Sign in to follow this  
tommo1968

RPG Damage.

Wht dont they kill soldiers? I fired one several times into a group of soldiers and not one died.

If the tank or truck blows up next to them they get killed by the blast but the initial explosion or a ground impact does nothing.

Anyone else notice this?

Cheers

Paul.

Yes.

The standart RPG round is made for penetrating armor.

That means, that it's explosive power is low. It's not meant for killing people. However you still can kill soldier by direct hit.

Yes, I noticed it too. In OFP you could take out a crowd of soldiers with a RPG, but not in ArmA. Unlike Deadfast, I think it is a bug. The RPG should give more damage to personel than it does now. A ground impact should kill the people within 1-2 meters ot the explosion, and injure those within 4-5 meters.

On a related note... did anyone notice that the RPG in ArmA has two kinds of ammunition, the PG7V and the PG7VR? Any idea about what the difference is? Could one be for personel and the other for armour?

I dont think one is supposed to survive firing several RPG rounds at one's own feet.. tounge2.gif

@This kid: From wiki:

Quote[/b] ]# PG-7V:

* Warhead: Single-stage HEAT

* Round weight: 2.6 kg (5.7 lb)

* Diameter: 70,5 mm (2.7")

* Penetration: Over 330 mm RHA (12.9")

# PG-7VL:

* Warhead: Single-stage HEAT

* Round weight: 2.6 kg (5.7 lb)

* Diameter: 93 mm (3.65")

* Penetration: Over 500 mm RHA (19.5")

# PG-7VR:

* Warhead: Tandem HEAT

* Round weight: 4.5 kg (9.9 lb)

* Diameter: 105 mm (4.1")

* Penetration: Over 600 mm RHA after reactive armor (23.4")

# OG-7V:

* Warhead: Fragmentation

* Round weight: 2 kg (4 lb)

* Diameter: 40 mm (1.6")

* Maximum effective area for people wearing body armor: 150 m (492 ft)

# TBG-7V:

* Warhead: Single-stage thermobaric

* Round weight: 4.5 kg (9.9 lb)

* Diameter: 105 mm (4.1")

* Kill radius: 10 m (33 ft)

wasnt this same issue in ofp and the damage from RPG's was increased?

maybe im imagining it.. i remember when you used to be able to blow up people but they'd die onthe spot and not get thrown anywhere :P

wasnt this same issue in ofp and the damage from RPG's was increased?

maybe im imagining it.. i remember when you used to be able to blow up people but they'd die onthe spot and not get thrown anywhere :P

The indirectHitRange is too short (0.2m). I guess it's fixed in the next patch, we'll see. smile_o.gif

A ground impact should kill the people within 1-2 meters ot the explosion, and injure those within 4-5 meters.

You are definetely wrong there !

Imagine a handgrade has around 200 grams of TNT and the kill radius! is 5 meters, the radius where infantry is heavily injured is 15 meters and the maximum is 200 meters and you tell me that a RPG with a warhead of several KGs should only have the same power ?

Im disappointed that ArmA has only one type of RPG7 warheads whereas there should be at least two. the HE (OG7) and ine HEAT (PG-7VL) ..

@ raedor - can we expect this in the next patch ?

SOBR[1st-I-R] @ Jan. 20 2007,17:33)]
A ground impact should kill the people within 1-2 meters ot the explosion, and injure those within 4-5 meters.

You are definetely wrong there !

Imagine a handgrade has around 200 grams of TNT and the kill radius! is 5 meters, the radius where infantry is heavily injured is 15 meters and the maximum is 200 meters and you tell me that a RPG with a warhead of several KGs should only have the same power ?

Im disappointed that ArmA has only one type of RPG7 warheads whereas there should be at least two. the HE (OG7) and ine HEAT (PG-7VL) ..

@ raedor - can we expect this in the next patch ?

a SABOT shell weights over twenty kg's, but wont put anything more in a car then a nice tiny hole. use it against a tank, however, and the tank's material will be pulled apart due to increased friction of the armor.

weapons are built with different purposes, there ARE RPG7 shells that are BUILT to kill humans, BUILT to destroy aircraft, , BUILT to penetrate armour,etc.