Sign in to follow this  
lorence

i am looking for a Russian SAM "SA-2"

i tried hard to find the addon SA-2 "guideline" missile but still didn't get it. Can anyone tell me where i can find it?

As I know, no one released one yet. One of the Iraqi mods, and the RKSL guys mentioned it (release in the future), or I can give you an unfinished model if you want.

i think there was one in OPGWC mod's release.

RKSL and LoBo mods have it, but they are still not released...

yep, i saw it in a LoBo Mod video, but they only got the "SA-6" in the mod

yep, i saw it in a LoBo Mod video, but they only got the "SA-6" in the mod

that was SA-2 in LoBo recent movie tounge2.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
i think there was one in OPGWC mod's release.

RKSL and LoBo mods have it, but they are still not released...

None of RKSL's models are based on the OPGWC models.  I didnt like the way they were done and wanted to try something different.

You can get the OPGWC one working but it wil need some work to make it work properly (scripts and textures etc)

We have quite a few SAM systems in WIP for ArmA(was OFP) but by the time we're ready to release with the improved Firecontrol (FCSS) scripting ArmA will be out and in full flow:

<ul>Sa-2 and Supporting Radars

SA-5 and Supporting Radars

SA-6 and Supporting Radars

SA-11 Standalone

I just dont have the time to finish them right now.  Depending on when ArmA's tools get released I doubt I'll be able to do an OFP release at this rate.

@RockofSL,

I didn't mean that you took SA-2 from OPGWC, i just said you and LoBo mods have it(The SA-2, it doesn't mean opgwc's)

Guest RKSL-Rock
@RockofSL,

I didn't mean that you took SA-2 from OPGWC, i just said you and LoBo mods have it(The SA-2, it doesn't mean opgwc's)

I know mate - I was part of the OPGWC team anyway and the mod was released as a resource for the community, So anyone is free to mod anything they find in the package.

Yeah, LoBo is using the OPGWC mod's SA-2 although Calm Terror did a ton of modifications to it in order to make it behave realistically. Now it no longer does 90 degree right hand turns or fly in circles. We also gave it a huge proximity fuze so that near misses will still cause it to explode and either dammage or destroy aircraft. The scripts also were fixed up by Calm Terror and made to work properly so that the SA-2's are linked to the main tracking radar unit. The SA-2's have to be placed within a certain distance from the radar otherwise they won't work. Likewise, if the radar is destroyed, the SA-2's will not fire.

Our mod is also using Remo's self-propelled SA-6 along with a mobile radar unit. Both of these have been improved a bit since Addon Pack #2. For the IDF we have a HAWK missile battery that the BF1942 IDF mod (I think now BF2) gave us the textures and .3ds model for. Calm Terror then made the PIP3 radar system for it.

Addon pack #3 will be released shortly so if you want to wait, anyone will be welcome to rip the SA-2 and Radar system and convert it to a Russian addon as long as they throw in a credit to not only OPGWC but also to Calm Terror for fixing them up.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

To Miles Teg :    Obviously you guys are working hard on this project. I am looking forward to it. smile_o.gif

To Miles Teg: obviously you guys are working hard on this project. i expect to see it soon.