Sign in to follow this  
Al Simmons

Entry tools

For the breaching charge..... Is there anything special I need to do in my p3d and config to make these work.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/alldoors.jpg

Basically the addon will be for mission builders to be able to decorate streets and close off areas.

And the ENTRY TOOLS would be perfect if i could get them to work with these editor objects

That`s why they`re called Flashbang, and not Flash grenade.

They are that loud as an normal HE grenade.

don't be a smartarse . I was simply trying make a point , as most games do the "bang" at to low a level.

For the breaching charge..... Is there anything special I need to do in my p3d and config to make these work.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e215/djfrogstar/alldoors.jpg

Basically the addon will be for mission builders to be able to decorate streets and close off areas.

And the ENTRY TOOLS would be perfect if i could get them to work with these editor objects

there some very fine doors there mate smile_o.gif

well we could use them with breach and jackhammer fore entry.

would be nice if actual door and frame were seperate objects.this way we can manipulate door after explosion or jackhammer anim.

pm either me or al simmons and we add you to icq andmaybe talk some more there about what can be achieved.

@icehollow, sounds will be same as the already released flashbang in al simmons fac addon. its dl in a& complete. go try see what you think, they are v loud ,imo. but go check anyway

or maybe we add some glass panels heres a very early w.i.p

early glass test arma

i need to start the break a bit higher ,but x,y,z in arma is strange as hell

looks good ill consider this for the future of GOL clan's tatics

thx for the good work smile_o.gif

Sorry but i have to delay the release to the end of next week.

Only work to do is fine tunning some scripts, balancing the units loadouts and Betatesting in SP and MP.

Reason is a longer BETA-Test so we can keep bugs and problems low.

F..awsome stuff guys.

But a couple of questions.

Is the colapsable ladder based on a real object?

With the brick wall, could you maybe remove a higher percentage of the bricks above the point of 'impact' in order to reflect the effects of gravity?

I guess only a slight bias would be required.

Just thought to add.

Have you thought about those torso length battering rams that so many police and tactical groups use.

A tricky one for animating I suppose as technically they're a two man job

F..awsome stuff guys.

But a couple of questions.

Is the colapsable ladder based on a real object?

With the brick wall, could you maybe remove a higher percentage of the bricks above the point of 'impact' in order to reflect the effects of gravity?

I guess only a slight bias would be required.

The bricks are not part of this addon. Also a ram would only make sense when we have tools to create animations and when the interactive destroyable buildings are made.

quick progress update

all scripts finished and al has sent to his mates with a dedictae server for mp testing ,so fingers crossed it should be ready for release at the end of the week.

meanwhile heres a couple of vids sewn together whilst i was checking out some of the features in the editor.

testing vids youtube

p.s hope to have bricks and glass out as soon as possible.

Cant wait chaps, great work, notworthy.gif

thx, this week is dedicated to BETA-Testing in MP and SP, so hopefully next weekend we can present u the mostly bugfree version.

IMO for flashbangs, the initial bang should be very loud.

I was watching a CRW doc last night that said flashbangs are as loud as standing next to a jet engine.

BANG!!! crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was watching a CRW doc last night that said flashbangs are as loud as standing next to a jet engine.

Bit tricky to compare like-for-like due to the noise characteristics of each, but sufficient to say that both are f-ing loud (to use the industry terminology).

edit: typo