Sentralia

WraithGames seeks applicants

adgw6.png

Team name:

WraithGames (NOT a registered company)

Project name:

Chechnya Conflict (working title)

Brief description:

The goal is to represent the recent conflict in Chechnya by recreating weapons, vehicles, and battles with historical accuracy. In addition, many updates will be added to the current Armed Assault engine, to make the vehicles and weapons act true to real-life.

Target aim:

To create and release the total conversion mod.

Compensation:

None.

Technology:

Armed Assault engine, BIS modding tools.

Talent needed:

Game Designer 1

Modelers 2 (assumed you can texture)

Programmers 2

Team structure:

I'm a C++ programmer/Web-admin/Game Designer

Website should be up by Friday. Here is my WIP:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404....MG]

Contacts:

tonycapp3@yahoo.com

Additional Info:

Any questions/comments should be sent to the address above. If you are applying, please include some of your work.

Hi, can I beta test your mod.

Hello. If you have any questions or if you want to apply, use the email address provided. To answer your question, we don't need beta testers at the moment. Only, the positions specified.

Hi, can I beta test your mod.

Hello. If you have any questions or if you want to apply, use the email address provided. To answer your question, we don't need beta testers at the moment. Only, the positions specified.

Please? xmas_o.gif

There is nothing to beta test. The mod is just starting up, and I need the basic positions filled, first.

But when you are ready, beta testers are a hot commodity! I just wanted to make sure I was replying first, to have the highest oppertunity of checking out this kick-a** mod before all the other people out there!

Good beta testers are extremely rare. But I sincerely

doubt that someone who jumps on a mod even before

it has started, with "checking [it] out before all the other

people out there" as their declared motivation is very

likely to have the necessary credentials.

most people that cry about becomeing beta testers are just trying to get things other people dont have...

they dont do anything beta-testing related...

if you want to "hire" good beta testers go with the folks

that have experience in modding at least for 3 years.

these people can really help you, as they also will/might know the solution for occuring problems instead of some beta-wannabe-jerks that just fool around with it and their only constructive critisism is "i dont like that/ that doesnt work...."

such people should be just kicked in their arse for being complete dorks..

sorry folks

Sadly fact with the beta-testers... Neph speaking out of my soul... confused_o.gif

I guess hooahman is the (wannabe?) little brother of another member of this forum, unlucky for him he lacks of his big brother's (sometimes at least) brilliant irony and corrosive sarcasm. icon_rolleyes.gif

@Sentralia

Keep it up and good luck. wink_o.gif

Klavan

Another '5 days' mod. Great. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, to add something useful to this thread i'd say that wotever you do DON'T do it just because you believe ppl want it.

ALWAYS do what YOU want - everything else is just a waste of time. smile_o.gif So good luck to you in the future mate.

If I can't get help with the mod, how can it survive? I've gotten two people interested, and they have never wrote back. I'm not going to spend the effort and money for a site, in which no one is interested. However, I've learned that trying to do something NEW is not good, I guess WW2 mods attract more attention icon_rolleyes.gif

Why? You can create things yourself, if you don't know how, you can learn them wink_o.gif. The deal is to not give up. Also don't get a site until you really have to, or want to. It looks to me like the first step you took is a site, it should've been a last. First step is getting a good accurate idea of what you want, then an art list and get working on the art in some program or O2 itself, then export it/code it once the tools get out.

This sounds very interesting. Too bad you decided to let the mod die, I guess there's just too much to do without a team though.

Oh well, I don't like the idea too much. It would be exactly like Flashpoint, same vehicles, weapons, blahhhhh. For now, I'm done with this idea. Perhaps in the future I will think of another idea, but it will probably fail, and no one will join, repeat.... Thank you for your wasted time!

Damnit!!! i was so looking forward to playing this mod too. sad_o.gif

Unless someone can find the positions I want, then it's over. No one wants to be a part of a mod, they don't like. Not many people know about this conflict, which is why people don't join. WW2 mods will always attract attention, anything else is pick-and-hope for the best. I tried to set realistic goals, with a presentable job request, and present it on multiple forums. However, this doesn't work at all! Does my request have to be in 1337 for people to understand? I guess professionalism is out of date or something?

A bit of advice

As people have said, only do something that you want to do, there is no point making something for public demand, as there is such a huge diversity you will always have people interested in something.

Start small, don't jump in the deep end and say i need these x amount of positions filled, truth of the matter is people wont look twice, you yourself need to be able to create "at least something" in order to "present" your work to the willing community whom of which might decide to help, one post describing very breif information and the rest of it dedicated to positions will put off a lot of punters. Normally you don't have to take a active recruitment, if people are interested they will contact you!

Don't give up so easily either, this also shows that you don't have the dedication to see it through, stick with it, even if its just you, you will start to earn some reputation and with that you will start to get a larger and larger fan base!

I have lost count over the years about the "1 day mod" posts, expressing ideas, needing people to do all the work, it doesn't work like that.

And it doesn't help that respected members are also very sarcastic about this sort of thing, it doesn't help the new members who do look for help. Remember we all started off like this at some point, With the enthusiasm, the ideas, just not the right approach. Remember that!

Good luck!

Nick smile_o.gif

@Sentrailia: Tell me what exactly do you want to have for this mod? And tell me a time you may need for the developement... BATTLE ARTS COMPANY can support you if you want... Tell me if you are interested...

EDIT: PM me...

Ok, thanks! I'm going to rethink of a new idea. The more I thought about the Chechnya mod, the less enthused I became about it. I'm going to think about it more this time, and create something to present.

Well, you have some stuff already ingame though, you got the T-72, BMP-2 and BRDM-2. However you would need T-80s and something a bit newer with the APCs.