Sign in to follow this  
Boomer1985

Arma Navy

This looks great afr!

What's about the Polycount? any infos on that?

@ag_smith: i already had your ship in my mind and some info material on my desk... this would be very usefull i think...

Much more useful for ARMA than all those big ships.

lol   tounge2.gif  to you too Mr Smith wink_o.gif

As you might guess ... I disagree, ArmA is *much* more suited to anything at sea, be it big, small, armed, unarmed, moving or stationary.

GUys i like the idea creating ships but i believe that the sea is not large enough for naval warfare. Maybe if there were two large islands with ports with some distance between eachother.

So i guess a new map with two different islands maybe could do the job.

THats my opinion , in OFP i never used naval vessels maybe its time for it now.

Cheers

He heh he he, you've never played a 1 vs 1 multiplayer Fleet Command scenario (modern naval war strategy) with multiple ships with heavy firepower fighting at knifefight ranges (20 miles or less).  Many of these battles are extremely fast, complex, and intense.

That's more than small enough to fit in the "box"  that is the size limit for OFP maps.

suicide bombers anyone?

or how about the pilots.... with the parachutes... or maybe the..fbI? lol whistle.gif

Gnat @ Jan. 07 2007,11:33)]
Much more useful for ARMA than all those big ships.

lol tounge2.gif to you too Mr Smith wink_o.gif

As you might guess ... I disagree, ArmA is *much* more suited to anything at sea, be it big, small, armed, unarmed, moving or stationary.

Nah, you sir, are absolutely biased! tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

I haven't said big ships are useless, but just look at that sexy SOC... with all these multiple turrets, it's just asking to be improted to arma wink_o.gif

Some Navy Units would be great!!!! biggrin_o.gif

A Tawara Class ship would be cool too!

From there you could start a Special operation!

I would prefered the Navy Seals they are outstanding!!

Here an example for such a unit.

pict0011vj4.jpg[/code]

IB Code mate, use the options for IB code for image mate, much easier: (Btw, its over 100kb so you cant post it as an image, must be a link)

Looks like:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6983/pict0011vj4.jpg[/IMG]

On topic, Landing ships are a must as some landings would be brilliant in ArmA

i dont get it, what so good about navy sealss, like, whats the hype. please explain.. i wanna be hyped also =D

i dont get it, what so good about navy sealss, like, whats the hype. please explain.. i wanna be hyped also =D

Yeah lets talk SAS.. pistols.gif

Yeah id love to see some big ships in arma to see there Firepower.. muahaha.. rofl.gif also like to see that Dock Landing Ship too biggrin_o.gif

hmmm, add GIGN, maybe an easteregg model 1337 from cs source (hate that game, love armA) and also add SAS and urban riot control. wink_o.gifpistols.gif

I posted this thought in gnat's thread as well. There are several guys working on larger ships. What's missing are the small craft; patrol boats, landing craft, and the like. I've been watching R. Lee Ermey chew up the scenery lately on "Mail Call", and I've gotten a thirst to see some coastal naval action. whistle.gifxmas_o.gif

Have to agree with sarge rock here, we need the smaller stuff for more fun times, stuff like PBR, Gemini, Rigid raider etc but saying that i love the Soviet Aist class hovercraft and i would love to see that in Arma so we could drive it onto the beach and disgorge the vehicles and men it can carry pistols.gif

some suggestions wink_o.gif

RoRo ships and gator freighters and amphibs would be very usefull to reinforce and strengthen combined arms formations (armored division XX)

a two man canoe for small scale insertions .. or from where raids on larger ships can be launched .. a la cockleshell heros

Maybe people should find pictures of an actual navy seal and stop posting that doll around?... Oh yeah should release your ka-29

@gl33k Actually i'm planning to modify the UH60 that already ships with ArmA as soon as the tools are released to model a Seahawk out of it! As the Seahawk is just a midified Blackhawk it's easier that way b/c the ingame Blackhawk is modeled pretty good so it's not necessary to remodel the whole thing...

@Boomer1985:

EXCELLENT!

That is so needed for the destroyers

for LAMPS missions. I was considering making one for my destroyers,

but now that you do it, me and others can concentrate on their ships.

Template Config, any around to base copy some/most ships from OFP over? whistle.gif

some suggestions wink_o.gif

RoRo ships and gator freighters and amphibs would be very usefull to reinforce and strengthen combined arms formations (armored division XX)

Most of the Falklands ships including Ro-Ro's, amphibs, Destoryers, Light Carriers will either be rebuilt or converted for ArmA...

Also a few new ships such as Ocean and some older WW2 ships suitable for both raiding or NGS, (larger shisp iwll be statics currently, but smaller under 250ft will move!wink_o.gif

I was thinking of fishermanships,some nice yacht like in baywatch and stuff, and oh oh you have got to put in a kanoe for nice camping tripes.

seriusly.