Sign in to follow this  
Atelophobia

Possible to turn off grass?

I really hope the grass is not scaled with the terrain. That would just be stupid. I like the grass, but I set my terrain to very low because it saves cpu power and there is not much of a difference. Why is it so hard to just have an option to turn grass on and off...

Take a look at the latest build (5116) of the demo. This will answer some of the questions about the grass.

i applied the new patch to the demo, it says grass will be turned off if i put terrain details to very low, but i put it to very low and it does not turn off the grass! confused_o.gif

i applied the new patch to the demo, it says grass will be turned off if i put terrain details to very low, but i put it to very low and it does not turn off the grass! confused_o.gif

It is a server side setting, the host controls it.

There are already grass free islands you can download. What is the big deal here? Problem is already solved.

marcus

There are already grass free islands you can download. What is the big deal here? Problem is already solved.

marcus

No, online play is a major part of the game.

I don't see much need to turn grass off though, it makes the game look bad. Object detail set to low seems to make the grass very thin, so that should be fine.

marcus

No, online play is a major part of the game.

I don't see much need to turn grass off though, it makes the game look bad. Object detail set to low seems to make the grass very thin, so that should be fine.

You can use those islands in online play. I mean the grass free islands.

Plus. BIS will likelly optimize this much more anyway.

marcus

i applied the new patch to the demo, it says grass will be turned off if i put terrain details to very low, but i put it to very low and it does not turn off the grass!  confused_o.gif

It is a server side setting, the host controls it

i started my own server up, but it still shows the grass on very low

marcus

Can you use the grass-free islands in the demo? I'm in Canada and as far as I know, there is no publisher for North America yet, so all I have is the demo for quite a while.

marcus

Can you use the grass-free islands in the demo?  I'm in Canada and as far as I know, there is no publisher for North America yet, so all I have is the demo for quite a while.

no, because the demo has a totally different island to the full game.

Well no but what addon does? I just mean that the solution already exists and once you have seen it, you realise how much you miss the grass. No going back for me.

I bought and downloaded mine from morphicon. Works like a charm with the language patcher.

marcus

Great, so one removes grass, another removes the stones. And the last one removes the forests. Prime cheatin' if nothin' else. whistle.gif

if you play coops and your computer is not that fast, then its a good feature to turn off grass. for MP its serversided i think.

Playing the coops, the grass seems, at least to me, to conseal me. Lying prine in the field east of the main road, the ai seem to only really see me if I've popped up to shoot from the kneeling position. I have had many successful coops where the plan centred on a push up that field.

I think the grass destroys the spirit of coop.

Its only for eye candy, nothing more. Ais don't see the grass like we do, there for they have advantage in that point of view. In other hand they seem not to see trough bush and trees (positive). smile_o.gif

Its possible to turn off the grass, only the wise can write down the info.

Soon we will have options for it too.

I vote remove/change grass the way BIS gave us.