Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

AAN - ArmA Navy

Looking for some feedback on the MP performance of the Frigates .....

In the meantime, some further work on Submarines;

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>

</span>

great video Gnat ! now it is armed, it gives another threat and lot of fun hunting it

good job smile_o.gif

to Gnat

no matter how I hate ur 2 year topics about addons u just releasing I have to admit that ur work is fantastic. Ur frigates and all this scripts and now subs looks awesome. I hope that it's going to be easy remake them for upcoming Arma2 so most of players can play it.

Concerning ur Delta sub vid, I have to remind u ( i think u know that by ur self ) that Delta is SSBN, which means it carries nukes only. So, I can understand about ground attack but u definitely have to remove option of naval attack. Once i've seen u have 3d model of Akula, which one is SSN and it can fire the Naval targets. Any way, I understand that for small space as Sahrani it might be not so important but still, u know, it depends will u separate Delta and Akula same way as Seawolf and Los Angeles ( same way as Bomber and Interceptor for air ).

loved the sub wip video! is the subs going to be your next releases? not asking for a release date just asking if thats next on your list!

Concerning ur Delta sub vid, I have to remind u ( i think u know that by ur self ) that Delta is SSBN, which means it carries nukes only. So, I can understand about ground attack but u definitely have to remove option of naval attack. Once i've seen u have 3d model of Akula, which one is SSN and it can fire the Naval targets. Any way, I understand that for small space as Sahrani it might be not so important but still, u know, it depends will u separate Delta and Akula same way as Seawolf and Los Angeles ( same way as Bomber and Interceptor for air ).

Russian Ballistic Nuclear submarines carry enough torpedoes to adaquately defend themselves, but far fewer than their fast attack counterparts.

To treat or assume an SSBN as defenseless is to invite disaster.  Take it from a very experienced person in modern naval strategic warfare who's pulled quite a few "rabbit out of the hat" tricks against my opponents.

Russian Ballistic Nuclear submarines carry enough torpedoes to adaquately defend themselves, but far fewer than their fast attack counterparts.

To treat or assume an SSBN as defenseless is to invite diaster.  Take it from a very experienced person in modern naval strategic warfare who's pulled quite a few "rabbit out of the hat" tricks against my opponents.

torpedos - yes

anti navy rockets - no

actually, u can read all in wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_class_submarine

by the way, i see u have FLEET COMMAND sighn, if u want to play it in multi write me a PM, I like this game too wink_o.gif

@soldier2390

Maybe, its between these subs, the B52 and the Sarancha.

Bit of a race as to who technical issues are resolved first.

Work still progressing on the subs.

Some pics.

Last pic is a brand new texture for the Delta IV

Los Angeles needs changing layout per their Upgrade in RL.

Suba_6.jpg

Suba_7.jpg

Suba_8.jpg

Nice looking models Gnat, you are doing better with textures too wink_o.gif Nice to see things on the sea too, makes me want to start modeling some coastal defences eheheheh smile_o.gif

Siiiick!

It's great that you concentrate your efforts on addons that are not already in the game. No offence to the great work people have done on soldiers/vehicles/armour, what I mean is there were no boats, subs or strategic bombers in Arma, now there are!

Will you add some of the shinyness maps on the subs to give 'em that metalic feel? smile_o.gif

Nice subs Gnat and the textures too

Good job , buddy

some small part of info about Project-667BDRM (DELTA-IV):

page 1

page 2

page 3

page 4

page 5

there is also same info about torps, balistic missiles, anti-ship missiles, but i'm too lazy...  whistle.gif and i think you have it all already.

BTW, looking good gnat  thumbs-up.gif

wow you really do impress me gnat! good work bud! i wish i knew half of what you do! lol

dont feel rushed we all know what you can do and that you will do it! notworthy.gif

Wow, those subs look sweet!  No Akula attack sub?  I have pretty descent plans of the Akula sub.  Let me know if you want them.

GD Mast

@ Godhammer

LOL ... start the defense!

@[CAS] Daniel n Commando84

The new texture is using spectral maps, but I don't want to overdo the metal (or glass) sheen. Can make them look fake.

I'll try to balance before release.

@eddyD

Thanks man! Coming from you and all wink_o.gif

.... I'm getting better at this "layer" development method.

@Gedis

Very nice stuff mate ! Thanks.

The tower antenne detail will be handy.

@GD Mast

Yep, at this stage OPFOR may have 2 subs at release (Akula + DeltaIV), BLUFOR 1.

I recently found the nice Akula graphic on;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akula_class_submarine

But if you have something better/different, I be interested.

Cheers

@Rest

Thanks smile_o.gif

ey cool! Didn't knew subs had rubber on them  biggrin_o.gif

yup its a new thing i think

i think it stops ships from finding tham i think huh.gif?

Guest RKSL-Rock
ey cool! Didn't knew subs had rubber on them  biggrin_o.gif

yup its a new thing i think

i think it stops ships from finding tham  i think huh.gif?

Its not really new. They've been using Anechoic tiles on subs since the 70's. The Soviets apparently started the modern use but the Germans invented it in the 40's in response to the more effective British Sonar.

Its has a sound damping effect on sonar and sound generated inside the subs which makes them harder to both actively and passively track with sonar.