesn't preclude you from being a muppet.

I guarantee you I am the most experienced, infantry-wise, as well as SOF community, member of these forums, seeing as I'm actually present US Army Infantry.

That's one hell of a claim considering the number of ex (and current) mil on these forums!

Nice profile pic btw. Something looks a little out with it though, considering you're such a hardened soldier....

The kneedpads look kind of big in my judgement, their size should be slightly decreased, the textures look decent but adding some clothes folds layers to them would make them look better and make the model feel more realistic.

Quote[/b] ]Mogadishu is not New York, where you have all the walls coloured with only one color... there are destroyed houses, big buildings with decals and bricks everywhere

The movie has been recorded in "Sale", a small city near Rabat, in Morroco, by using local people's houses and buildings but in real life, the somali (East African) architecture and houses structure is different from the north african one, the average "watcher" can barely notice that, though.

Concerning your mod's houses, if they are aimed to look close to the movie's ones, then nice job.

Good luck with getting the models done, nice start anyways.

Regards,

TB

yeah I was going to say wat TB said. The movie was NOT filmed in mogodishu so don't use the city in the movie as reference

Sounds like a cool mod, But i think you can pull it off for OFP. Anyway here some pics of the target area just if ya need them

TargetArea.jpg

Thats the Target building

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF....=k&om=1

And thats the target area and surrounding roads/streets today.

Allwell, just a bit of Info  wink_o.gif

@ TB & Chipper: Ken said its Replicating the Movie and Video Game, So thats what they are going to do, Replicate that as close as possible icon_rolleyes.gif

so how is going work ??

meybe some new screans ??

We are moving the machine!

smile_o.gif

Unfortunately, there aren't screens, cause we aredepply working now on the MOD!

Hello dudes!

I want to present you our website and forum!

Check it out here:

http://bhdmod.info/

Looks good, its too bad you guys arent going after the real deal.

The BHD movie is an 'ok' reference but the game is a piece of shit.

Looks good, its too bad you guys arent going after the real deal.

The BHD movie is an 'ok' reference but the game is a piece of shit.

yeah that's why I'm not basing the map on the game, but on the film... wink_o.gif

hello everyone

Just throwing my two cents regarding island objects and buildings. I havent researched somalian architecture or anything, but:

In all logics walls should be made out of the same material of construction (not talking about textures here). so here for example your building seems to be made out of bricks. on top of that there can be coating, and thats what you seem to have applied on the side of the building

In all logics if someone cant afford to put coating all around the house, they would most likely put coating on the front since this is the most visible part. its the same on french wwII buildings ( that i have researched a lot), and prolly the same anywhere else in europe, and therefore you'd think somalia would have been influenced with the same habits since its an ex italian colony ?

If it was to be a repaired wall on a house that used to be fully coated before the dammage, i bet you would see a patch of bricks rather than a complete clean brick on the front.

But yeah its not that important and wont prevent anyone from playing...

As for the lag :

As you have already figured out, putting a lot of houses/models in the same object greatly reduces the lag.

The problem when you make a 50x50 block of houses is, if they are enterable, you need a much higher poly count in the geometry, fire geometry and view geometry lods which can make it go beyond the facecount limit for it to be functional...

So the trick here is to make only some buildings enterable within the same block, depending on their complexity you can put more of them but mixing with closed houses next to it you should be able to make a full street block that works properly.

One last thing : if you put the canocclude property to 0, the engine wont have to calculate if it has to render the objects behind your house or not, and this is actually faster than rendering them all the time especially if your house has a lot of faces in the view geo lod.

I experienced with 50 meter long dammaged streets models, and because of the odd shape of dammaged buildings and most of them being enterable, the view geo lod was quite high with 300 or so faces. when i made a little test city with them i had around 15 to 20 fps max no matter what the graphic settings were... untill i disabled canocclude and therefore forced the engine to display the houses in the background all the time... i then go 35 or so fps. So in the end canocclude is only worthy for big squared closed blocks of buildings but for the rest it creates more lag than it saves rendering hidden objects.

Of course that only works if all your stuff in the city has good lods to begin with. Also can occlude is supposed to be for rendering only, not for the AI to know what it can see or not, so you shouldnt have any problems there

good luck with your mod

Fab

Quote[/b] ]The problem when you make a 50x50 block of houses is, if they are enterable, you need a much higher poly count in the geometry, fire geometry and view geometry lods which can make it go beyond the facecount limit for it  to be functional...

yeah I know that.... indeed the first block of houses isn't fully enterable... only some windows have the space for AI that can shoot from them.

btw, it's a 25x25m block wink_o.gif it have about 2000 faces, ad I used proxies for the particulars...

Quote[/b] ]Of course that only works if all your stuff in the city has good lods to begin with. Also can occlude is supposed to be for rendering only, not for the AI to know what it can see or not, so you shouldnt have any problems there

I'm using 4 different LODS:

-0.0200 main LOD

-10.000 (for ArmA to create shadows)

-15.000 (with no models in it)

and if the map will lag as hell (I think not anyway) I'll use the notl 1 named property for all the models.

anyway, thanks for your interest Fab wink_o.gif

Linker Split