Sign in to follow this  
major woody

OFP addons into ArmA!

Out of all the really really great addons there were for OFP you know what I'd really like to see? NIM Weather.

I could spend hours flying through those clouds man and doing a HALO through them on CAT's Afghan island with 5k viewdistance... SWEET.

Like this

and this

So bring back NIM weather!

Would like to see the Chinook - CH-47, and i think they were called ZU-23s? The AA guns, 2 manned things. It was an addon for the commies in OFP.

Cheers

GC

Very nice model, but that 3D Max is not at all sexy, looks edgy and like crap.

"Fools and children should never see things half-done"

The only fool is the one showing a half-arse picture of a 3D-model that isn't any particular at all, and calling it sexy...

@Lockheed Martin$ch:

Nice stuff, is it fully operational in ArmA?

Nogova 2 from Mapfact, now that ArmA has a slightly more 'less laggy' engine you should be able to play the map.

As well as CoC arty and LSR Delta/Rangers.

There are really too many things that need to be in ArmA, but some of them are little things that make all the difference...

ALL of (yes, even the good old stuff!!! ) :

BlackBaron's addons,

Philcommando's addons,

Col. Klink's Addons (and those he worked on),

Footmunch's Planes,

Scrub's Addons,

Capt. Moore's Addons,

Nephilim's Addons,

DKM's Addons,

Mig's addons,

CSJ's addons,

Hawk's addons,

Gnat's addons,

Bratty's addons,

Everon Cartel's addons,

Mapfact Addons,

Martin's addon's,

John's addons,

AEF's addons,

BOH Mod addons,

DSF's addons,

BAS's addons,

RKSL's addons,

all working "mech" addons...

... and many other complete mods and demos that were released as well as individual addons whose authors I don't remember right now but once again thank for having them...

notworthy.gif

This plane looks great!!! notworthy.gif

What do you think to create an Hercules C-130. I think it would be a great addon for ArmA too! rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]ZU-23s? The AA guns, 2 manned things. It was an addon for the commies in OFP.

This one is included in VITAPC PACK 1.4 smile_o.gif

None...Its time for a new beginning tounge2.gif .

I'm looking forward to PUKF new and improved units, there warrior is superb and it makes my mouth water just thinking about the improved textures in ArmA.

Frenchpoint addons are also a must as there creations are fantastic.

BWmod is another one i'm very much looking forward too.

yeah.. right about time --I was going to open the same thread biggrin_o.gif

it would be great to have

- anything BAS'

- anything UKF' (faces in arma still look unrealistic --they would look cool only under facecovers and goggles biggrin_o.gif)

- BLB UK

- CAT sand storm from CAT Afghanistan wink_o.gif

- Nephilim' &.. (who was that..? rfj...?) mercenaries (I'm sure they will do that soon anyway)

- OFrP

- SEF humvees & CH53

- peugeot boxer, Mechanic's if I'm not wrong,

- mercedes 200 (I don't remember who made it...)

- toyota hilux (from Mercs THS I belive)

- BWMOD Mans

- CBT m977 and 978

anyway I'm sure many of them will port their ofp stuff to arma sooner or later...

(or not)

a toyota hilux is already in ArmA :P

the offroad cars wink_o.gif

but they are called Coyota and not Toyota wink_o.gif

just fix them up with a DShK (also in the game) :P

oh.. and i would like some swedish stuff....

however, it´s very unlikely that SFP will do anything for ArmA.

None...Its time for a new beginning

I'd have to agree with you there.

I don't mind OFP stuff being ported over if its properly re-worked to suit the ArmA engine, but porting stuff just because its there to be ported, or for the point of porting is just nonsensical.

Very few, if any, addons for OFP are "up to standard" for ArmA, I dont even consider the BAS choppers good enough (far too many textures, "dodgy" mapping, scripts need re-working etc) to port.

If people put the effort in to sort the mapping, named selections, new LODs, new material files (essentially re-work the addon) then sure, go for it. But just dragging stuff over from OFP without upgrading it is a no no IMHO.

i also highly agree with deadmeat.

arma uses the resources (textures, polys) properly

and the old ofp addons dont.

its a totaly nightmare to redo all of the stuff, but also just to "import" that ""crap"" into arma with those ancient layouts..

it simply doesnt fit.

atm people really need to go into the depth of proper modelling and texturing, cause in ofp this was haywire..

I thought that was a given? I believe that you don't have to tell that to anybody who knows what he's doing.

no

just look at the ofp addons.

must people do NOT know about proper resource handling yet.

arma changes alot

people need to change their ways of modeling/texturing

Totally agree with you DeadMeat and nemphilim!

What I do is porting the OFP addons over to ArmA to look if they fit the surrounding. If they fit, I stop work until the tools are released because only then you really know what all has to be redone.

If the model doesn't fit the surrounding at all I don't even have to do the effort of bring it up to date.

As I stated in my last post, we do NOT need a n^x M4 just every version has a higher poly count to look "more realistic". The BIS units/vehicles/weapons now look really great! This should be the standard to create new units for expansion - not the same unit a hundred times.

Expansions means: Everything that's missing in the game compered to reality. And believe me, there are hell enough things we can create to expand ArmA so it's nonsense to redo already good enough things (BIS units)...

This is my dream in a short cut, but I had that dream also for OFP confused_o.gif

oh.. and i would like some swedish stuff....

however, it´s very unlikely that SFP will do anything for ArmA.

According to what I heard from my swedish friend, someone is working, or going to work, on converting SFP to Armed Assault.

I sure hope so, definately one of the best addonpacks out there, very complete, and highquality!

Of course what's intended here is a query which addons there were in OFP that people would like to see a comeback of in ArmA, and although everybody likes high-quality addons, many low-quality addons were and still are used simply because they are really FUN to have and use, and we users are happy about having all the great addons you addonmakers give us (though there will always be some people who will never be satisfied no matter how excellent an addon is).

thumbs-up.gif

no

arma changes alot

I was thinking people would pick up on the normal things with ArmA, like 1 texture map for one gun, not 15 as I've seen once.

no

arma changes alot

I was thinking people would pick up on the normal things with ArmA, like 1 texture map for one gun, not 15 as I've seen once.

You'd be surprised... icon_rolleyes.gif