Sign in to follow this  
USMCRP3

USS Nimitz

Here is a video of the USS Nimitz; we obtain authorization to use this from the original creator. We have been using it in VBS1 for awhile. We were able to convert some of the scripting for ArmA. Still working to get everything working....

USS Nimitz Catapult

USS Nimitz landing

PS We are still waiting on Hawks to get back with us so we can release it to the ArmA community.

Great ! I think there was a time acceleration in the 2nd vid  wink_o.gif

NO WAI!

Check the speed, it's about 200...

Well Gents,

We've got news and bad news...

1) The good news: We received authorization to release the Nimitz.

2) The bad news: We need some good scripter’s to help with the doors and radar activation.

Semper Fi!

Nimitz tour

I know I know, you should not drink and fly..........

Hey nice to see one of the BIG one's beeing converted to Arma. Even if i think that a Tarawa would be more usefull wink_o.gif

But keep it on guys! Let's bring the Navy to the game!

One day we can make a Carrier Battle Group with the surface combatants i plan to make!

One day we can make a Carrier Battle Group with the surface combatants i plan to make!

Exactly notworthy.gif

@USMCRP3, great to see you bring this baby to Arma with permission.

And like Boomer1985 says stuff like this will just make more and better scenarios possible with arma smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif Put the shadows on that baby! Shadow LOD needed.

sure, you go tell them where to get the ArmA editing tools then whistle.gif .

Yeah that's what i'm talking about... and i think it could use a little bit of encreasing the detail as Arma can handle complexer objects than flashpoint. Are you going to add more detail to the model? and textures of course...

sure, you go tell them where to get the ArmA editing tools then  whistle.gif .

You can add the shadows by adding a view LOD at 10000, but it has to be solid and closed. In O2 that is wink_o.gif.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah that's what i'm talking about... and i think it could use a little bit of encreasing the detail as Arma can handle complexer objects than flashpoint. Are you going to add more detail to the model? and textures of course...

My team is working on that now..

Enlistment lines are open for talented scripter's...

USMCRP3, please check your image sizes before posting.

That one was over 3 times the limit!

Quote[/b] ]USMCRP3, please check your image sizes before posting.

That one was over 3 times the limit!

Roger that, does that mean I get a prize?

Semper Fidelis!!!

Semper Fidelis!!!

Why, do you want one?

wink_o.gif

Bit offtopic, but:

Quote[/b] ]You can add the shadows by adding a view LOD at 10000, but it has to be solid and closed. In O2 that is wink_o.gif.

For me personal experience, that isn't always needed.

Yesterday, i succesfully implanted 27 brandnew static objects in ArmA.

Non of them included the 10000 res lod and non of them were solid/closed. But ingame it succesfully rendered all my shadows of the models. Not 100% sure but i even think it renders shadows lod wise. Meaning, high detailed lod = high detailed shadow (as it is), lower lods = low shadow details.

Maybe this is one of the 'class' depending features (apperently BIS did some strange things, as some classes accept certain codes and others just don't. Stupid example: try This setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), XX] some stuff and try it on the ladders crazy_o.gif ..anyway).

Anyway, all of my models (lods) didn't include the code lodnoshadow = 1. Hope it helps.

That could also be the trick, but I've heard that adding that LOD also does the trick.

Semper Fidelis!!!

Why, do you want one?

wink_o.gif

Moderator, tell em what he might win today....  yay.gif

Door #1:

Post Warning.  Moderator will nag and lecture you until you bury yourself in a hole and lose sanity.  goodnight.gif

Door #2:

Video/Audio Torture:  Less formal, but much worse punishment than a Post Warning.  We condemn you to sit and watch and listen to 30 mins of "The Wiggles" songs being played continously while they hold your eyelids open and lock your head in place.

Door #3:

Bannage:  Moderator decides to make an example out of you and decides your the next lucky person to get banned for the first or second offense.  band.gif

Contestant, we are waiting for your selection...  biggrin_o.gif

Door #4:

Off-topic spamming gets you a WL+1, a 48hr PR, and a sig with Fluffy Bunny in it.