Sign in to follow this  
Boomer1985

Arma Navy

I decided to go further with my Ticonderoga! I like to implement more naval vessels into ArmA and that's why i'm asking you:

What ships do you want to have?

Feel free to post any idea and we'll see if it's possible to make.

Additionally i'm looking for experienced Texture Artists and Scripters!!!

How about some fast attack boats or the russian equivalent to the ticonderoga?

A 1936 Tribal class destroyer, please!   smile_o.gif

edit: seriously, some small boats would be good and

quite useful, not all just big ships.

Fully functional ships for amphibiuos operations like Tarawa, Wasp, Harpes Ferry and so on.

Klavan

I think that given the cool Zodiac, that it'd be great to have a surfaced submarine, or maybe just a submarine sail that can be used for 'middle of the night' commando insertions.

Just my 2c wink_o.gif

Small landing vessels to bring troops up to the beach.

And maybe just for some great intro's.........a submarine.

You dont really have to make it a working one, if it could be just moving through the water and dive you will see me smile smile_o.gif

[edit]Stewy beat me to it wink_o.gif

I was going to suggest a submarine too! I'm going to do one

for my planned "mini-mod" (but it'll be a WW2 British boat and

therefore of interest to almost nobody on here tounge2.gif )

I think that given the cool Zodiac, that it'd be great to have a surfaced submarine, or maybe just a submarine sail that can be used for 'middle of the night' commando insertions.

Just my 2c wink_o.gif

It's rahter unlikely a modern sub will surface to insert special forces. The new Seawolf Class was designed to transport SEAL operators instead of torpedoes (and they are inserting llike torpedos or cruise missiles through the tubes). So you will never see the sub and only maybe the SEALs when they reached land. wink_o.gif

Fully functional ships for amphibiuos operations like Tarawa, Wasp, Harpes Ferry and so on.

Klavan

I am working on an LPD17 wink_o.gif

Some Big Battleships with huge multiple guns ^^ for Arty biggrin_o.gif People will totally buy the game then biggrin_o.gif just think power smile_o.gif

Frigates like the HMS Belfast perhaps.

A rowing boat might be nice.

the proper belfast would be better not a pocksy frigate 12 6inch guns are better than one 4 inch

Mark V PBR, HSV-2 Swift and Pegasus class PHMs, the latter was retired from service back in '93 and sold in '96 (perhaps the Sharani navy bought them). And the LCAC if the game engine is able to handle it.

I'd like a pedal boat with a 50 cal and a plentiful supply of hand grenades.

pedalboat.gif

Perfect for any rebl force.

Needed list for ArmA ships not mentioned already:

US

Arliegh Burke DDG (1 or 2 models available for this)

Oliver Hazard Perry (model available from OFP addon)

Sacremento AOE

- its a resupply ship

Nimitz CVN (model available from OFP addon)

Newport LST

LSD, forgot the classification name.

Improved LA SSN

Seawolf SSN

Virgina SSN

Ohio SSBN/SSGN

Russia

Sovernmeny DDG (High priority)

Slava CG (High priority)

Krivak FFG

Grisha FFL

Kirov CGN (low priority)

Akula I/II SSN

Typhoon SSBN (High priority)

Delta IV SSBN

Kilo SSK

LPD, (will find classification name soon)

Alligator LST

Will update this list as soon as I get more information.

GUys i like the idea creating ships but i believe that the sea is not large enough for naval warfare. Maybe if there were two large islands with ports with some distance between eachother.

So i guess a new map with two different islands maybe could do the job.

THats my opinion , in OFP i never used naval vessels maybe its time for it now.

Cheers

First off i think about ships as an operation base...

Maybe if new maps are release we could realize some navy battles...

Ah by the way i contacted gnat b/c he's going to port his ofp ships over to arma... maybe we can make a naval combat pack together or whatever... depends on him...

regards boomer

@Boomer1985

You're right: that's why I think the most usefull ships would be the ones who may be used to support ground operations. Large aircraft carriers and similar are nice for example, but like the ones who were created for OFP they were mostly used as subjects for the CP thread....

My 2 cents.

Klavan

For example my Ticonderoga will be a static object first for fire support and helicopter operations... we'll see what comes out wink_o.gif For real navy battles the actual maps are too small...

Speaking of Littoral Warfare....

Ropucha

Quote[/b] ]The Project 775 Ropucha Large Landing Ship (Bol'shoy Desatnyy Korabl' BDK) is a beachable, general-purpose LST-type design with bow and stern ramps for unloading vehicles. A slightly smaller successor to the Alligator class, they were all built in Poland three distinct production runs. The last three units were an improved version with some variations in detail. Many have been retired, and remaining units may be in reserve, given the Russian Navy's decreased emphasis on amphibious operations.

Given the designation Large Landing Ship, the Ropucha class of tank landing ship was produced in Poland for the Soviet Navy. designed for roll-on, roll-off operations, the Ropucha design has both bow and stern doors, and the 630 square metres of vehicle deck stretches the length of the hull. The multi level supersturcture is designed to house two companies of naval infantry for extended periods. This, together with a 450 ton cargo capacity and the ability to carry 24 armoured vehicles, allowed the Soviet navy to employ the vessels on distant ocean operations. The collapse of the Soviet Union meant that capability was unlikely to be needed by Russia and the Ukraine, which inherited most of the ships of this class.

The class is not particularly well-characterized in the literature, and while all indicated names and numbers have been reported, the association of designations with the construction chronology is entirely conjectural, apart from the three Project 775M units. Although only 22 units have been identified through names or hull numbers, the production shipyard is quite specific that a total of 28 were produced.

Crew: 98 crew + 225 marines + tracks + tanks

Armament:

Missiles: 4 x 8 Strela (SS-N-3)

Grad missile system

Guns: 2 x 2 AK-726 DP (2 x 76 mm)

2 x 6 AK-630 gattl. AA

(6 x 30 mm; r: 6'000rds/m/mount)

1 AK-176 (76 mm)

Cargo: 482 tons, approx 230 troops

Classification: Bol'shoy Desatnyy Korabl' (BDK); Large Landing Ship.

s_rop_01.jpg

s_rop_02.jpg