Sign in to follow this  
Kenwort

OFP:BHD MOD

Kenwort, since when did 1993 rangers use the ACU Mich, Camelbaks, PAC4 LAM's, et cetera?  They didn't... the rangers had M16A2's, not M4's.  

This is a fact, as an NCO in my company was a private in 3rd Ranger BN at the time, and told me, when asked, M4's were issued to them around 1994.

I also had the priv. of meeting Chief Durant and COL McKnight, as they came to speak at my school (The University of Alabama) to the Army ROTC Cadets this past fall.  

Pretty interesting stuff, although I'm sure you will disagree.  Making a mod for OFP is a waste of time, unless you are making it for yourself.  Best of luck either way.

Ole, I've allways figured you for a smart guy, But I guess I'm wrong, Because I didnt see anything that said anything about the Units using ACUs or anything like that, and for clarification, The rangers were using M-4 Carbines too, CPT. Steele was a User of the M-4 and So were Most of the Delta operators from the 1st SFOD. Not all rangers were given a M-4, it was kind of a WWII Parody, Where only officers were actually supposed to be given a Handgun, everyone else just got a main weapon (Unless you were a tank crewman or a Machine Gunner or Bazooka Operator). Okay, I'm done with off topic and back on topic. CPT Steele was using an M-4 and so was some of the medics. (Well on a technicality, some of the SF Operaters were actually using CAR-15's, But none the less they are all Models of the Colt M-4 Carbine)

Hello all!

I thank you for some of the replys

@Blazins: Thanks for the tags! Theyre such as we need smile_o.gif

@olemissrebel, Gordon Frohman: Thanks for the info guys we are actually having a conversation with one of the men that was in Mogadishu in that time.

I want to say that we havent even made something to post but we are working on addons and isle for now, we still dont know if were going to use already made weapons or are we going to create them ourselfs. But this is just week 2 so dont wait for something new already.. But stay tuned when we have something to show we are going to do it smile_o.gif

Our forum and website is almost ready.. gonna publish the link once its done

smile_o.gif

And if the tools are out for Armed Assault to edit we might just convert our work to ArmA and continue to work more deeper in this project smile_o.gif

Hi, here is news from bufferin.

I'm making some american army unit for OFP BHD MOD.

here is screenshot.

bhddelta6dd.th.jpg

and

bhddelta24ko.th.jpg

It's still WIP. So texture is not completed.

It will become more batter. ...I think.

I making 3 kind delta force(maybe 2)

and 2 kind ranger(maybe 1).

and building model.

This MOD will not use BAS delta and ranger. ...I guess.

So forget about screenshot Kenwort posted.

Sorry for my english.

Are you planning to include UN pecekeepers in this mod ?

There was in Somalia large force of UNOSOM II (United Nations Operation in Somalia) and some of their soldiers lost their lives too.

Hmm... what about a fights in urbanized areas? All people know that AI is stupid in fight in the city.

Any scripts?

huh.gif

Any other ways I can (try and) help?

ooh, btw, I suggest you use addons that are already out (There are Rangers and delta's from 1993 out!wink_o.gif and focus on map and mission making.

Hi again, I'm back for saying some news...

the creations of the Island is still continuing!

We are planning to create more that 400 house models...

yes, we are crazy, but we want a very good map for our MOD!

Don't worry, we are also planning to create 25x25m pieces of the city, so no problems with lag... I'm testing out another way of creating Mogadishu... I think that I will create real time destruction houses for OFP! (does DIB remember you somerthing?)

About AI stupidity in CQC... I'm also creating the Path LOD in all the models, to make sure AI will move near walls and in houses... do you remember my old Mogadishu map? it was implemented in it the use of this particular LOD...

As you can see, the path is around the house, and inside it:

pathlod7al.jpg

in this way, AI will move everywhere without start to act as a fool, stopping or moving around the same position wink_o.gif

Stay tuned, more to come!

Linker Split

It's not the M4, guys. The M4 Carbine went into service in 1994. It's the CAR-15.

Hey, did you see the BHD movie? The D-Boys were using CAR-15s.

It's not the M4, guys. The M4 Carbine went into service in 1994. It's the CAR-15.

roger that wink_o.gif

what was on the movie doesn't mean it was in real life, so for that people should read books or talk to mog veterans.

