Sign in to follow this  
Pennywise

CWR Mission Conversion Status

Keygetys tool can do this, and mikero released some dos utils for doing batch type processing let me see if I can find the link.

Mikes Dos utils

Cool, nice find. I'll have to try this out later tonight! Thanks!

Alright Guys,

Here is my first beta version of the mission converter. This tool is meant to take OFP/OFP Res type missions and convert them to ArmA format for use with the new islands and addons. As more addons become available we can tweak a few configuration scripts and the tool will go through and update all missions smile_o.gif Given this is my first release, the config scripts are only configured to convert the OFP MPMissions. It possibly will convert many others, but I only focused on the missions I was assigned for the time being. Eventually we can work are way up to supporting more as we test this on more missions.

If any of you would like to contribute to the config files, please do. There are six config files located in the 'config' directory used for converting the missions:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Directory of D:\addons\ArmA\mission_converter\config

01/16/2007 01:16a 215 activeAddons.cfg ------- Used for setting up the active addons section in the missionl.sqm

01/15/2007 11:02p 229 addFiles.cfg ------------ Checks for legacy textures used as flags and whatnot and adds them to mission if needed

01/15/2007 01:04p 106 attribAssignments.cfg - Specify any new attribute assignments here; if you list pre-existing, it will be replaced by new value

01/15/2007 11:39p 74 classRemovals.cfg ------ Removes classes no longer in use from description.ext

01/15/2007 11:39p 541 classReplacements.cfg - Replaces preexisting classes with new classes

01/17/2007 02:16a 2,906 sqmCodeSwap.sed ----- reg expression script used for updating scripts and cpp formated files

To convert your missions, simply place your pbo missions in the 'original_missions' directory. 'CD' back to the mission_converter directory and run 'convert.bat' from DOS. Allow the tool to convert all missions. Then, you can take the pbos in the 'missions_converted' folder and use them with your ArmA install smile_o.gif

Please be aware this is beta and there are still 3 outstanding issues I have to resolve. The following will be fixed in next update:

* Downloadable content popup appears at each load because active addons section is missing

* No equivalent addon for replacing scud sad_o.gif Guess I need to figure out something else for this

* Return to Eden doesn't load because active-addons section is missing

That about sums it up for the first release. Please do give it a whril and let me know what you think. I would consider testing it first with the pbos I have in the download already. Thanks!

=) Cool, should save a lot of manual work when converting missions. smile_o.gif

I have updated the mission converter and merged in the updates. It should add the addOnsAuto array when missing. There are still some minor updates that need to take place, but please feel free to test things out. My ArmA install has been querky ever since my last driver update so I cant really test things right now.

I checked in all the missions from OFP. I made alot of new changes for automating mission conversion. There is now a build script in the root directory that will initiate the conversion process and covert all of the old missions located in legacy\OFP\missions and legacy\OFP\mpmissions. If there are any additional, missions that need conversion or you would like to replace any of the existing OFP missions with Elite missions, just copy them into these cooresponding folders, check them in, and run the build batch file. This will reconvert all the missions. You can proceed to checkin, the updated mission and mpmissions folders. Don't checkin 'dist' though, thats only for testing.

I still have to sync the campaign 'mission' changes with Hudson. I haven't included all the updates for this area as I haven't spoken with him in a while. Hopefully, he will be online soon so I can get his updates. Until then, please experiment and let me know what you think:)

Can't wait to play a quick steal the car mission or infantry again in ArmA biggrin_o.gif