Sign in to follow this  
Fireeagle

Modleader searching for a team!

Hi I want to make a new WW2 Mod for ArmA called "Battlefields of Europe".

I know the tools aren't released yet but if someone has interesst just post here.

If you want to join my team you don't have to be perfect, you just have to know the basics.

It would be great if someone would help me!! wink_o.gif

What exactly are you going to do? Full conversion or just a bunch of addons? Can you tell us which years of the war you want to cover?

regards boomer

There are already a few teams with a lot of experience in making WW2 addons, you could try to join one of them and work on their addons and they might give you some help with your project.

Here  smile_o.gif

I do 3d models in O2 Light, 3ds max, Cinema4d.

I am also good in texturing (Adobe PS 8, BodyPaint 4d).

So, you can write me:

Email: mr.anonym@volny.cz

Generic scheme for a WWII mod anouncement:

Quote[/b] ]Hi I'm [cool name]*,

when I sat on the toilet five minutes ago I came up with a fantastic idea for a mod. Why not make a WWII mod, this particular period of history hasn't been covered in depth by any game or mod before. Let's call it [insert generic WWII game name here]*.

I'll do the mod leader because I've no experience with modding at all and can't offer any other useful skills.

So I still need a team that can do all the work, please contact me [icq address]*. To join my team, you don't need to be perfect, I know shit about modding anyway.

This mod is gonna be great smile_o.gif

[insert your own stuff here]

I'm not going to specialize me on a scenario because we can use the same units also for a other scenario. We've just got to make a other map.

I want to make a full conversion WW2 Mod and not just some addons.

when I sat on the toilet five minutes ago I came up with a fantastic idea for a mod. Why not make a WWII mod, this particular period of history hasn't been covered in depth by any game or mod before. Let's call it [insert generic WWII game name here]*.

I'll do the mod leader because I've no experience with modding at all and can't offer any other useful skills.

So I still need a team that can do all the work, please contact me [icq address]*. To join my team, you don't need to be perfect, I know shit about modding anyway.

This mod is gonna be great  smile_o.gif

My point exactly.

I don't know which people you'll attract until you get something done and start showing some actual work and some actual skills, instead of looking like that quote.

It'd be even worse if you went like this:

I need peepz to mod. I can be teh leader and organize stuff.

That just spells out disaster.

@Afro

Oh and WWII can still be a fun theme, if done right wink_o.gif. There are some parts of WWII that still haven't been raped to oblivion. You don't always have to mod Normandy and the airborne, or mother russia fighting off the fascist invaders! In most games you get the russian side represented, the us side and the (in every game evil) germans. What about the japanese? What about the norwegians? What about the finns(FDF got this covered though), they put on a fight. What about the British(I44, although the island is laggy the units are great). What about the italians?

I could go on and on.

This mod is gonna be great smile_o.gif

----

Generic scheme for a spampost

Quote[/b] ][Text]

[insert your own shit here]

Whine whine and whine

Get the fuck out of the thread if you don't got anything to say! mad_o.gif

@J W: You're not a mod. This was rude and spamming, resulting in a WL. Use the RTM function next time. Thanks smile_o.gif

@Afro: Please stop spamming this thread.

@Fireeagle: I suggest you to join one of the existing WW2 mods... wink_o.gif

I've discussed this theme for 2 weeks in german forums.

I asked which mod they wanted and one begann to say that he wants a WW2 mod and most others agreed.

So I'm going to make a WW2 mod and I have skills in modelling! pistols.gif

It would be nice if you could tell me some WW2 mods for ArmA.

Invasion44 gave it up!

Thanks!!

Here's one

I'm not sure about the other one though. Also I'd like to use this quote:

Quote[/b] ]"Amazing things will happen here soon. You just wait..." Dr. Malcolm Betruger

Perhaps some of you will get the hint. wink_o.gif

@J W: You're not a mod. This was rude and spamming, resulting in a WL. Use the RTM function next time. Thanks smile_o.gif

Crap, I thought I would get away with swearing confused_o.gif

Yes, but anyways:

My bad, excuses, and it shall not happen again.

Invasion44 gave it up!

Thanks!!

Inv44 is not dead!

They are working together with FDF mod.

and for me... inv44 will be for me the best WWII mod, so for me is not an another WWII mod needed. That was just my opinion!

Sentry

I've discussed this theme for 2 weeks in german forums.

I asked which mod they wanted and one begann to say that he wants a WW2 mod and most others agreed.

So I'm going to make a WW2 mod and I have skills in modelling! pistols.gif

But you still haven't given any more details here. I agree

with the detractors that posting like you did is hardly an

advertisement.

ArmA lends itself very well to "low tech" WW2 era warfare

and there are aspects of it that haven't been touched by

other mods (and the existing mods have often been wide

of the mark even in their own chosen scenarios). WW2 was

fought in all terrains from baking desert to frozen steppe

and steamy jungle, and tactics and weaponry were adapted

to accommodate them - all of this is a fine study in itself.

Most of this has barely even been considered by modders

so far. There is still plenty of scope for WW2 and post war

mods.

Inv44 is not dead!

Ummm sorry to say you're wrong.

It is GrimErazer & co who are working on that "Lapland War" project. It is told to be island and campaign using units/stuff from FDF Mod and Inv 44. That also means it is only for OFP - not Arma.

@ Jan. 06 2007,21:25)]
Inv44 is not dead!

It is GrimErazer & co who are working on that "Lapland War" project. It is told to be island and campaign using units/stuff from FDF Mod and Inv 44. That also means it is only for OFP - not Arma.

Haha, yep, that "info" is cruising the german community as there was a wrong news on armed-assault.de biggrin_o.gif

Same could be said about the magnitude of other similar addons such as weapons, how many different weapon packs are going to be featuring new m16, m14, m4, xm8, ak47, ak74 etc.

It would be nice if mod makers thought of something new to create but it’s entirely up to them, we can’t tell them what to do with their time. banghead.gif

Haha, yep, that "info" is cruising the german community as there was a wrong news on armed-assault.de biggrin_o.gif

Hey they opened a topic in the ArmA Forums. tounge2.gif

@ Fireeagle

Maybe would be good if you give some infos about your mod and your ideas or some Screens of the current state, so the other addonmakers see that you 've made a serious request. smile_o.gif

@ Jan. 06 2007,20:25)]
Inv44 is not dead!

That explains why it was posted in the 'ArmA - Addons & Mods: Discussion' thread then...

@ Jan. 06 2007,20:25)]
Inv44 is not dead!

That explains why it was posted in the 'ArmA - Addons & Mods: Discussion' thread then...

It was actually moved to Arma A&M:D from Off-topic.

Invasion44 gave it up!

Thanks!!

I44 allowed the Lapland War project to use our addons, as did FDF. I guess there has been some confusion about that arrangement. However, to the best of my knowledge, all 3 are going to be working on Armed Assault.

So in short, no, I44 is not dead. They are just not going to do any more work for OFP. wink_o.gif

I'm still around, have Arma and am not making addons for OFP anymore.

No tools out yet, islands already seem complex to make.

Still no turrets on planes that I am aware of mad_o.gif

I am going to think small