BTW, progressing steady wink_o.gif

But still Gedis, use common sense. Any AR-15-type carbine used by the US Military before 1994 was most likely a CAR-15.

Linker, what menu is that where you show the path lod, and what exactly is it? After all this time I have never seen that menu before. Learn something new all the time.

Hello everyone!

Just want to update some info:

About the UN there are some already made UN units and vechanicles but i think that we could make them ourselfs but if not then use the already made.

We have found our config god.. Thunderbird84 will help us with the config and GUI, we are planing to implent different aniations in west and east side, different sitting animation in littlebird, standing and shooting RPG and much more like lean, crouh move etc.

We will have some scripts made by Linker Split and Serial Killer..

were working on a good Rotor failure script.. etc

We will have two campaign one that is based on the movie and the other based on the Game Delta Force : BHD

Thats some info for now but there is more to come.. stay tuned smile_o.gif

the m14 was difrent like you show on first screan

the acog was in centre

OK,Bezo.

I'm using LSR weapon pack for my delta force.

and

I'm making it "like movie".

So,I dont care about real life gear and weapon.

What's the point of wasting time creating some half assed mod when we can just go play DF. If you're making a mod, actually make it, don't take the easy way and go for an unrealistic approach. It would take a few PMs to find out, as well as googling, anything you'd need to know. The movie was far from accurate, some scenes didn't even happen.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfi....04.html

and this is sniper armed in m14 with acog

That isnt an ACOG, its a standard scope. Looks like an M21. Did they even have ACOGs back then? Come to think of it, does it even matter? Just make the mod the way you like, and if someone doesnt like your weapon choices, they can config themselves. smile_o.gif

EDIT: I have to agree with Ole' there, never trust Hollywood to be accurate with anything :P

Linker, what menu is that where you show the path lod, and what exactly is it? After all this time I have never seen that menu before. Learn something new all the time.

The MAP dialog is used for editing the background image...

Unfortunately, this feature is not implemented in the end-user license application... it's only available (I think) in the VBS1 TOOL or in the first Objectiv (used to create macros, animations and all the game)...  banghead.gif

I tried everything possible, but it doesn't work... sorry Ebud sad_o.gif

----------------

I'm proud to present the first Screensavers from BHD MOD!

I just have finished to create other 6 house models... so I made a little city and create the screenshots!

mog6sw.th.jpg

-------

mog22mw.th.jpg

-------

Hope you'll like it!

I have used HYK units, CBT pack and 5t trucks pack!

Linker Split wink_o.gif

OK.

olemissrebel, I know what you want to say.

but this mod is not "conflict in somalia :1993" MOD.

This is OFP:BHD MOD.

Please read what Kenwort wrote. he said:

"We will have two campaign one that is based on the movie and the other based on the Game Delta Force : BHD"

I making soldier model for BHD MOD.

and BHD MOD is pointing to movie and PCgame.

not to real life somalia.

So,I will make it "like movie"

I will say this one more time.

I dont care about real life gear and weapon.

Any UN troops being made for the UNOSOM guys?

Yes, we are planning them... but first we need Delta and Rangers... and our good modela maker bufferin is making new ones... wink_o.gif

Anyway, let's stop discussing anymore ok?

Buffer was right, we are bsing this MOD on the movie and on the game not real somalia war in 1993...

Linker Split

Do you have a rough estimate on how many missions the Delta Force: Black Hawk Down game and Black Hawk Down movie campaigns will have?

Too bad that the Black Hawk Down mod isn't 'Black Hawk Down'.

Listen.... Evryone stop and read this... I'm going to spell it out for everyone.

This is an Operation Flashpoint Modification, Re-creating both the Motion Picture "Black Hawk Down" and Re-creating NovaLogic's "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down" It is going to be about the Events that happend on and before 3 October 1993. So it is all about Black Hawk Down, and the Events that led to the events of the 3rd of October. This mod IS "Black Hawk Down" So, Stop Complaining and Whining about This didnt happen and that Didnt happen and thats not right and this shouldnt be there. I'm not going to point fingers, You know who you are.

Good Job so far, Guys. I wanna be amazed Kenwort! Keep up the good work!

-- Gordon Frohman