Sign in to follow this  
selphe

Use of Ladders by AI

Is there anyway to get AI to use the ladders?

So far I either get a soldier starting right on top of a ladder and climbing down it before halting and doing nothing or (using waypoints) they just walk off the edge and plumet to their deaths.

Thanks

Selphe

Which building/object is it? Is the ladder already there or did you add it?

Add a waypoint attached to the building/object directly - I think anything that has an ID. Then modify the waypoint's Position # to one of the available positions for that building/object, then they won't walk off the edge.

Otherwise, you generally can't just use unattached waypoints on a building and have them patrol a rooftop, for instance, since they will think the waypoint is on the ground level and try to get there.

Thanks for the reply

The building is the control tower at the airport (id 1270).

I am pretty new to commands and scripts in armed assault, (I never had the need for them in the simple missions I made for OFP)

I had a quick look in the wiki and cannot get my head around creating or moving waypoints ingame.

I did find a command for OFP here

I am not sure if that command will work in armed assault? (has the object command been changed to nearest object in armed assault)

My head hurts enough for oneday so I will give it a break smile_o.gif

id like AI to use the ladders ive included in a building ive made... but the ladders wont work in ARMA for some reason... are they defined in a special way, or is this a matter of the tools coming out...? It would be cool if the AI couldd use the them...

Quote[/b] ]So far I either get a soldier starting right on top of a ladder and climbing down it before halting and doing nothing or

AI freezing when exiting bottom end of the ladder is a bug which will be fixed in the next patch. Other than that AI should use ladder automatically when getting to/from ordered position requires so, meaning with the version you have you they should be able to use ladders what going up.

Quote[/b] ]So far I either get a soldier starting right on top of a ladder and climbing down it before halting and doing nothing or

AI freezing when exiting bottom end of the ladder is a bug which will be fixed in the next patch. Other than that AI should use ladder automatically when getting to/from ordered position requires so, meaning with the version you have you they should be able to use ladders what going up.

Cool! You just saved me a new lumps on the noggin. Was trying everything to resolve them getting stuck at the top or bottom.